PDA

View Full Version : AAR Mission 3: The Hunter in the Skies (Marechallannes - Entente)

Marechallannes
04-10-2012, 01:02
One moment of incautioness - an intensive view to the Eagles side of the front and...

Taktaktaktaktaktak! The bullets from a pair of hungry Spandaus hammered holes in the fuselage of my Camel an a burning pain in my left side.

Mon dieu! That hurts! Were did this came from?

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39654&d=1334042715

I throw my Camel in a left curve and saw a black shadow close on my six - still firing - hitting me again.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39651&d=1334042656

My miserable try to outmaneuver him with a sharp Camel curve failed, even if I managed to hit him with a burst from my Vickers. His brilliant Immelmann gave him again the opportunity to rip parts of my fuselage.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39652&d=1334042656

Time stood still when we passed each other...

Words can't discribe the situation when the pilots looked at each other:

Mannecken: :erk: Udet: :slysmile:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39653&d=1334042656

Merde! Ernst Udet! - Ernst Udet tried to shoot me out of the skies!

Fortunately the engine of my Camel wasn't hit and I headed full speed to our lines. Maybe Udet thought that I would fight to the end while he performed another perfect Immelmann maneuver to engage me again, but the he realized that his opponent brake off.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39648&d=1334042382

Even with the advantage of higher speed with his black Albatros D.Va, Udet decided to abstain from a boring chase because I gained to much distance. The German Ace returned to the frontline, like an eagle searching for other victims.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39649&d=1334042382

I managed to reach a nearby French airfield and the ground staff helped my out of my heavy damaged Camel. Mayby I had much luck, surviving this unbalanced fight, but didn't feel lucky...:dazed:

Marechallannes
04-10-2012, 01:05
Result:

Ernst Udet, Albatros D.Va: Survived (2 damage points)

Pit Manneken, Sopwith Camel: Survived, but injured (13 damage points)

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39650&d=1334042382

Started the mission with a German Ace, that managed to sneak in shooting position - firing a burst before the first maneuvers were planed.

I used the advanced solo rules from Richard Bradley. Acrobatic Pilot I changed the original right turn after Udets first Immelmann into a left turn in the direction of Manneken' Camel.

The grey dots on the damage cards simulated Udet's Deadly Aim I ability. Even if I missed to place a dot in picture No. 2.

Fortunately there where no more special damage for the Sopwith Camel. Otherwise I'm shure that Udet brought Manneken down.

Joaquim, please determine the result of Mannekens injury and post it here.:thankyou:

Archidamus
04-10-2012, 03:39
A lucky escape for Manneken indeed - but from such luck are aces born! I hope his injuries don't keep him out of action for too long

Nice AAR Sven

Nightbomber
04-10-2012, 07:44
Quick but sharp scenario Sven! Well written and pictured. I like you show the manouevre cards like I do, but I think you made your show much clearer than me:thumbsup:
You had a bad luck with Manneken from the beginning, but speaking about luck you should see my AAR that will follow soon...

Flying Officer Kyte
04-10-2012, 08:04
Sometimes you just have days like that Sven. I have forwarded a bottle of G&T and a box of cigars, with my best wishes for a speedy recovery to the hospital that Manneken was taken to.
Thank you for forwarding the splendid AAR. on his behalf.
Col. Kyte. Squadron HQ. Bentangles.

Marechallannes
04-10-2012, 08:20
Quick but sharp scenario Sven! Well written and pictured. I like you show the manouevre cards like I do, but I think you made your show much clearer than me.:thumbsup:

I couldn't resist to present the complete turns of this quick "4 turn sortie".

It shows the dangerous AI movement in combination with the advanced solo rules and the ace abilities.

I have forwarded a bottle of G&T and a box of cigars, with my best wishes for a speedy recovery to the hospital...

Thank you, Sir! I promise to be back on duty as soon as possible!

Blackronin
04-10-2012, 10:47
Amazing report, Sven. Maybe not lucky for you, but very well written and fun.
Your pilot wound is: Rolled 6 (8) - Bruised - Skip 1 Scenario.

Marechallannes
04-10-2012, 11:09
Ok, I'll write Andreas von Oppeln a postcard...

tikkifriend
04-11-2012, 05:24
Great report Sven, When are we Bulldogs going to get a break:takecover: We need to send some Schnapps to the Eagles for their next sortie:drinks:
This Mission was always going to be a hard one but it was enjoyable all the same.
Paul

Blackronin
04-11-2012, 11:04
Yes it was. And as we gain victories and abilities, we'll try it again sometime in the future.

Marechallannes
04-11-2012, 11:08
...When are we Bulldogs going to get a break:takecover: We need to send some Schnapps to the Eagles for their next sortie:drinks:
This Mission was always going to be a hard one but it was enjoyable all the same.

This mission gave us the time for new recruits (Flashs pilots - replacements for killed pilots) and hospital returners.

Have a look at our roster.;)

We're ready to rumble!:thumbsup:

Nightbomber
04-11-2012, 11:26
Yes it was. And as we gain victories and abilities, we'll try it again sometime in the future.Good idea, Quim. Von Oppeln will improve his flirting abilities messing around with nurses, while you guys become aces. You should invite a special ace ability exclusively for him:"Always scores during first date"...

Blackronin
04-11-2012, 11:50
Good idea, Quim. Von Oppeln will improve his flirting abilities messing around with nurses, while you guys become aces. You should invite a special ace ability exclusively for him:"Always scores during first date"...

Always Scores During First Date Exclusive Ability
(This ability can only be used by Von Oppeln.)
Roll 1D6 before each mission:
1 - Her father knows how to use a shotgun! (Von Oppeln start the scenario as if he was already wounded. If he is wounded it will bring him down.)
2 - Von Oppeln know how to dodge a bullet! (Von Oppeln runs into the woods followed by an angry brother and his fire always counts as if his plane is at long range.)
3 - A kiss as good as wine! (Von Oppeln's first shot counts as "zero" as he's still much drunk by the last nurse's kiss.)
4 - Come back to me, Von Oppeln! (Von Oppeln can ignore the first shot made against him.)
5 - Take my scarf with you, Von Oppeln! (Von Oppeln, during this scenario, can take two damage cards and choose the one that will take effect against him when he's shot at.)
6 - Why are you wearing three different scarves at the same time, Von Oppeln?! (Von Oppeln, during this scenario, can always fire as if he was at close range.)

Nightbomber
04-11-2012, 12:11
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::FOK: I will use it!!!

Flying Officer Kyte
04-11-2012, 12:11
I thought we already had a custom made ability for von Oppein's amorous adventures. I'ts Lucky Git.:cheezy:
Kyte.

tikkifriend
04-11-2012, 12:26
:thumbsup::thumbsup:I thought it was Acrobatic Pilot 2
Paul

Blackronin
04-11-2012, 12:28
Paul! Acrobatic? Yes! But where?! ;)

tikkifriend
04-11-2012, 13:00
QUOTE=Blackronin;137898]Paul! Acrobatic? Yes! But where?! ;)[/QUOTE]

:deadhorse:deadhorse::thankyou: