PDA

View Full Version : WGF: Revised Deluxe Edition

Pages : [1] 2

Oberst Hajj
02-05-2010, 00:49
Looks like we will be getting a new revised Deluxe Edition some time this year. It is supposed to have "four exclusive models" and everything needed to start to playing.

UPDATE:

I guess these are going to be repaints. Andrea has posted that he would like to include Frank Luke's SPAD XIII, another Red Baron Dr.I (http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/files/images/classic-fighters-2005/cf05_dr-1-16_0.jpg), Roy Brown's Camel (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bicycler-cnh/3747615401/), and Paul Baumer's Albatros (http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWalbatros.jpg).

Goberfish
02-05-2010, 03:01
Do you know if this is for both eras or just one of the WW?

Andre

Oberst Hajj
02-05-2010, 03:07
Only for WWI.

SoldierSteve
02-05-2010, 04:28
Balloons, Bombers and a new de-luxe set. Looks like I'm going to have to get a job to pay for all this:eek:

Does anyone know if it will have an english language version?

Oberst Hajj
02-05-2010, 04:57
I'm pretty sure it will this time... I think they learned their lesson with the first one and the WWII one has sold really well here in the US.

sparty
02-05-2010, 05:05
That's great news! Anything to get the game back on people's minds by being on shelves is a great thing. I'll be interested to find out what exclusive models come with it!

Pseudotheist
02-05-2010, 05:12
Looks like we will be getting a new revised Deluxe Edition some time this year.
So, 2012...

SoldierSteve
02-05-2010, 08:53
So, 2012...

Clearly not an optimist then:)

Scoop
02-05-2010, 09:39
I wonder if Nexus can handle all this. The new stuff gets delayed and they tell there is more and more and more to come. I would appreciate a Set with repaints without being a fully equipped Deluxe-Set. Why should I buy another one of this? On the other hand, if the old Deluxe-Set is unavailable this would be quite a good idea.

afilter
02-05-2010, 10:52
I wonder if Nexus can handle all this. The new stuff gets delayed and they tell there is more and more and more to come. I would appreciate a Set with repaints without being a fully equipped Deluxe-Set. Why should I buy another one of this? On the other hand, if the old Deluxe-Set is unavailable this would be quite a good idea.

I believe that is the case....at least in the U.S.

Dang...there goes my gaming budget again...ok kids we are having Ramen Noodles tonight....and every night for the next few weeks.;)

sparty
02-05-2010, 12:16
I would appreciate a Set with repaints without being a fully equipped Deluxe-Set.

You said it! Buying a bundle of these planes, even in a limited quantity would be great.

Why should I buy another one of this? On the other hand, if the old Deluxe-Set is unavailable this would be quite a good idea.

The Deluxe set is only available in the US from imaginaire, as far as I can tell. I just paid $25 for the Richthofen mini because it's out of stock pretty much everywhere on the planet and the ebay auctions for it are going for around $20 bucks + shipping anyway.

Honestly, I'd love to see a reprint of the entire Series 1 lineup and sold in a smaller 2 plane bundles. So instead of $12 bucks for 1 plane maybe $20 bucks for 2 planes. Imagine how well a Rickenbacker + Richthofen or a Richthofen + Udet bundle would sell just to WW1 model enthusiasts alone.

AlgyLacey
02-05-2010, 12:44
And those of us who want to concentrate on particular nations could get big discounts on a 12 aircraft set without forking out for types that our chosen nation didn't fly.

How about an RFC set of two camels, 2Re8, a Dh4, 2Dh2s, 2 Snipe, an FE2b and a pair of Biffs?

Jäger
02-05-2010, 13:49
If the planes in the new Deluxe Set are "only" repaints, it's fine for me. The current assortment of planes is very comprehensive so I can't think up many new planes as models. And there are coming series 4 and 5, so repaints really are satisfying and pleasant add. :)

Oberst Hajj
02-05-2010, 18:27
If they are repaints, I'll probably by a set and sell of the damage cards and such... I have plenty of those already.

sparty
02-05-2010, 19:59
The other option is to go in on a set with someone who wants the central powers or the entente powers planes. Split the cost and you end up with the dupes of the stuff you wanted.

Oberst Hajj
02-12-2010, 02:22
Important update added to the first post.

usmc1855
02-12-2010, 03:32
Good. I'll enjoy th planes, and would certainly use additional damage decks as well.

The Blue Baron
02-12-2010, 03:56
Nice choice of planes. Esp Luke's plane would be great!

Scoop
02-12-2010, 04:15
Nice and tempting to buy another set.

Jäger
02-12-2010, 04:23
Indeed, nice choises of planes. I think Lothar's Dreidecker could have been more interesting than the old red one... but still, the new set sounds great!

The Blue Baron
02-12-2010, 04:52
I think Lothar's Dreidecker could have been more interesting than the old red one...

Agreed! But since it will be the starting set for new players it makes absolute sense to put really famous pilots in the set. And no WW1 pilot is as famous as the Red Baron...

Oberst Hajj
02-12-2010, 05:06
And no WW1 pilot is as famous as the Red Baron...

Except the Blue Baron!!

Jäger
02-12-2010, 05:06
That's true, but I did not found anythink about Paul Baumer: who was he? I really like his Albatross pictured above!

The Blue Baron
02-12-2010, 06:30
A little text about Bäumer:

http://www.firstworldwar.com/bio/baumer.htm

Grinneth42
02-12-2010, 07:16
Except the Blue Baron!!

Hmm... Except the Blue Baron... And Snoopy!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/snoopyflyingacexbla/

(Check out the drachen near the end!)

Belis4rius
02-12-2010, 08:27
$20 for a red triplane! I need to get my paints out, might manage to get a balloon after all :)

ego
02-12-2010, 09:12
If I manage to get hold of one of those it is bought! :cool:

Kodiak
02-12-2010, 10:36
Hi,

Has there been any thought of doing one of Raben's Jasta 18 planes? Either the DR1 or the DVII would be great.

Bill

Greywolf
02-12-2010, 16:11
this is great news hopefully I'll get a copy of this new deluxe set.

Since I missed out on the other version.

cheers
Greywolf

sparty
02-12-2010, 16:17
I'll definitely be getting this sucker. Having the Frank Luke paint job without having to do it myself will be awesome.

Timothy Pray
02-12-2010, 17:30
Except the Blue Baron!!

Yeeeeaaauuuh!

***in the distance*** -Curses! Foiled Again!

Volant Gun
02-12-2010, 18:41
I'm really excited about Frank Luke's SPAD!! :D

I know the USAS did not participate until the very later part of the war, but there were many americans flying for other nations and I would like to see more of them as well.

As for the new SPAD paint job I can hardly wait to fly my own "Balloon Buster" on the table! If I can do as well as Frank Luke those balloons are toast!! :cool:

To miss quote that old western movie cliche about badges,
"Rockets! I don't need no stinking rockets"

;)

Volant Gun

sparty
02-12-2010, 18:46
Can't go wrong with The Treasure of Sierra Madre references!

Another cool thing about this deluxe edition will be the infusion of new players it'll likely bring.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm pretty weary of playing every wargame as a function of World War II and, in particular, the European Theater of WWII...

WWI is far more interesting politically because of the much richer set of circumstances and family ties throughout the Europe that preceded the conflict. Truly interesting stuff.

You can always tell the folks who "get" WWI from those who don't by asking them who started WWI. If you get a straight and definitive answer...you can pretty much discount anything they have to say after that point.

I have some seriously high hopes for the set.

Potenza
02-12-2010, 19:14
Nice I'll have to pick this up, hopefully this & Flight of Giants doesn't get delayed

sparty
02-12-2010, 20:48
It seemed, from Keith's interview, that everything was pretty much behind schedule given the date of the interview and the way product releases were mentioned...the question will be how far are they delayed. There's quite a bit of product between the DoW and WoW lines to get released!

Oberst Hajj
02-12-2010, 23:14
I would not expect the new Deluxe Edition to be subject to the same production delays. After all, the only thing new here is the paint being put on the miniatures and most likely the box cover art. I think the rule books would be the same as the down-loadable one on the sites.

I'm sure I'll pick this up for the new paint jobs and sell off the damage cards and such.

usmc1855
02-13-2010, 07:57
Col. Hajj,

PM sent regarding excess Damage Cards.

sparty
02-13-2010, 10:18
Yeah no kidding. I'm really pursuing an alternative to the damage decks because I'd prefer not having to track down extra decks to accommodate larger games. It's part of the reason I have both FA & WYB.

Ducalutra
06-11-2010, 02:17
Any updates on the release date?

Oberst Hajj
06-11-2010, 02:52
Nothing new so far.

Ducalutra
06-11-2010, 03:04
That's most annoying!
One good thing of being in the country the game comes from is that I get the updates sooner (as DoW Serie 2), but even here nobody know anything until the product is on the shelves!

IRM
06-11-2010, 06:07
I know the USAS did not participate until the very later part of the war, but there were many Americans flying for other nations and I would like to see more of them as well.

There is the Lufberry/Thenault Nieuport from Escadrille "Lafayette", and Dom's Decals do a sheet so you can have the entire squadron if you like (Lovell, Haviland, Thaw etc). You could also use this sheet for SPAD VIIs and XIIIs.

I think the rule books would be the same as the down-loadable one on the sites.

I'm not so sure, I think Andrea said they would include the ground interaction rules from Burning Drachens (I don't think they'll have the balloon rules however, with Balloon Busters being released), and I'd expect that those would also add the bombing rules he posted that only appeared in the non-English versions of the Deluxe Set.

Angiolillo
06-16-2010, 11:22
There is also a Lafayette Ni.16 (French Escadrille, US pilots) in one of the two Balloon Busters set.

The rulebook is the downloadable Miniatures one, plus scenarios and a few scenario rules (like bombing).

For those who wondered, the Red Baron's Dr.I is 127/17. That plane had several repaints during its life: it will be something close to this down there, but with all the underside pale blue (not red).

http://www.1800techgallery.com/files/image/catalogo/articulos/610_7060269704ba9758137080.jpg

flash
06-16-2010, 11:40
Beautiful work Andrea - will these repaints be available as seperate models as before or are they only available with the Deluxe set ?

Regards Dave

Angiolillo
06-16-2010, 12:04
Only in the Deluxe set. As for ww2, where the set has different paint schemes than Series 1.

flash
06-16-2010, 12:17
Thanks for clarifying that Andrea - Really looking forward to all the new releases!

Regards Dave

Rick57
06-16-2010, 15:53
There is the Lufberry/Thenault Nieuport from Escadrille "Lafayette", and Dom's Decals do a sheet so you can have the entire squadron if you like (Lovell, Haviland, Thaw etc). You could also use this sheet for SPAD VIIs and XIIIs.

Unfortunately, Dominic has been having printer problems and he told me he doesn't anticipate doing any WWI decals until August.:(

Ducalutra
06-17-2010, 03:52
Only in the Deluxe set. As for ww2, where the set has different paint schemes than Series 1.

Still, I have to protest: I myself own a Deluxe Set already (the very one you signed in Lucca:D).
Do I have to buy another one to get Dr.I 127/17?

Angiolillo
06-17-2010, 05:33
I am not in charge of commercial decisions. I considered to make a Series Ibis, the 4 repaints sold individually. But the decision of the publisher is different, sorry. I don't know if it will change sooner or later.

Strangely Brown
06-17-2010, 06:27
It's the pokemon syndrome all over again...

Ask yourself "Do I want them all?"*

*The answer's yes.

Angiolillo
06-17-2010, 06:32
If the answer is yes, buy the Deluxe... There are three more new minis inb it, and its cost is (at least in Italy) nearly the same of 4 minis sold indipendently, but you get more stuff. ;)

If it's no I am sorry but i can not help it.

WilliamBarkerVC
06-19-2010, 20:00
If the answer is yes, buy the Deluxe... There are three more new minis inb it, and its cost is (at least in Italy) nearly the same of 4 minis sold indipendently, but you get more stuff. ;)

Of course the answer is to buy the deluxe box! I am one of the lucky ones who has a complete set one, but I will still get more. And more. And more. I am dedicated to buying all the miniatures that come out for the game. I have an entire shelf in my hobby room just for Wings of War! The booster cards aren't much use to me as I like the minis, but every repaint, every deluxe edition - I just can't say no!

Gotta catch 'em all! ;)

bsmith13
06-30-2010, 17:20
Looking forward to this, as it will be nice to have all the rules in one place.

A Richthofen triplane will be nice too.

WilliamBarkerVC
06-30-2010, 20:18
As long as the pilot in Roy Brown's Camel is clearly Joseph Fiennes then I am in ;)

Willi Von Klugermann
07-01-2010, 09:33
Even though I just recently got the French deluxe set and 20 miniatures to complement it I will most certainly buy the new deluxe set when it becomes available. My addiction for the miniatures continues to grow. ;)

WilliamBarkerVC
07-01-2010, 11:31
Looking forward to this, as it will be nice to have all the rules in one place.

A Richthofen triplane will be nice too.

Especially another paintjob for a Richtofen. That alone makes the boxed set worth owning.

Willi Von Klugermann
07-01-2010, 12:49
Anyone have an idea of the release date ?

Rick57
07-01-2010, 17:40
I thought that I saw an August target mentioned.

Tomsk
07-19-2010, 08:23
I'm sure I read somwhere on this site....but can't for the life of me find it, that the new delux set would have English rules sets in all editions ?

Can anyone confirm if I did see this or am infact going mad ?

Also anyone know if this is also true of 'The flight of the giants' ?

I ask this as I've been ordering all of my stuff lately from Germany as alas even with shipping it's still cheaper than getting stuff in England :(

It did however feel a little ironic having to import a Red Baron from Germany !!!

Olt^Jones
07-19-2010, 08:55
I'm sure I read somwhere on this site....but can't for the life of me find it, that the new delux set would have English rules sets in all editions ?

Can anyone confirm if I did see this or am infact going mad ?

Hi, i answer to you quoting our Col. Keith:

I'm pretty sure it will this time... I think they learned their lesson with the first one and the WWII one has sold really well here in the US.

hope this will help you a little ;)

happy landing

Angiolillo
07-19-2010, 22:19
There will be an English dition. But each box has a single language on the rulebook (see the sticker on the lid). So German copies should have German only, British/US copies English only.
Only exception the Finnish+Swedish edition by Lautapelit.

ego
07-20-2010, 09:04
So let's all hope it will hit the shelf this summer.

Willi Von Klugermann
07-21-2010, 17:27
Can't wait to get my mitts on it. :D

Rick57
07-22-2010, 04:51
Me three!

Craftorian
07-23-2010, 19:34
Looks like a great way to finally get a Richthofen! When does it hit the stores in east TN?

Oberst Hajj
07-24-2010, 02:51
They say sometime in August. The Baron's red Dr.I will be coming out again as well... just not sure when they plan to do a reprint.

Willi Von Klugermann
07-25-2010, 19:21
That's not too far along:cool:

Gaz67
07-26-2010, 04:21
They say sometime in August

Did they mention which year :eek:

ego
07-26-2010, 05:29
They say sometime in August

Did they mention which year :eek:

Cynical, but not without reason....

Oberst Hajj
07-26-2010, 06:31
Haha, yes, this year. lol

Doug
07-28-2010, 04:59
I will have to play the devils advocate here. Personally I don't want to buy repaints of prior models, I want to see (and purchase) NEW (different) planes. So bring on Series 4 & 5!

Oberst Hajj
07-28-2010, 23:56
I'm all for new planes as well! But I will not pass up more minis in any form!

Flying Officer Kyte
07-29-2010, 00:32
I'm all for new planes as well! But I will not pass up more minis in any form!

I agree with the Col, however, I set myself a limit of one bag of Figures in comfort two years ago, when I started collecting. Room for 60 planes seemed a lot of space then. Now with only 24 spaces left and series 4 imminent, it does not seem like a lot of space left. So I have now got to be careful what I duplicate, until the Col brings out his storage system, when I am sure to revise my thinking.:eek:
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
07-29-2010, 02:09
Rob, you said you were limited to one bag... but never said you could not have more trays and just swap them out ;)

Flying Officer Kyte
07-29-2010, 06:18
Rob, you said you were limited to one bag... but never said you could not have more trays and just swap them out ;)

If your projected ones fit, that is exactly what I propose to do.:)
Rob.

Artack
08-08-2010, 16:29
I'm for repaints of popular models as in the New Deluxe Ed. (Never got a shot at the previous one, although I've got the full set of series I) I'd sure like to see a Lothar von Richthofen Dr 1.

Timothy Pray
08-08-2010, 22:29
I am really excited about the repaints too. If you paint personally, Lothar vonRichthoffen is really pretty easy to convert from the Arthur Rahn Dr.1 model. I think Dom has a good method for "Fokker finish" and the PollyS WWI colors have a really nice set of colors for any conversion from doped linen to german mauve. Really good stuff.

Khargor
08-23-2010, 07:48
I'm definitely going to get this boxed set and think that, with the Baron & Brown both being in it it'll really appeal to new players. I know I'll be running intro games for any new students at my school using this pair of adversaries - who could resist that, especially after I put on the dogfighting scene from the Red Baron DVD for them to watch? :)

Flying Officer Kyte
08-23-2010, 08:33
I'm definitely going to get this boxed set and think that, with the Baron & Brown both being in it it'll really appeal to new players. I know I'll be running intro games for any new students at my school using this pair of adversaries - who could resist that, especially after I put on the dogfighting scene from the Red Baron DVD for them to watch? :)

Hi Shaun.
It's a coincidence that you should post on this subject today, because I've just recieved an update from Keith Thomason of Heron games, to appraise me of the status of my pre order for series 4. In it he mentions that he has heard nothing at all about a release of the Deluxe set that I asked him also to pre
order for me. I guess it is another of these wait and see scenarios, if even the wholesalers that he deals with have no information yet.
Rob. :confused:

Willi Von Klugermann
08-23-2010, 11:44
This is most depressing :mad:

Khargor
08-23-2010, 15:42
I guess it is another of these wait and see scenarios, if even the wholesalers that he deals with have no information yet.

Bugger! Just going to have to make sure that I win that competition that the Col. is running :D

So lets see... my scenario is probably full of more holes than a teabag, my painting of the miniatures needed leaves a lot to be desired, and I haven't started my objective yet... hmmm - how much does a respectable bribe cost these days?!

Coog
08-23-2010, 17:02
I'm really excited about Frank Luke's SPAD!! :D
I know the USAS did not participate until the very later part of the war, but there were many americans flying for other nations and I would like to see more of them as well

When Bishop' SE5a is released you can easily do a repaint to get Elliott Springs' SE5a. He was placed in Bishop's No 85 Sqn while the US was still getting squadrons equipped and their support personnel trained. Just change the Z on the fuselage and wing of Bishop's plane to a X. The very small aircraft number on the tail section can be left as is (It is so small I don't think anyone would notice), painted over, or changed to the correct number if you are really good at doing repaints. With the standard British color scheme and simple markings, a wide variety of planes with American pilots, as well as other British pilots, can be produced with very little repainting.

Flying Officer Kyte
08-23-2010, 23:56
When Bishop' SE5a is released you can easily do a repaint to get Elliott Springs' SE5a. He was placed in Bishop's No 85 Sqn while the US was still getting squadrons equipped and their support personnel trained. Just change the Z on the fuselage and wing of Bishop's plane to a X. The very small aircraft number on the tail section can be left as is (It is so small I don't think anyone would notice), painted over, or changed to the correct number if you are really good at doing repaints. With the standard British color scheme and simple markings, a wide variety of planes with American pilots, as well as other British pilots, can be produced with very little repainting.

Quite agree Coog. That is why I pre ordered three of Bishop's planes. If everyone has the same notion, they are going to be very scarce indeed. I would get an order in before the run starts.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
08-24-2010, 08:25
And with my generic numbers and letters decals for the British planes, it should be easier then ever!

Flying Officer Kyte
08-24-2010, 10:03
And with my generic numbers and letters decals for the British planes, it should be easier then ever!

When will these be out Col?
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
08-24-2010, 13:41
I hope to have them in the store front around the 1st of Sept. I just approved the final prototype and it is just a matter of them getting printed up and shipped to me. The #9 Squadron needs another revision though. The color of the blue was way off and a few decals needed to be scaled down a millimeter or so.

I'm hoping to do a lot more of the design work my self on the next decal sets, that should speed up the process quite a lot.

LeBru
08-24-2010, 13:54
I'd like to find some decals for a repaint of Guynemer's Spad XIII. Any chance your numbers will include a large "2" ? The cigogne would be nice too ... :)

MayorJim
08-24-2010, 14:10
Yep, sorry to hear that the deluxe set is running late...too bad, since my wife and I were looking forward to a week of new planes to play with when we take vacation in early October. Checked with my local hobby shop and they had no update on when it might arrive.

Coog
08-24-2010, 19:34
I hope to have them in the store front around the 1st of Sept. I just approved the final prototype and it is just a matter of them getting printed up and shipped to me. The #9 Squadron needs another revision though. The color of the blue was way off and a few decals needed to be scaled down a millimeter or so.

I'm hoping to do a lot more of the design work my self on the next decal sets, that should speed up the process quite a lot.

I am really looking forward to seeing your decals. I have started two squadrons of repaints and my biggest hangup is finding numbers and letters of appropriate size.

Oberst Hajj
08-24-2010, 20:30
For questions and discussions about the decals, please see this thread (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1959).

Volant Gun
08-25-2010, 12:38
It looks like I'll have to buy another military transport bag. The one I have is the big bag and I have two spots left. I don't think my retirement check can handle much more of this. I may have to get a job! :eek:

Some people drink; some people smoke; I buy minis! :D

Have Fun,
Volant Gun.

AlgyLacey
09-13-2010, 04:10
FFG - We're STILL WAITING:mad:

Hako_Ikki
09-14-2010, 12:44
Nexus officially announces revised edition ... Great photos included!

http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3737

I hope it will come soon to Spain...

We read...

Coog
09-14-2010, 13:09
Nexus officially announces revised edition ... Great photos included!

http://www.nexusgames.com/read.asp?id=3737

I hope it will come soon to Spain...

We read...

Thanks for the update. Hope they literally mean "coming soon."

Flying Officer Kyte
09-14-2010, 13:20
Thanks for the update. Hope they literally mean "coming soon."
Soon is a very emotive word to those of us who expected series 4 for Christmas. (Last Chritmas) :(
Rob.

Hako_Ikki
09-14-2010, 13:38
Soon is a very emotive word to those of us who expected series 4 for Christmas. (Last Chritmas) :(
Rob.

Yes. We are still waiting for series 4... :(:(:(

I hope we get our (last) Christmas gift soon .... ;)

We read...

Artack
09-14-2010, 15:36
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=264

Oberst Hajj
09-14-2010, 17:28
It is showing on FFG's site, so it should be within the next 2-4 months.

Craftorian
09-14-2010, 18:14
Those look fantastic! Does anyone know how to order them? I did not see them on the website.

tuladin
09-14-2010, 18:19
It is showing on FFG's site, so it should be within the next 2-4 months.

Please give us a link. I can't find it.

LeBru
09-16-2010, 00:23
I also could not find the deluxe set on FFG's site.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not a reprint of the individual series 1 minis will come along with the new deluxe set? I also noticed that Richthofen's Dr.I is listed as "Not Available" (red) while the other unavailable planes from series 1 are listed as "not yet available" (orange) on the product page (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=24&esem=2&esum=65) (it also seems to be missing from the upcoming products list). Should I take that to mean anything? ... such as that the new deluxe one will have a different paint job and that it will replace the old mini should they release singles again? Or is that just a mistake on FFG's part?

Oberst Hajj
09-16-2010, 01:00
Sorry about that guys, it was the WWII deluxe set which I saw on the site as a reprint.

As for the Red Baron mini, not sure what to make of it. Andrea did say that he would expect the series 1 minis to come out again along with the new Deluxe set.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-16-2010, 02:05
I also could not find the deluxe set on FFG's site.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not a reprint of the individual series 1 minis will come along with the new deluxe set? I also noticed that Richthofen's Dr.I is listed as "Not Available" (red) while the other unavailable planes from series 1 are listed as "not yet available" (orange) on the product page (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=24&esem=2&esum=65) (it also seems to be missing from the upcoming products list). Should I take that to mean anything? ... such as that the new deluxe one will have a different paint job and that it will replace the old mini should they release singles again? Or is that just a mistake on FFG's part?
As I understand it, Richthofen's Dr.I is going to have the earlier red and brown paint job.
Rob

Oberst Hajj
09-16-2010, 03:20
Yes, the one in the Deluxe set is going to be the red and brown. I think he was questioning any reprints of the series 1 minis as the Baron seems to have been given a different description on the FFG site. I personally think it is just a difference made by the person that updated the site.

LeBru
09-16-2010, 10:53
Right ... what Col. Hajj said. It just seemed at least a weird coincidence that the only plane getting a new paint job was listed differently from the others that are out of stock and that I didn't see it on the upcoming products (reprint) list. I have noticed another of other anomalies on the site before so it could just be that. I would hope they'd give us a heads-up if a particular model were to go out of print.

Oberst Hajj
09-16-2010, 14:54
Actually, all four planes in the new Deluxe Set are getting new paint jobs.

LeBru
09-16-2010, 16:21
Yeah I guess I could've worded that more clearly. I meant that Richthofen's is the only one reappearing in the new deluxe set and that it also appears to have a new paint job (and could therefore potentially replace the original).

I consider the other three altogether new planes :)

Jäger
10-01-2010, 09:57
The new paint job for the Fokker looks great, I think the old totally-red is too classic, almost a cliché.

Flying Officer Kyte
10-01-2010, 10:52
The new paint job for the Fokker looks great, I think the old totally-red is too classic, almost a cliché.
It may be a cliche, but it's what pulls the punters in. You only need to look at the prices that they command on E-Bay to realise that. However, for the more discerning player, we can do a repaint job. After all if you are flying as the Red Baron, yuo don't want to be caught in the plane in which he was shot down.:(
That is why Albert Ball will continue to fly his Neiuport for me. There will be no SE5. repaint for him.:eek: Although on second thaughts, the Col. has not introduced a gimble mount that allows you to fly upside down, YET! So maybe ...........?:)
Rob.

Boney10
10-07-2010, 07:35
I could think of lots of reasons not to buy this set.
I already own the original, all of Series one, already repainted some of Series one to other planes as I bought double. Got all the sets so no cards needed damage or manouvre.
What is the benefit? Three new pilots..ooooh ok then put me down for one !!
Curse you Red Baron

DaveZee
10-07-2010, 08:29

Where can you see the new paint jobs?

Oberst Hajj
10-07-2010, 08:33
You can see Luke's SPAD in the first post and the new Red Baron in post # 44 on the first page.

DaveZee
10-07-2010, 08:47
You can see Luke's SPAD in the first post and the new Red Baron in post # 44 on the first page.

Thanks, Col.!

I want every one of those repaints... :eek:

When am I going to be able to get this in the States?

tuladin
10-07-2010, 08:48
There are also photos of all 4 minis here

http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=3737

Flying Officer Kyte
10-07-2010, 11:05

Great thanks. I have saved the page to send on to my group.:)
Rob.

Guntruck
10-07-2010, 11:08
Oooooh, Shiny!

A green and red triplane for the Baron.

gregbond77
10-07-2010, 15:04

Thanks for sharing that. That's a must have.

DaveZee
10-07-2010, 15:11

Wow, they look nice... :D

Thanks, tuladin!

csadn
10-07-2010, 22:51

Love the way they end-run recent "controversies" regarding who offed Richthofen.... ;)

Willi Von Klugermann
10-08-2010, 13:01
Like the pix. I have to get my grubby mitts on these.

Pope
10-13-2010, 00:52
Anyone have any idea when these are going to be on sale in the UK?

Jones the Dice and I were talking about the sets last night during our games and depending on when it will be available in the UK will determine what order and which other items we both purchase.

I think we're trying to get flash and have a procurement strategy for WoW (we both know it will fail, but at least we're giving it a try).

Cheers,

Aled

Dom S
10-13-2010, 03:23
Nary a whisper I'm afraid - beginning to wonder if the ship went too close to Somalia, as it's yet to make an appearance *anywhere* let alone here. (We're usually 2-4 weeks behind the Americans on new releases, so I'd certainly not expect it within the next month, and frankly at this stage longer wouldn't surprise me.... :( )

Pope
10-13-2010, 03:47
Nary a whisper I'm afraid - beginning to wonder if the ship went too close to Somalia, as it's yet to make an appearance *anywhere* let alone here. (We're usually 2-4 weeks behind the Americans on new releases, so I'd certainly not expect it within the next month, and frankly at this stage longer wouldn't surprise me.... :( )

Thanks Dom, at least it means I can get on with my plans for the 4th Sqn. Cheers Aled

Dom S
10-13-2010, 03:54
Best way of speeding it up - start another project, and let Murphy's Law do the rest.... :rolleyes:

Pope
10-13-2010, 04:22
Best way of speeding it up - start another project, and let Murphy's Law do the rest.... :rolleyes:

Following your advice the plans for the 4th Sqn are up and running and now rest in the hands of the Royal Mail. Cheers Aled

Flying Officer Kyte
10-13-2010, 04:32
A case of once bitten, eh Dom. Best not to get everyones hopes up only for them to be dashed again. Lets just hope it is not as long as the Series four took!
Rob.

Boney10
10-13-2010, 05:23
At Derby I enquired about the new set from Stafford games to be told "No idea when they will be available yet". Which says to me quite a while yet (sigh)

Pope
10-13-2010, 05:29
At Derby I enquired about the new set from Stafford games to be told "No idea when they will be available yet". Which says to me quite a while yet (sigh)

Chris,

Why not do what I did and follow Doms advice and start a new project. which should mean that following Murphy's Law the set will all of a sudden be released midway through the project.

Cheers, Aled

Flying Officer Kyte
10-13-2010, 06:06
Chris,

Why not do what I did and follow Doms advice and start a new project. which should mean that following Murphy's Law the set will all of a sudden be released midway through the project.

Cheers, Aled
I like the thinking Aled. That's the very reason I can't get started on my Gotha. Maybe I should make the effort to begin this week. If we all did this our joint aura might influence a butterfly in the Far East to get its blooming finger out.:rolleyes:
Rob.

Pope
10-13-2010, 06:55
And if the butterfly doesn't get its finger out we could use it as an excuse to start more projects and get even more planes. As we would have to give the theory a fair chance before we decided it didn't work.:)

I like the thinking Aled. That's the very reason I can't get started on my Gotha. Maybe I should make the effort to begin this week. If we all did this our joint aura might influence a butterfly in the Far East to get its blooming finger out.:rolleyes:
Rob.

john snelling
11-05-2010, 18:32

I like the planes that will be included in the set. I well buy the set as soon as it comes out. I am encouraging my friends to buy a set also. Great deal, great planes, and a great set a rules.

Captain Knowitall
11-05-2010, 20:08
Still have not seen hide nor hair of the Deluxe set here in the U.S. (well with the exception of Kilted Wolf, who seems to have everything WoW these days.)

tuladin
11-05-2010, 20:26
Still have not seen hide nor hair of the Deluxe set here in the U.S. (well with the exception of Kilted Wolf, who seems to have everything WoW these days.)

Fantasy Flight Games has listed it as "on the boat" - which puts it about 5 to 7 weeks away.

Cool Stuff is offering it for preorder at a great price.

We haven't seen hide nor hair, but at least we can see its tracks. :):):)

AlgyLacey
11-17-2010, 08:11
FFG has them as ship[ping now!

Oo oo oo oo oo!:D

Kahlerclan
11-18-2010, 15:47
Tabletop Gaming News says the WWI Deluxe 2 will be released from Fantasy Flight Games on 23 November 2010 --- Huzzah!!

WilliamBarkerVC
11-18-2010, 16:32
Put in a request with my local retailer today for my copy. He's going to call FFG on Monday - he orders direct from them. Will advise...

Flying Officer Kyte
11-18-2010, 23:45
This is good news Oliver. It is always good to get some firm info about the release dates. Puts everyones mind at rest.
Rob.

The Cowman
11-18-2010, 23:48
Tabletop Gaming News says the WWI Deluxe 2 will be released from Fantasy Flight Games on 23 November 2010 --- Huzzah!!

Outfreakinstanding! :D

Flying Officer Kyte
11-18-2010, 23:49
Put in a request with my local retailer today for my copy. He's going to call FFG on Monday - he orders direct from them. Will advise...
Thanks for that Grant. I will be very interesyed to compare the release dates in different areas.
Rob.

MayorJim
11-19-2010, 17:39
I've got mine on pre-order with my "local"...hoping Santa will deliver before Christmas.

tuladin
11-20-2010, 11:22
Alliance Games Distributors (U.S.) just put a street date of 11/23 on it.

Flying Officer Kyte
11-20-2010, 12:11
Alliance Games Distributors (U.S.) just put a street date of 11/23 on it.
Looks like that is pretty conclusive then. Three dates all the same, and still no word about it on this side of the pond. Even Amazon are not making promises they can't keep this time round.
Rob.

RichardD
11-22-2010, 02:21
I'm feeling quite special that I've had my copy for a month now.

Boney10
11-22-2010, 02:32
Richard, a month? How did you manage that and where from? Is it the revised Deluxe Edition you are talking about or the original ?

RichardD
11-22-2010, 02:49
Yup. I bought it on Friday the 22nd of October (for unconnected reasons, I have a record of exactly when).

I was at the big German board games event, Spiel, in Essen, Germany. The publisher was demonstrating Wings of War there, and must have air-freighted some early production copies straight over from the factory. They also had *all* the planes - including Series 4 - available, but I saw them ticking numbers off each time anyone bought something, so I guess supplies were very limited.

I was feeling pretty miserable that Friday. As well as feeling under the weather, I'd not been enthused by *any* new game that I looked at or played. I'd set myself the limit of buying just 5 or 6 new games that weekend, and I was struggling to find even *one* that I actually wanted to buy after playing it (there were plenty of games that *looked* tempting, but nothing I played was any good). I only sat down at the Wings of War demo table because there were a couple of spare seats and I wanted to sit down. The two people I was wandering around with hadn't played the game before, so I gave them a quick run-down, insisted that the German chap who was already sitting at the table stayed to play the game with us, and we had a little 2v2 furrball.

We all enjoyed the game so much, we each bought a copy of the revised Deluxe set - them, because they wanted to play it again when they got home; me, because I liked the new paint jobs and wanted more damage cards (I had the two original starter sets, so that was one A deck and one B - but that's not really enough for games of more than about 6 planes; the deluxe set includes a B and a double-sized A). Oh, and I was also panicking that I'd end up going home with fewer than 5 games.

So there are at least 3 copies of the revised Deluxe Set in the UK already :)

Boney10
11-22-2010, 07:28
Ahh got you, nice one I am quite jealous
hmm is Birmingham too far for a night trench raid I wonder :)

Boney10
11-22-2010, 07:46
Just received this from Shire Games in the Uk ref my question about the revised deluxe set

Shire Games to me

Hi Chris,
Yes - Finally seems to be released.
I have some on their way (either tail end of this week or start of next)
Cheers,

Nick

flash
11-22-2010, 07:49
Ahh got you, nice one I am quite jealous
hmm is Birmingham too far for a night trench raid I wonder :)

Not if I drop you off from the Harry Tate mate... go halves !! :D

RichardD
11-22-2010, 08:17
We will defend our planes to our last breath! Especially the new Fokker triplane.

Boney10
11-22-2010, 13:00
That decides it, Flash synchronise watches, ill supply the cam cream, we raid !!!!! 2 each eh

Burt
11-22-2010, 15:07
What sort of price do these go for in the UK.
I've never seen one in the shops.
Don

The Cowman
11-22-2010, 15:34
I'm so excited! And I just can't hide it!! :D:eek::D

My copy of the original Deluxe Box set just arrived from Canada today! Top that with a phone call to my FLGS owner, who promised me he would put my order for the Revised Deluxe set in first thing tomorrow!! Wooooot!

RichardD
11-22-2010, 15:44
The original Deluxe Set was never officially available in the UK (except if you went to the trouble of getting it as a special import; some retailers might have done this).

The WW2 Deluxe Set is £55 in my local games shop, so I'd expect shop prices on the new WW1 set to be much the same. Of course, it can be had cheaper online. I paid €40 for it in Essen.

Wodin
11-23-2010, 06:35
Just received this from Shire Games in the Uk ref my question about the revised deluxe set

Shire Games to me

Hi Chris,
Yes - Finally seems to be released.
I have some on their way (either tail end of this week or start of next)
Cheers,

Nick

Thanks for the tip....

Flying Officer Kyte
11-23-2010, 08:44
That is good news. It will put all our minds at rest. Go Santa, go :cool: Its a cool yule man.
Rob.

RonaldRS
11-24-2010, 06:39
that is a nice pic. of the red baron dr.1 plane if you did not do it yet do it. nice rely nice!!!

tuladin
11-24-2010, 15:01
Just got back from my LGS. WoW Revised Deluxe was in so I picked mine up. Paint jobs are beautiful!

Jager
11-25-2010, 05:29
Just got back from my LGS. WoW Revised Deluxe was in so I picked mine up. Paint jobs are beautiful!

Who does your LGS order from? Mine hasn't gotten my order in yet (UPS skipped him yesterday, and they are off until Monday) and FFG is still listing it as "coming soon".

tuladin
11-25-2010, 07:10
Who does your LGS order from? Mine hasn't gotten my order in yet (UPS skipped him yesterday, and they are off until Monday) and FFG is still listing it as "coming soon".

They got it from Alliance Midwest - from Ft. Wayne Indiana to Toledo is 1 day shipping by UPS.

Fleabane
11-25-2010, 09:12
Hi Guys - the UK distributor we use still doesn't have them listed so think they may have been delayed :(

usmc1855
11-25-2010, 09:41
Nothing on the Coolstuff website yet. It's still listed there as available as 'pre-order'.

I did pre-order... and I'm anxiously waiting....

Wodin
11-25-2010, 10:50
Hi Guys - the UK distributor we use still doesn't have them listed so think they may have been delayed :(

Oh flaming onions......

I hope it actually gets released here....

Flying Officer Kyte
11-25-2010, 12:21
Oh flaming onions......

I hope it actually gets released here....
We are informed that they will be released in Blighty.:)
Rob.

tonyc206
11-25-2010, 12:58
We are informed that they will be released in Blighty.:)
Rob.

.....and father christmas is real, they said.......

Flying Officer Kyte
11-25-2010, 13:01
.....and father christmas is real, they said.......
He must be . He's got his own plane card.:D
Rob.
P.S. I didn't say which Christmas.:eek:

tonyc206
11-25-2010, 13:14
He must be . He's got his own plane card.:D
Rob.

LOL - OK I believe it now.

Only question is whether the Raindeer are considerted 'engine' damage or 'crew hit'?

Flying Officer Kyte
11-25-2010, 15:14

Only question is whether the Raindeer are considerted 'engine' damage or 'crew hit'?
You will just have to check that in the rules when the New Revised Deluxe Edition hits the shelves.:D
Rob.

Jager
11-25-2010, 15:38
They got it from Alliance Midwest - from Ft. Wayne Indiana to Toledo is 1 day shipping by UPS.

I think he gets from the same, so hopefully Monday will be Der Tag:D:D

MayorJim
11-25-2010, 16:29
Karl,
Nice to see some Ohio flyers from the Northeast part of the state. I thought that the Cleveland-Akron-Youngstown-Painesville quadrant was undefended until now:eek:

WilliamBarkerVC
11-26-2010, 10:25
OK so a quick update!

My local shop has confirmed my copy has shipped and will be here for end of next week or early the next!

Huzzah!

Mike White
11-27-2010, 22:31

A special rule lets you use Rudolf's red nose to tail opponents even in poor visibility!!

Jager
11-28-2010, 12:58
I think he gets from the same, so hopefully Monday will be Der Tag:D:D

Called my LGS since I got a UPS delivery at my store yesterday (turns out it was an "urgent"). He checked his page with Alliance, and my pre-order was ERASED!!!:eek:
He's going to call first thing Monday, and get a re-order in; hope there are still enough left. (Just what happened with the series 4 plane order:mad:)
Karl

tuladin
11-28-2010, 13:01
Called my LGS since I got a UPS delivery at my store yesterday (turns out it was an "urgent"). He checked his page with Alliance, and my pre-order was ERASED!!!:eek:
He's going to call first thing Monday, and get a re-order in; hope there are still enough left. (Just what happened with the series 4 plane order:mad:)
Karl

Alliance's website shows it in stock at all four locations. :):):)

MayorJim
11-28-2010, 14:48
I expect mine this week sometime. I believe deliveries are on Thursday. Got my version 1 from Canada for about $70 US. included shipping. I think the deluxe sets are a great value!

Wodin
11-28-2010, 15:17
Starting to do my head in seeing all you across the pond getting it and we can't even pre order yet...

Boney10
11-30-2010, 10:21
For Uk
Just ordered the Revised edition from Shire Games £37 :)

Wodin
11-30-2010, 10:45
I'm there!!

Wodin
11-30-2010, 11:43
Just phoned my dad to order it me for Xmas....then I notice it has German rules!!!

Why?? It has been released with english rules so why get in the german game...very annoyed as it's pointless buying it...I don't have a printer...also it says the rules are at fantasy Flight...so are they the new deluxe edition rules? If not whats the point.

Anyway I was to late to stop my dad so I will be getting a worthless game...

Wodin
11-30-2010, 11:53
Can't find the deluxe rules in english....well I will keep it until it becomes rare then sell it I think....

This has put me off WoW to be honest I don't feel like spending more money on it £40 is alot of money to spend on a game you can't play and have to buy three sets to get the contents of the deluxe version that you bought but it was in german...

Damn I wish I hadn't got so excited and phoned my Mum straight away for my dad to order it me...

The Cowman
11-30-2010, 11:56
Just phoned my dad to order it me for Xmas....then I notice it has German rules!!!

Why?? It has been released with english rules so why get in the german game...very annoyed as it's pointless buying it...I don't have a printer...also it says the rules are at fantasy Flight...so are they the new deluxe edition rules? If not whats the point.

If the new Deluxe rules are available online, I would be happy to print them off and mail them to you... I will check!

Flying Officer Kyte
11-30-2010, 11:58
As I though no there isn't a revised deluxe manual to download just the seperate manuals for FA and BD....well I will keep it until it becomes rare then sell it I think....

This has put me off WoW to be honest I don't feel like spending more money on it £40 is alot of money to spend on a game you can't play and have to buy three sets to get the contents of the deluxe version that you bought but it was in german...

Damn I wish I hadn't got so excited and phoned my Mum straight away for my dad to order it me...
You should be able to cancel the order. Any reputable firm will accept your reason. If not site not fit for purpose. That usually gets them.
Rob.

Wodin
11-30-2010, 12:02
They did stock the old edition in German rules so maybe they are presuming the new edition has aswell or they just changed the pic and added revised edition to the advert of the old deluxe edition.

Really don't want to mess my dad about to be honest...so I will just make the most of a bad job. It has the planes and cards...I will have to download the rules on my memory stick and find a good printers as I want the glossy paper and all! Not sure what rules I should download though as I hear the deluxe edition has all the rules in it.

@The Cowman...whoops missed your post...thanks for the offer! I couldn't find the deluxe rules in English....however if you come across them I will be eternally grateful!

Boney10
11-30-2010, 12:31
Hi Jason, I got a copy of the English rules.
As for the cards etc in the deluxe they are no different than from the box sets

Boney10
11-30-2010, 12:35
Jason sent you a link

tuladin
11-30-2010, 12:38
You can download the first deluxe rulebook from this site here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=215

It seems identical to the new one, except the altitude chart, which has more planes on it now. You can get the modern, complete altitude chart from the Flight of the Giants rules, which can be downloaded here (you have to register first):

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=24&esem=4

I'm sure they will have the new rules in the coming weeks.

Boney10
11-30-2010, 12:44
Hi all, if my post about the revised edition has misled anyone my apologies. I was only concerned about the new paint jobs. The rules I know I can download and print off. But again I did not intend to mislead anyone as to the English rules availability. I have already contacted Wodin ref this as I do have a Printer .

RichardD
11-30-2010, 12:45
Hi Jason, I got a copy of the English rules.
As for the cards etc in the deluxe they are no different than from the box sets

The Deluxe set has a double-sized A damage deck. Or at least the A-deck in my Deluxe set was twice as thick as the one that came in my Famous Aces box set.

Wodin
11-30-2010, 14:03
@Boney...thanks for the offer I've PM'd you back.

No need to apologise..the price of the game was very cheap so no worries.

Wodin
11-30-2010, 14:15
I notice there are no scenarios in the rulebook....

Boney10
11-30-2010, 14:47
No the scens are the same as in the box sets, all the deluxe version gave you was the rules for minis.
The scens can be downloaded from same website
as already sent

MayorJim
11-30-2010, 15:58

Um...don't think the rules have really changed any?? Might have a "tweak" here or there...the 1st edition rules (mine are in French) aren't any different from any others that you can download...still think it's a great value, in any language :)

tuladin
11-30-2010, 16:14
No the scens are the same as in the box sets, all the deluxe version gave you was the rules for minis.
The scens can be downloaded from same website
as already sent

The scenarios can also be downloaded from the files section of this site, here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=214

The original Deluxe Set scenarios from that file are the same as those in the Revised Deluxe Set.

Wodin
11-30-2010, 16:51
I've calmed down now...no worries...got abit over excited...hehe...anyway once it comes now I need some of those smoke and flames aswell as the gimble mounts...followed by a few more planes....is the Airco DH 2 available in mini's? Love to fight it out between an DH 2 or a Vickers Gunbus against an EIII....recreate some fights from one of my favourite book trilogies by Derek Robinson...

Anyway thanks for the offers of printing...Boney lives the closest so I will take his offer if needed.

Canuck
11-30-2010, 17:00
I did encounter a bit a of a difficulty regarding rules. The original deluxe boxed set I purchased has rules in French - not a problem yet as the guy I was playing with was French and I too speak it. I then downloaded the rules in English from the files section here. When another friend came over to play he referred to the rules in English. At one point each of them was referencing their copy of the rules, but the rules differed in what they said. :eek: Funny now, but a puzzle as to what to do then! I cannot remember the rules dispute or the outcome.

Point being: be sure you agree on which version of the rules you will be using in group play or in a competitive environment or at a tourney. When you solo it you can cheat yourself blind, as long as the other guy agrees. :rolleyes:

chimpchoker
12-01-2010, 03:02
I ordered two from Shire Games - them saw that they were german language...duh:o

Still it not a major problem, and I suspct Ive saved a bit of money as well

Wodin
12-01-2010, 04:41
^snap

Boney10
12-01-2010, 04:46
I've calmed down now...no worries...got abit over excited...hehe...anyway once it comes now I need some of those smoke and flames aswell as the gimble mounts...followed by a few more planes....is the Airco DH 2 available in mini's? Love to fight it out between an DH 2 or a Vickers Gunbus against an EIII....recreate some fights from one of my favourite book trilogies by Derek Robinson...

Anyway thanks for the offers of printing...Boney lives the closest so I will take his offer if needed.

No official minis yet for the EIII or DH2 those are available as cards in the addon Immelmann.
you can of course get these minis from Skytrex at £5 each

Attila57
12-01-2010, 05:27
Purchased in Rome just arrived less than an hour ago!

Attilio

Flying Officer Kyte
12-01-2010, 06:39
Purchased in Rome just arrived less than an hour ago!

Attilio
Good there is hope for us in G.B. yet then. I won't put it on my Christmas list, but maybe for my birthday in March.:rolleyes: :D
Rob.

Wodin
12-01-2010, 06:45
No official minis yet for the EIII or DH2 those are available as cards in the addon Immelmann.
you can of course get these minis from Skytrex at £5 each

Thanks for the tip...will buy the Immelmann cards and check out Skytrex...what other add ons do you suggest?

Also are the Skytrex planes painted?

Flying Officer Kyte
12-01-2010, 07:00
Also are the Skytrex planes painted?
No. They are white metal kits that you build and paint yourself. If you have no experience with this, start with a simple one and work up. There are plenty of people on the drome who will talk you through it.
Rob.

Wodin
12-01-2010, 07:18
It's a shame the Wings of War planes are made with no pilot in them....for immersive reasons....

Thanks Kyte...I like the look of the planes...even over the WoW ones for some reason...the heath robinson looks seems appropriate...also they have pilots..

Boney10
12-01-2010, 07:40
This is a personal thing but I suppose it depends which way you want to collect, with the deluxe you will have enough cards and markers to play a lot of games, you can buy more official minis which all come with their own manouvre decks and a plane card. If you want more different makes & manouvre decks then box sets and addons, look in resources there is a link to a sheet which shows the contents, if not PM me I got a list.
If you want to make squadrons then cheapest way would be say one official ( for colour schemes) rest alternate makes, but note most other kit form come unpainted, ie skytrex.
If you want a plane for each card then youll need the card sets as a template.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-01-2010, 07:51
[QUOTE=Wodin;37852]It's a shame the Wings of War planes are made with no pilot in themQUOTE]
Have you seen the WoW series two onward. They have blobs perporting to be pilots. I much prefer series one with empty cockpits. You can get aircrew from Peter Pig and add your own pilots and air gunners.
Rob.

skystalker
12-01-2010, 08:54
Received the RDS yesterday and agree that the paint jobs are great; however, the quality control (or packaging) is not as good. The set I received had rudder and elevators for Brown floating around in the box, and Baumer's plane had a simialr situation plus a broken prop! That having been said, the repairs are done and the planes are ready to fly. This also would be a great set for any beginner, as all the basic rules and scenarios are there, along with four great planes to get familiar with the game.

Ed2
12-01-2010, 09:34
Talked to Cool Stuff today and they are shipping the WWI special set preorders this week.

MayorJim
12-01-2010, 09:59
My local game store called me at 9:00am today to say that my Deluxe Ed. WoW was not in...but is expected next week. I pre-ordered it back in June or July. I thought it was pretty fantastic to hear an update from them without prodding from me :)

Wodin
12-01-2010, 13:56
Received the RDS yesterday and agree that the paint jobs are great; however, the quality control (or packaging) is not as good. The set I received had rudder and elevators for Brown floating around in the box, and Baumer's plane had a simialr situation plus a broken prop! That having been said, the repairs are done and the planes are ready to fly. This also would be a great set for any beginner, as all the basic rules and scenarios are there, along with four great planes to get familiar with the game.

Doesn't sound to good....

Wodin
12-01-2010, 13:57
[QUOTE=Wodin;37852]It's a shame the Wings of War planes are made with no pilot in themQUOTE]
Have you seen the WoW series two onward. They have blobs perporting to be pilots. I much prefer series one with empty cockpits. You can get aircrew from Peter Pig and add your own pilots and air gunners.
Rob.

Oh....thats a shame especially if you could buy the pilots somewhere else...I will check out Peter Pig....

Just looked and I can't find any pilots on the Peter Pig website.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-01-2010, 14:25
[QUOTE=Flying Officer Kyte;37855]

Oh....thats a shame especially if you could buy the pilots somewhere else...I will check out Peter Pig....

Just looked and I can't find any pilots on the Peter Pig website.
Look at N0 6 Heads and Odds.
Rob.

Wodin
12-01-2010, 14:51
Thanks mate...found them....I always though the WoW minis were the same size as the Corgi 1\48 aircraft just made from plastic instead of metal!!

Whats the difference between the Battle Quest and the FFG mini's?

Wodin
12-01-2010, 15:05
Just noticed the Airco and EIII are the next mini's to be released...I shall be buying them ASAP.

Now wait for the Vickers Gunbus....

Canuck
12-02-2010, 02:34
Just got notice from Cool Stuff Inc that they have shipped my Revised Deluxe Edition. If you preordered one check your email as you may have a notice as well. If you've been holding off, you can order now that it is shipping.

Wodin
12-03-2010, 05:04
WooHoo...game arrived today...all in great condition...but does have German rules...19 page rulebook looks great if I could read it....seems to have more in it than the one you can download though. Love the planes...first time I've seen WoW mini's...Funny thing is there is a flyer in the box in english....anyway for £37.99 can't complain.

Willi Von Klugermann
12-03-2010, 05:47
Just got notice from Cool Stuff Inc that they have shipped my Revised Deluxe Edition. If you preordered one check your email as you may have a notice as well. If you've been holding off, you can order now that it is shipping.

Just ordered mine from Coolstuff yesterday. They have about 15 in stock.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-03-2010, 06:15
Glad to hear that it came up to expectation. It would have been a shame to put you off what is a great game.:)
Rob.

IRM
12-03-2010, 09:03
WooHoo...game arrived today...all in great condition...but does have German rules...19 page rulebook looks great if I could read it....seems to have more in it than the one you can download though. Love the planes...first time I've seen WoW mini's...Funny thing is there is a flyer in the box in english....anyway for £37.99 can't complain.

I'm betting you downloaded the basic rules (the rules from Famous Aces). You can get the English version of the Deluxe Set rules here:http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=215

Wodin
12-03-2010, 09:45
Are the old deluxe rules exactly the same as the new ones? I thought more had been added...

The german rules have 19 pages...the ones you mentioned only have 11....

Wodin
12-03-2010, 09:54
Now I have the deluxe edition is there anything I DONT need to buy as it comes in the deluxe? Also What would you say to buy next....I'm ordering the Immelmann pack as I love the Airco and EIII...wouldn't mind the SE5a and the Alb D111 and a couple of Bombers the allied one being the RE8...so with that in mind what do I need to buy?

By the way Kyte...no little pilot blobs in the planes in the Deluxe version.

skystalker
12-03-2010, 11:13
Are the old deluxe rules exactly the same as the new ones? I thought more had been added...

The german rules have 19 pages...the ones you mentioned only have 11....

The rulebook in the new RDS is different from what is online as referenced in this thread in the following ways: 1) the altitude table includes all planes now marketed (but the brochure in the box has one with larger print that you can actually read!:)); 2) 4 basic and 3 advanced scenarios are appended, but I believe that all 7 have appeared in other rulebooks of previous sets so nothing new there.

tuladin
12-03-2010, 11:30
The rulebook in the new RDS is different from what is online as referenced in this thread in the following ways: 1) the altitude table includes all planes now marketed (but the brochure in the box has one with larger print that you can actually read!:)); 2) 4 basic and 3 advanced scenarios are appended, but I believe that all 7 have appeared in other rulebooks of previous sets so nothing new there.

Also the cover of the new rulebook has the painting of von Richthofen blasting away at Roy Brown???

The scenarios in RDS are the ones from the original deluxe set, which can be downloaded from this site here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=214

I already mentioned this in post #192 of this thread, but that was a long time ago. :):):)

Flying Officer Kyte
12-03-2010, 11:31
By the way Kyte...no little pilot blobs in the planes in the Deluxe version.
Yes. I expected that as the first series did not have any pilots. It was only the later series that did. Dogfight booster has a lot of SE5 cards in it.
Rob.

IRM
12-03-2010, 11:41
Don't know if they're exactly the same, haven't seen them, but they do add other stuff not in the basic rulebook (altitude rules for a start). Do the new ones come with scenarios ?, that's the only change I can think of that might add so many extra pages. Either that or the German language uses lots of really long words :)

You don't really need anything else to play dogfight-type games, but you'd need other sets to play other types of scenario. You can download the Flight of the Giants rulebook from FFG to get the full bombing rules, but to play balloon-busting missions you'd need to get either the Burning Drachens or Balloon Busters set. Both do much the same thing. Balloon Busters comes with a balloon mini and a rocket-armed Nieuport, but doesn't have all the rules included in Burning Drachens (but equally doesn't require them).

Any official WoW models come with everything you need to add them to your games.

MayorJim
12-03-2010, 13:41
Well, mine came in today...I pick them up tomorrow :)

Boney10
12-03-2010, 13:46
Mine also arrived today , the Rules as Wotan mentioned are in German, but not a problem. The Flyer he mentioned in English shows all 4 series models and has the updated Altitude chart on the back.
The models are lovely, however in my case the new DR1 was in two pieces,nothing broken but bottom of plane was unstuck from fuselage & upper two sets of wings. Have glued and now away till xmas, my lads are very thoughtful getting Dad something nice for Xmas eh, I will of course be very surprised on 25 Dec ( evil snicker, honest Guv )

Wodin
12-03-2010, 17:07
My minis are fine but it seems a few are finding theirs broken

Wodin
12-03-2010, 17:11
Yes. I expected that as the first series did not have any pilots. It was only the later series that did. Dogfight booster has a lot of SE5 cards in it.
Rob.

Do mini's come with cards? If so I might aswell buy the minis...but I want the immelmann pack as I love the DH2 and EIII...or am I best just waiting for the minis to be made next series?

Also which box set would you buy next?

@IRM thanks for the advice...yes it appears that scenarios are in the rulebook so it must be them...

tuladin
12-03-2010, 17:39
For the sake of any English speakers who got rules in a different language, here's a comparison between the new Revised Deluxe Set rules and the Original Deluxe Set rules that you can download from this site as mentioned in earlier posts.

Cover - different art

Page 2 - RDS an ad for the WoW line / ODS blank
Page 3 - RDS illustration of game components / ODS blank
Pages 4-10 - identical
Pages 11-13 - identical except RDS has up-to-date altitude chart
Pages 14-15 - RDS Scenario Rules the same as pages 5-7 of the Compiled Scenarios I linked to above.
Pages 16-19 - RDS Scenarios the same as pages 11-18 of the compiled scenarios.

The scenarios are not the same word-for-word, for example the compiled scenarios' Attack Behind the Lines is Attack Behind the Trenches in RDS, but they are almost identical. It's just two different translations - the meaning stays the same.

Hope that helps.

Wodin
12-03-2010, 18:32
@tuladin....thank you for the info...

Jager
12-05-2010, 04:17
YES! The FLGS came through. And gave me a discount since it was such a big order:D. Now I just need to make the work area, and get some air time in.
Karl

Jäger
12-06-2010, 07:13
My set from CoolStuff should arrive this week. And now I have Rise of Flight too, so I really have something to do during Christmas holiday. ^^

usmc1855
12-06-2010, 15:50
Mine was delivered late Friday Afternoon! The re-paints are exceptional. They really do look good!. The double Damage decks are also greatly welcomed.

Willi Von Klugermann
12-08-2010, 12:29
Got mine yesterday. Love the planes. Great stuff.

Jäger
12-09-2010, 00:00
Same here, yesterday was a good day. They are so nice.

Torpedo
12-09-2010, 01:50
Picked mine up from my FLGS on Wednesday December 8th. Now I hand it over to be wrapped and wait to feign surprise on Christmas morning.

Canuck
12-09-2010, 08:39
Same here, yesterday was a good day. They are so nice.

OK now that's just ridiclous! I preorderd mine shortly after CollStuff posted them. To think that CoolStuff was able to ship to Finland (that is where Jager said he order his form earlier in this thread) before they could get one to shipped to Canada (Toronto is the size of Chicago) is baffling! [shakes head with befuddled facial expression] Ah well, maybe air Finland will deliver mine! lol [cheers up as doorbell rings, ... - not really but one can always hope]

Willi Von Klugermann
12-09-2010, 12:57
Now I have just have to wait until the out of stock planes are re-issued.

MayorJim
12-09-2010, 13:07

Umm...why is it that folks in the UK can't get rules in English? Seems just very strange to me :confused::confused:

filtonflyer
12-09-2010, 13:14
Picked mine up from the post office and have managed to smuggle it past my accounts manager.;) Great looking set well worth the money.:)

Boney10
12-10-2010, 05:07
Do mini's come with cards? If so I might aswell buy the minis...but I want the immelmann pack as I love the DH2 and EIII...or am I best just waiting for the minis to be made next series?

Also which box set would you buy next?

@IRM thanks for the advice...yes it appears that scenarios are in the rulebook so it must be them...

Jason, yes all mini come with the relavent aero[plane card , base, flight pegs & the correct manouvre deck.
My advice would be to get Fameous Aces box set, this gives you the best base set, save up for Watch your back as this has a B Damage deck.
The Immelmann pack will give you the early planes you are after as well as the man decks, see the files one lists all the contents, if not pm me I got a list

Oberst Hajj
12-10-2010, 05:15
Umm...why is it that folks in the UK can't get rules in English? Seems just very strange to me :confused::confused:

We only think Germany lost the Wars! lol

Jason, yes all mini come with the relavent aero[plane card , base, flight pegs & the correct manouvre deck.
My advice would be to get Fameous Aces box set, this gives you the best base set, save up for Watch your back as this has a B Damage deck.
The Immelmann pack will give you the early planes you are after as well as the man decks, see the files one lists all the contents, if not pm me I got a list

I would suggest Flight of Giants instead of WYB if you are after the B deck. If you are only playing with minis, everything else in WYB is pretty much wasted.

Boney10
12-10-2010, 07:06
Sound one Col, forgot about FotG

DaveZee
12-10-2010, 07:37
Have my set on hold to get Sunday right before my demo kicks off. Can't wait! :)

Polluxx66
12-11-2010, 11:06
Got mine last night. Minis look fantastic

Mike White
12-11-2010, 22:37
Oh dash it all chaps. This is bally well not fair!! They all have these "over there" but what about the chaps over here?

Flying Officer Kyte
12-11-2010, 23:56
Oh dash it all chaps. This is bally well not fair!! They all have these "over there" but what about the chaps over here?
See The British player group forum for Stop Press on this Mike.
To any British pilots out there who have not joined this esteemed group DO IT NOW, or miss out.:D
Rob.

Mike White
12-12-2010, 01:28
See The British player group forum for Stop Press on this Mike.
To any British pilots out there who have not joined this esteemed group DO IT NOW, or miss out.:D
Rob.

I must be more than normally dense today. I can't find this. can you give a poor pilot some good visual references to find the target?

Burt
12-12-2010, 01:44
I must be more than normally dense today. I can't find this. can you give a poor pilot some good visual references to find the target?

Mike you go to the locate players top right then look for the British section and click join.
I think.:confused:
Don

Flying Officer Kyte
12-12-2010, 02:08
Top post Mike. Amazon U.K. and WoW.
Rob.

Naharaht
12-12-2010, 12:15
Amazon U.K. are forecasting the middle of February for the de-luxe boxset. Why does Britain always seem to be last to receive anything new?