PDA

View Full Version : Maneuver Decks with Miniatures

sparty
02-09-2010, 18:37
Are the maneuver decks that come with the minis the standard decks? So the A decks that come with the Spad XIIIs in Series 1 are the same as the A deck that ships in the boxed game or are the decks specific to the plane/pilot combo?

Oberst Hajj
02-09-2010, 18:49
Maneuver decks are all the same. A = A no matter where it come from.

sparty
02-09-2010, 19:22
I thought that was the case, but before I start working on a storage solution I figured I might check just to be certain.

It would be kind of cool though if particular pilots featured replacement moves that were a "signature move."

Charlie3
02-09-2010, 20:06
I thought that was the case, but before I start working on a storage solution I figured I might check just to be certain.

It would be kind of cool though if particular pilots featured replacement moves that were a "signature move." It would be cool, I imagine it would be difficult to do though. That is why most groups use the Ace Skills rules to enhance certain pilots. They do make a serious difference in combat.

Cruthers
02-10-2010, 00:10
Maneuver decks are all the same. A = A no matter where it come from.

That's not strictly true, at least in my experience. The miniatures include two cards specific to changing altitude that aren't included in the basic card sets that come with the boxed games.

sparty
02-10-2010, 05:19
Yeah those are the ones with the pink(?) movement lines?

Oberst Hajj
02-10-2010, 05:55
I was under the impression that all the maneuver decks from WYB and BD came with the altitude cards and that newer prints of FA also included them now.

Even if they don't, the decks are still the same from a maneuver stand point.

As for aces having extra maneuver cards in their decks, I played around with that a little bit in my tiered ace skills. One of the skills allowed the player to pick one maneuver card from another plane that was available during the same year as his plane or earlier. That card then remained in his deck for the rest of the campaign, even if he switched to a new plane. He was not allowed to later change that card out for another one.

Jythier
02-22-2010, 17:22
My copy of BD came with altitude cards for A-J, I think.

Jmac
02-22-2010, 18:29
I know my copy of Burning Drachens came with Climb and Dive cards for Decks the previous decks that didn't have them.