PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Plane Tournament

Charlie3
02-09-2010, 20:33
Here's an idea for a tournament that is well balanced.

Combats will be 2 on 2
Sopwith Tri-Planes for the Allies
Fokker Dr 1's for the Central Empires
All offical Wings of War rules will be in use
Remove the Explosion cards from the Damage decks.

Players will randomally draw for sides (Allies, or Central Empires) at the beginning of each round.

Winning two player teams of a round will move on to the next round. To win a round at least one plane of a team must remain in the air at the end of the game.

Rounds contiue until only one team is left. The two players of this final team are the winners.

Oberst Hajj
02-10-2010, 08:55
Sound simple and fair... good stuff for a tournament.

Pooh
02-10-2010, 10:19
You guys play with cards then? I'd love to have a WoW Sopwith Tripe but it looks like they're down on the priority list as far as minis go. Sounds like fun though.

Pooh

Oberst Hajj
02-10-2010, 11:12
Nope, I only use minis, but the format would work just fine with any planes substituted in.

sparty
02-10-2010, 19:17
Simple setup. Can't beat that!

I do like the idea of a themed battle.

Charlie3
02-10-2010, 19:45
We only use the cards to make overlaps easier to deal with. We have used Camels to represent the tripes and everyone is informed of the switch. I am working on buying some metal kits to fill in the gaps like some others have.

Kiwi_Ace
11-26-2010, 13:05
sounds cool. if u wanted a longer game u could allow a reserve plane to enter the battle when 1 is shot down. Limited ammunition or damaged plane with less health at the start of he game is an interesting variation as well. teams could then decide who gets the most beat up plane at the start of play.

The Cowman
11-26-2010, 18:29
I like it... now if I can only get these Tripehounds built... (and can avoid stepping on the models in the process!) ;)

MayorJim
11-27-2010, 08:34
We only use the cards to make overlaps easier to deal with. We have used Camels to represent the tripes and everyone is informed of the switch. I am working on buying some metal kits to fill in the gaps like some others have.

Charlie,
I like that idea...use a mini, but it represents a different plane...I'll have to try that!

Charlie3
11-28-2010, 12:50
Charlie,
I like that idea...use a mini, but it represents a different plane...I'll have to try that!We still use sopwith models... just note that they are the triplanes:)