PDA

View Full Version : South England New pilot reporting to the flight deck.

WizardsWarlords
03-31-2012, 16:18
Hi all,

Andrew here, like fellow member Green Goblin (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/member.php?3670-Green-Goblin) I fly for the Wizards & Warlords Gaming Club (http://www.wizardsandwarlords.co.uk) based in the Truro area of Cornwall, England.
Among the many games that we play in the club, I've grown very fond of some air action with the Ace of Aces, Rene Paul Fonck (http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/france/fonck.php), and his trusty SPAD XIII. I was actually given the plane as a Birthday present from the rest of the committee at the club and true to Capitaine Fonck's outstanding record have been very successful in taking down targets... if I remember correctly, I've only been shot down twice with my SPAD XIII so far (saying that, I'm likely to be shot down endlessly now).

Hopefully along with Dave (aka Green Goblin on the forums), we'll be able to network with more like-minded pilots in the South/South West region and possibly arrange some dogfights at the club or the regional shows.
Speaking of shows! If anyone is thinking of heading over to Exeter in May for the Legionary show, we'll be up there putting on a 6' x 4' participation game on Wings of Glory for anyone and everyone to enjoy.

With Capitaine Fonck being my first pilot in my collection, I think the next step for me will be to start collecting the rest of the French WW1 forces to build a solid flight division.
After that I guess the sky is the limit (pun not intended) - I may even think about getting a couple of flight lessons and try a spot of real piloting for a new adventure.

Well I'll save you from any further ramblings and just leave my reporting for duty post at that. :)
Hope to get to know you all well.

Andrew P.
Wizards & Warlords Club Secretary
SPAD XIII Pilot - Pilot: RP Fonck

Coog
03-31-2012, 17:00
Hi Andrew! Welcome to the Aerodrome from Texas.

Dwarflord22
03-31-2012, 18:07
Welcome to the Aerodrome from the Texas!! :thumbsup:

Flying Officer Kyte
03-31-2012, 23:29
On behalf of the rest of the pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Andrew.
I'm sure that you will get a lot out of it and if any of us are in your neck of the woods I'm sure they will drop in for a game.
Rob.

Burt
04-01-2012, 02:01
Hi Andrew from Taunton.
I hope to be at Exeter so will join you for a game or two.
Don

CappyTom
04-01-2012, 02:20
Welcome aboard Andrew, glad to have you here. Sounds like you all are shaping up quite nice over there. Good luck with everything and look forward to many more threads.

Thomas

Attila57
04-01-2012, 02:34
Welcome from Italy

Attilio

WizardsWarlords
04-01-2012, 06:54
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes.

Archidamus
04-01-2012, 09:07
Hello Andrew. and welcome to the 'drome from here in Kent

flash
04-01-2012, 09:49
Welcome to the 'drome Andrew from sunny Sussex - nice to see wingmen joining the fray together - I won't make Exeter but hope it goes well for you & the club, I see Don's hoping to get there, maybe you'll get a few more from the SW crew too.

Green Goblin
04-02-2012, 03:08
Knowing what a keen pilot you are I look forward to supplying the bombers for your French flight in the form of a couple of Breguets.
See you in the middle and Happy Landings!

grumpybear
04-02-2012, 06:48
Hi from Alberta

Willi Von Klugermann
04-02-2012, 07:11
Welcome aboard Andrew.

Nightbomber
04-02-2012, 07:29
Andrew/Andrzej here as well:). Welcome from Poland!

Grey Knight
04-02-2012, 08:01
Welcome and enjoy from Florida

Zakopious
04-02-2012, 09:50
Andrew,
Welcome to the Aerodrome from Sheffield Lake, Ohio.
Ken

bsmith13
04-02-2012, 11:09
Welcome to the site, Andrew!