PDA

View Full Version : Front Gun on Two Seaters

Belis4rius
02-04-2010, 01:18
I have just read an interesting memoir in Joshua Levine's "On a Wing and a Prayer."

One pilot states that on receiving the Bristol Fighter for the first time it was handicapped because the pilots, himself included, followed the normal procedure with two seaters in that he tried to put the aircraft in a good shooting position for the observer while not using his own forward facing gun at all.

As we all know this changed and once the aircraft was flown more like a normal scout, albeit one with two people in it. But it does inadvertently give us an idea of normal practice with a two-seater, which was to concentrate on getting a good shot for the observer while the pilot's weapon is at best a second thought.

sparty
02-04-2010, 11:51
I wonder what a good house rule to simulate this might look like and how it'd affect the use of the maneuver decks!

Pseudotheist
02-04-2010, 12:41
I'd think simply narrowing the front firing arc would simulate it nicely, if you feel the need to make a modification.

sparty
02-04-2010, 13:25
I was thinking possibly only allowing close range from the front arc to reflect the necessity of use and then only allowing 1 damage card.