PDA

View Full Version : Dials for Original Bases

Puzzledust
03-24-2012, 09:07
Hi,

I might be alone in this, but I would really like to have altitude rings that would work on our original bases. I like having all the information about my plane on the base. Is there any chance that this might could be developed or sold? I'm fairly new to the game so am I possibly missing something that already exists?

Thanks!

Oberst Hajj
03-24-2012, 12:25
Thad, I could look into offering something like this. It would take three levels of acrylic though. The altitude ring, the climb rate counter, and finally the pointer for the climb rate counter. The biggest issue from a production stand point is that the dials I already make will not work on the official bases. That means I've got to design all new dials and stock them. Not sure if it's worth the effort as most players do not need the plane stats on the bases after one or two games (the only thing your really need to know after the game starts is how much damage it can take).

Puzzledust
03-24-2012, 13:25
I see, yeah I probably won't need them then. Thanks for explaining it to me.

-Thad

Oberst Hajj
03-25-2012, 00:24
No problem Thad. Anytime you have an idea for a product that will enhance your game play, please let me know.

Rabbit 3
04-28-2012, 11:05
Just a thought but wouldnt these work on top of a regular flight stand?
http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/flight-stands/altitude-stand.html

Oberst Hajj
04-29-2012, 01:32
Those could work in a pinch. The base on those are slightly wider then an airplane base though. The idea behind that product was to allow people to use the official bases and just have that altitude base next to them to track their altitude more easily. There is no real need to place it on the plane's stand.