PDA

View Full Version : National How much is that Fokker in the window?

flash
04-18-2012, 12:03
With the planned arrival of bombers & series 5 at the 'drome in the near-ish future & a with a wish to support our good old British shop-keeps have any of you chaps found a confirmed vendor for these products in the UK ?
If you have, post it here please & try to answer the following: Will they be doing pre-orders and, more importantly, what'll the retail price will be ?

I have the horrible feeling that they will be in GBP what they are in USD ie £13.90 but live in hope that the roe will be applied & they will be around £8-9 :)
If any of our Euro cousins read this do you have an idea how much they will cost you ?

Need to know so I can plan how big a lie I have to tell the Mem-sahib !! ;)

Linz
04-18-2012, 15:20
Dave
Sit down while I tell you that we are looking at paying $60.00 each for the Bombers.
Which is about 2 and 1/2 times the price of a Scout.
And yes I will be getting all of them locally to support my LGS and ensure that the game stays on shelves here.
Linz

Rat of Vengence
04-18-2012, 16:04
Pre-orders of the bombers here are $37.50, while preorders in the US (The AUS dollar is stronger at the moment) are $23 or so. Go figure...

Dave

flash
04-18-2012, 16:19
Take it that's NZD Linz- if so that's roughly £30.00 ...
If you look at our sponsors site you will see that in USD the list price is $34.90 - that's about £21 or $42 to you, or, 26euro. :hmm:
I will be pleasantly surprised if we pay £21 for the bombers, a fair price I think, equally horrified if we're expected to pay £34.90 (near NZ$70) but history suggests it may well be the latter. I'm just trying to find out which it is for the scouts & if I have to buy one instead of two of a kind !!
Just saying is all. ;)

Belis4rius
04-19-2012, 01:00
Personally I think the prices are exorbitant, I can't speak for the Caprioni but the Gotha is merely a large two seater in size, and to pay around £24 for that is a joke. I love the game as much as the next guy but I refused to pay over the odds for the shiney plastic balloon and will continue in the same vein for the small bombers.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-19-2012, 01:32
I must admit that I keep wondering if I really need that French Caproni, and as I made my own day cammo Gotha, maybe I only need the night time one. The savings there would go a long way toward financing the twelve early birds.
Rob.

flash
04-20-2012, 12:13
Quoting Watchdog from another thread today chaps; I have put the emphasis on the painful bits:

"One of the major shop owners selling WOW stuff in my country [Czech Republic] told me some disheartening news about the expected prices for Europe today. If he is right, Ares is having their containers shipped from China to USA and only then to Europe, paying customs more times than one would expect for an EU based company, therefore the prices are going to be quite high here. The new WGS planes are already seen in Czech online shops for about 50% more than the old WOWII ones. Ares recommended price for the heavy bombers is 35 EUR and he said for UK it is probably going to be the same in GBP. Basically, the prices for the products are going the same in USD, EUR and GBP. He also told me that the new Rules and Accessories pack is going to cost at least the same as the Deluxe set, but probably more. If that is true, I am not going to buy stuff from Ares in Europe, if at all... "

That answers the question for me !

Linz
04-20-2012, 12:47
It has been a delemia for us in NZ. Should we buy from LGS at $25 for a scout or ship them in from UK / USA at a far cheaper price including freight.
The problem is that if we don't buy from LGS then the game will not be stocked by them and will die out very quickly.
So the decision I made was to purchase as many as possible locally. Yes it costs me more but is better for the game.
As it is at the moment our LGS will not be stocking the Bombers as the market is too small but he will order them in for me.
I'm budgeting between $240 to $300 NZ for the for bombers and probably $350 To $400 NZ for all 12 of the early war aircraft.
So welcome to my world.
We refuse to pay the price and lose the game or we pay the price and the game remains in the public eye.
Linz

Boney10
04-20-2012, 21:58
Maybe to put things into my perspective. When I first collected Series 1 my minis cost £5, series 2 £7, Series 3 rolled in at £8-9 while series 4£10-15. balloon sets £35. According to uk sources for the WW2 version we looking at £12 for a fighter. Now we hear, of course rumours only, Bombers £35 + so are we looking at series 5 £15? Unfortunately I think so. So let me think, Shapeways, Skytrex & Reviresco are all approx £5-7 for scouts. Yes unpainted no base or pegs. So by the time we buy a base pegs and paint we are looking at adding another what £3-4 so is it unreasonable to expect to pay £15 for a scout. I think I may just do so, but am seriously thinking of giving the bombers a miss, no matter how I wanted them, I find paying £140 for 4 models just too much.
Apologies for the whineing chaps

Belis4rius
04-21-2012, 00:16
There are minimal costs in building a kit, you probably have the paints, glue etc. already. I got plastic sheets and rods on ebay for approx £10, I managed to get six bomber stands and about the same number of scout stands for my money, so less than a £1.00 each. I copied existing manouvre decks and bought one blister for one I didn't have. Maybe looking now at £1.50 for the accessories for twelve planes. Now my scouts cost £5.00 and my most expensive bombers £15. A huge saving overall on twelve planes.

I don't have a LGS and suspect most people in the UK don't as they have generally gone the way of the Dodo and most purchases now are online or at shows, so I do not have that dilemma.

The bottom line for me is no matter what excuse you use the Ares stuff is expensive and too expensive to even be in with a chance of me losing my head and buying a balloon set or bomber.

I am tempted to get a couple of DH2's and two Halberstadt's, but not at £15, £12 maybe.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-21-2012, 01:03
I agree with you chaps. I am seriously thinking of getting just on or two of each type of early bird and one of each bomber.
For early aircraft it would seem that they often only went out in ones or twos at most, and often hunted alone, so a sky full of aircraft would seem to be historically incorrect in any case.
Rob.

Doug
04-21-2012, 03:14
Well no one in Oz appears to be stocking WW2 Series3 mins, only the dulux set, and at a discount I could get that for A$90 (but I am not) so for me it has come to the point where I am pre-ordering and buying from the site sponsor in the USA. I am a mercinary I do not care where I get them as long as I get them, and futher more I blame the OZ stockist for that:serious:

Kaiser
04-21-2012, 03:36
Well the new prices are steep. But i didn't intend to buy all the planes at once. One plane at a time even if it takes me months :)

Green Goblin
04-23-2012, 04:51
Saw two single pack WoG WW2 fighters at Salute for approx £12 each. Didn't look too closely as WW1 is my thing at the moment.

flash
04-23-2012, 07:45
Thanks Dave, that's a good indicator - think they tended to be less than WW1 because of the scale difference - it still seems that no-one has found a retailer offering them for sale yet ! I think I will hedge my bets and pre-order from 12-7 as the price is favourable.

Naharaht
04-23-2012, 08:05
My local games shop in Norwich is selling the new WW2 planes at £10.99 each, which I think is quite reasonable.

Guntruck
04-23-2012, 08:34
I emailed Dom Skelton a couple of weeks ago to see if he will be stocking them. I think that very much depends on what the cost of the models.