PDA

View Full Version : Ohio: FloorWars Spring 2012 21-APR-12 Willoughby, Ohio

Jager
04-12-2012, 12:25
I will be running WGF at the Spring FloorWars in Willoughby, Ohio Saturday 21-APR-12.
Currently, the plan is to run a variant of Aerodrome Assault, but this will depend on the number of players.
I hope any of the Cleveland Flight 'Drome members can attend.
The link to the Cons webpage is: http://www.floorwarscon.net/
Karl

Zakopious
04-12-2012, 18:08
It is a little iffy at this time, but I might be able to attend.
My wife will have knee surgery on the 16th and my mother will be transferred to a nursing home in a few days.

Jager
04-15-2012, 08:15
I hope everything goes well with both of them; if you can't make it, we'll just do a fly-by for you ;)
Karl

Zakopious
04-20-2012, 13:16
Karl,
My wife is in a nursing home for knee rehabilitation as of yesterday.
My mother is in a nursing home permanently on a doctor's recommendation.
I discussed the situation with my wife today and she sees no reason for me to stay home tomorrow.
Thus, I plan on being at Floor Wars in Willoughby, Ohio tomorrow.
Ken

Skullduggery
04-21-2012, 23:50
ACK!!! I missed it :brickwal:
Teach me to procrastinate and not check the site for a while. :cry:

Jager
04-22-2012, 04:22
ACK!!! I missed it :brickwal:
Teach me to procrastinate and not check the site for a while. :cry:

Don't sweat it Brian; It's really a small affair. We ended up with less than 20 people all told. and a couple left when it was announced that the Dreadnought game was cancelled due to a severe illness. I ended up with 3 players, so scrapped my planned game, and dove in with them, and we played 2 games of 2-on-2, finishing off with a shark-pit game. Kenneth (Zakopious) was there, and won 2 out of 3. I'll post the few pics I took.
The bad news is, I got seduced into buying a copy of Dysponian Wars, along with the Prussian starter fleet and a few add on airships from the sale and swap table. Just what I need, another game to collect with no time to play :money:
Karl

Skullduggery
04-23-2012, 06:16
Don't sweat it Brian; It's really a small affair. We ended up with less than 20 people all told. and a couple left when it was announced that the Dreadnought game was cancelled due to a severe illness. I ended up with 3 players, so scrapped my planned game, and dove in with them, and we played 2 games of 2-on-2, finishing off with a shark-pit game. Kenneth (Zakopious) was there, and won 2 out of 3. I'll post the few pics I took.
The bad news is, I got seduced into buying a copy of Dysponian Wars, along with the Prussian starter fleet and a few add on airships from the sale and swap table. Just what I need, another game to collect with no time to play :money:
Karl
I had the day off.... though I did go play the new A call to Arms : Starfleet game . which I got seduced into buying recently myself.

Zakopious
04-24-2012, 17:21
Karl is instructing a new recruit on the finer points of air combat at Floor Wars.

Zakopious
04-24-2012, 17:33
Karl brought lots of toys for us to play with.

Zakopious
04-24-2012, 17:54
Here we are circling the Boches.
I have the camel with the Belgium roundels.
Notice that I have cleverly allowed my brave wingman to get between me and the Boches in the hope of surviving the game.

Zakopious
04-24-2012, 18:04
Karl's Fokker D.VII pours a withering hail of fire into my wingman setting him on fire.
At the same time, I display my marvelously inept piloting ability by almost colliding with my wingman.

If I remember correctly, the Boches ganged up on me in this game and I pulled the BOOM ! card.

Zakopious
04-24-2012, 18:24
Here is my Belgium camel after shooting down what I think is the Red Baron.

Naturally I went to the officer's club that night and bragged to anyone who would listen that I had shot down the Red Baron.
You can imagine my chagrin when the body was identified and found to be a novice pilot who had borrowed the Red Baron's plane for his first patrol.

Jager
04-26-2012, 04:06
Thanks for posting your pics, Kenneth; I wish we had kept the youngling for our games, but he went to play Leggo Pirates instead. Can't blame him much; I've been wanting to play for years, but it always comes against something else that edges it out.
Karl