PDA

View Full Version : National Rank Insignias.

gully_raker
04-11-2012, 20:09
:thumbsup: G'day fellow Pilots! You may notice your American Rank badges have disappeared but never fear.
In consultation with Herr Oberst Hajj I will be taking on the task of converting the Australian members to the British Rank Badges.
This will take a little time so please be patient.
Keith will be sending me the details of the process & give me access to the necessary programme.
Cheers Barry H, N.S.W. Squadron Leader.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-12-2012, 00:02
Good to hear your news Barry. If you need any help just let me have a list of members names, and which box to tick and I'll do a few for you.
Rob.

Rat of Vengence
04-12-2012, 00:48
Fantastic! Good on you for taking that task on Barry! Put me down for 'Modern Major-General'...

:salute:

Dave

Doug
04-12-2012, 03:06
Good on ya Barry!

Bluedevil
04-12-2012, 03:21
Good to hear your news Barry. If you need any help just let me have a list of members names, and which box to tick and I'll do a few for you.
Rob.

If you need extra help: I'm willing to help Rob help you...:p

gully_raker
04-12-2012, 16:47
:thumbsup: Thanks for the offers of help Chaps.
I will see how I go & if in trouble will let you know.

Thanks again Wingmen!:salute:

gully_raker
04-12-2012, 16:52
:eek:EGADS!How did that happen my Majors badge just magically appeared.
I see the hand of Herr Oberst or Ltn Col. Kyte at work here.:cheezy:

Willi Von Klugermann
04-12-2012, 17:42
:eek:EGADS!How did that happen my Majors badge just magically appeared.
I see the hand of Herr Oberst or Ltn Col. Kyte at work here.:cheezy:

Yep, that crown looks alot better than the crap I have.

Willi Von Klugermann
04-12-2012, 17:44
Oops, I didn't notice but I don't even have crap now.

Willi Von Klugermann
04-12-2012, 17:58
I think I would like my German insignia back. The Captains bars just never went with the avatar.

Dark Horse
04-12-2012, 18:35
Fantastic! Good on you for taking that task on Barry! Put me down for 'Modern Major-General'...

:salute:

Dave

You will have to change your ID from "Rat of Vengence" to "Gilbert O' Sullivan" then!

gully_raker
04-12-2012, 18:44
Oops, I didn't notice but I don't even have crap now.

:D You probably need to PM Richard or Keith to see if they can effect the change.

Good luck Willie!

wargamer
04-12-2012, 23:20
ah well, never did like the confusion of the rank, duty system we had. seems like we should have had rank set up with assignments, 2nd Lieutenant for basic members, Captains for squadron commanders, Colonels for wing commanders. Then use pilot wings for message linkage, basic pilot wings at say 400 messages, senior wings at 2000 messages or 1300 days membership; command wings at 10k messages or 6 years membership. Perhaps special wings for those who do extra artwork or other special projects for the site.

of course with rank comes responsibility; don't want the rank, don't accept the job. that way it will be easier to see those who have accepted duty.

Flying Officer Kyte
04-13-2012, 10:57
You will have to change your ID from "Rat of Vengence" to "Gilbert O' Sullivan" then!

He will be carpeted if he does.:smack:
Kyte.

gully_raker
04-15-2012, 17:28
I think I would like my German insignia back. The Captains bars just never went with the avatar.

:cheezy: There you go Willi!

Cant get rid of the US Bars though as they seem to go with the Country Flag.

Cheers Baz.

Oberst Hajj
04-15-2012, 22:30
I sorted out Willi's Capt. bars.

The Cowman
04-15-2012, 23:10

Willi I am sorry I did not see this post sooner or I would have taken care of the problem in a more timely fashion. Unfortunately I was doing the insignia one at a time in alphabetical order... Most all of the current and active U.S. members should have their rank inisgnia back now.

gully_raker
04-16-2012, 04:12
I sorted out Willi's Capt. bars.

Thanks Keith!

Willi Von Klugermann
04-16-2012, 05:55
Thanks all. I hope this wasn't too troublesome.

Willi

Hunter
04-20-2012, 02:28
Hey, these are sweet! Thanks all!

alkis21
09-26-2012, 12:59
How do we get rank insignia?

Is it a manual intervention?

Alkis

Oberst Hajj
09-26-2012, 13:39
It's based on the user group you are assigned to... which in turn is based on what country you live in. Greece does not have it's own group, so falls under Other that does not have a default rank set. I can move you over to another one if you tell me what country's rank you would like.

alkis21
09-26-2012, 21:51
Australia would be great Keith, if this can be done. OZ rank uses British insignia, right?

Oberst Hajj
09-27-2012, 05:33
Yep, and there you go.

alkis21
09-27-2012, 06:13
Fantastic!

:thankyou:Herr Oberst!

Baron Rolf
09-27-2012, 10:58
Can I be cheeky and have German rank insignia please Keith ;)

gully_raker
09-27-2012, 20:56
:confused: Mark, from memory you have to achieve 100 post to qualify for your Ltn's insignia.:)

gully_raker
09-27-2012, 20:59
Australia would be great Keith, if this can be done. OZ rank uses British insignia, right?

:thumbsup: Haaa! Another honary Aussie!
We do have a large % of Greek folk here due to migration at the end of WW2.:)

alkis21
09-27-2012, 21:49
:thumbsup: Haaa! Another honary Aussie!
We do have a large % of Greek folk here due to migration at the end of WW2.:)

And you might have one more by the end of the year Barry.

The company I work for is establishing a sales office in Sydney and I have offered to be the person to send for helping with all sales administration and logistics work. They have accepted and now we are going through all immigration and sponsoring issues to make this a reality.

So, if everything goes by plan, I should be able to experience Christmas on the beach this year!

Perhaps we can cross flight paths above your friendly skies soon.

Alkis

gully_raker
09-28-2012, 17:14

The company I work for is establishing a sales office in Sydney and I have offered to be the person to send for helping with all sales administration and logistics work. They have accepted and now we are going through all immigration and sponsoring issues to make this a reality.

So, if everything goes by plan, I should be able to experience Christmas on the beach this year!

Alkis

:thumbsup: Thats great news my friend.
Let me know when you get here via a PM on the Forum & I will give you my contact details.
Moruya is about 4 hours drive South of Sydney but maybe one weekend you might like to travel & see the beautiful South Coast. Very Rural & lots of National Parks. We could organise a few Games with our Club Members.:D

gully_raker
09-28-2012, 17:17
:confused: Mark, from memory you have to achieve 100 post to qualify for your Ltn's insignia.:)

:smack: Obviously I was wrong.:eek::lol:

Rat of Vengence
09-29-2012, 05:16

Alkis

Make sure you let us Aussies know what part of Sydney, we might be able to get a game in!

Good luck with the paperwork.

Dave

alkis21
09-29-2012, 07:47
Thank you Barry and Dave.

We are still in the beginning and have just registered the business. So there are many hoops to go through before the business can be nominated as a valid sponsor and then sponsor me for a long term business visa. I reckon that it will take 2-3 months.

Most likely place for our office space is North Sydney area so I guess I will try to hunt for living quarters as close as possible, at least for the start. That's mostly my wife's project, though. ;)

We would love to take some trips to explore the regions around and naturally playing some WoW/G games will be on the agenda.

I honestly am looking forward to the move and the new life down under.

I will let you know all when things are getting more real.

Alkis