PDA

View Full Version : WGFE: Fokker Fighters of World War One (A&A)

Baldrick62
04-30-2012, 13:47
Submit a Book ReviewBook Title:
Fokker Fighters of World War One Author:
Alex Imrie ISBN:
0-85368-782-X Category:
Reference Format:
Paperback Summary:
Arms and Armour Press Vintage Warbirds No.6 is a 64pp chronological study from the pre-war Spider to the D.VIII, illustrated with 119 B&W photos of the aircraft flown by the Luftstreitkrafte, as well as some post-war Dutch and Polish examples and 'movie birds' from the likes of Howard Hughes' 'Hell's Angels'. Generally, each photo has a quite detailed description of the aircraft type, the individual aircraft in the picture and comments on markings, capability and/or action in which it was involved. Many of the photos and their subjects are commonly reproduced in other publications, but it also includes some fantastic squadron line-ups of Jasta 80b D.VIs, Jasta 26 Dr.Is and Jasta 6 E.Vs . Published in the 1980s, the Vintage Warbirds series still turns up at book exchanges for not a lot more than the original cover price of £4.95, which makes it quite a bargain for what you get.

Oberst Hajj
04-30-2012, 23:21
This is one I'd like to add to my collection. Might be hard to find this side of the pond though.

john snelling
05-01-2012, 08:55
Thanks, reads like my kind of book. Will keep an eye open for it.
Your review was very well written.

Grey Knight
05-01-2012, 09:29
Will have to look for it,thanks

sirosis o liver
05-01-2012, 10:39
sounds like a must have for fokker nuts

Guntruck
05-01-2012, 13:01
It was a good series which included Nieuport aircraft of WW1, the Bristol Fighter, Air War over Great Britain 14-18 and German Aces of WW1, RFC in WW1, German Army Air Service and WW1 in the Air. All choc full of piccies and worth picking up.

Baldrick62
05-01-2012, 15:11
It was a good series which included Nieuport aircraft of WW1, the Bristol Fighter, Air War over Great Britain 14-18 and German Aces of WW1, RFC in WW1, German Army Air Service and WW1 in the Air. All choc full of piccies and worth picking up.

And all those titles are in the Book Review section on the site.

There is also 'Air War over Great Britain, 1914-18' and 'RAF between the Wars' which I don't have. Additionally, there are the Vintage Aviation Fotofax books in a similar format, some of which are also in the Book review section.