PDA

View Full Version : March 17th Game Day in Ada, Ohio

CappyTom
03-18-2012, 16:40
Well we had a blast playing Wings of Glory WWI and WWII. I'm going to ask Ken and the others to provide the AAR for the WWI as I didn't get a record of events and will be going by memory on this.

Here is how The White Cliffs of Dover went.
The allies had 4 targets out with 2 of them being dummy targets.
You can barely make them out just over the cliffs.
The Allies had an early warning and got air-born to meet the enemy over the channel.

All got into a furball then Ken shot down Kevin. He was hit hard and dropped like a rock.
Ouch.

You can see that the P-40 flown by Tommy shot and started Luis' 109 on fire.

At this time Ken told Daniel over the radio that he would get him his own hurricane if he got the kill for the stuka.
And on a long shot boom. Down it went with an assist from yours truly. O.K. I didn't even get to shoot cause it went boom... From my sky gun camera you can just make out Daniel's wing tip. Daniel's first game and taking home a new plane, only flown once.;)By the famous Cowman.

Tommy closing in on Kevin with Daniel flying cover takes out Kevin. He never even saw them.

Kevin came back and took out Ken.
Brian coming up on Daniel's six gets a quick burst and down goes his plane. Daniel bails just in time. Daniel had already sustained damage but stayed in till the end. By this time Luis sir-comes to fire and went down. Tommy gets the kill.

Then Brian turns for one of the AA guns and takes it out with a strafing run. In the process he is shot down by the same AA gun.
You can see me at the top of the page turning for home. I had 2 hit points left on my bird and wasn't going to be any help to any one.

Tommy got a Buckeye cup for this round. All had fun.
:pint:
Thomas

Old Navy
03-18-2012, 17:27
To Tom and all the guys at Game Day:
Thanks for the great time! I hope you had as much fun playing with me as I did playing with you.

Jim

CappyTom
03-19-2012, 02:34
Phase two, the pacific.

Midway Island is under attack. We had four enemy inbound aircraft. Three Zeros one Tony and a Val. We managed to get up three Wildcats and two P-40s.
Daniel had a Wildcat, the Cowman, Tommy and Luis had P-40s and I had a Wildcat. Brian F. was in the Val, Kevin, Jim and Brian were in Zeros and Karl had the Tony.

The P-40s stayed in tight formation and Ken with the assist from Luis shot down Jim on the first pass. Jim fought back as best he could but the lightly armored Zero sir-comes to the pounding.

Hungry for a kill, Daniel, Brian and me, CappyTom, collide. We all clip wing tips but keep flying.:eek:

Luis and I see the Val without fighter cover and go in for the Kill. I beat him to the target but Luis gets the assist. Thank you buddy.

Karl seeing his buddies getting shot down left and right turned his guns on Daniel. Daniel couldn't believe the fire power that Tony had. Daniel bail as his plane got shot to hell.

Luis seeing young Danny jumping from his smoking wreck turns his vengeance to Karl and with a few burst from his guns takes him out.
Just off camera Daniel in a new plane hits Kevin and starts him a flaming.

It was one big fur ball. Kevin with his nimble Zero turns hard with flames lapping at his cowling brings his guns to bare on Luis and with a lucky hit takes him down.
War is hell.

I have been taking a lot of damage and was trying to land on the island when Brian F. came in with a second Val and peppers my engine and takes me down before I could land. I emptied what was left of my guns into him but he just kept coming.

Brian F. drops his bomb load and takes out one of the two AA guns as well damaging the runway.

After Kevin's flames went out Daniel came up behind him again and took him out. Daniel was very aggressive today.
Tommy just out of camera view peppered Karl's Tony and took him out.

Over all Midway took a beating and Brian F. got the Buckeye cup for his bravery and dedication to the mission.

Hope you all enjoyed the reports. Till next time. Check your six.
:salute:
Thomas

CappyTom
03-19-2012, 02:59
Thanks again to all who attended.

Left to right:
Karl, Kevin, Tommy, Daniel, Luis, Brian F., Ken, Jim and Brian.
:thumbsup:
Thomas

Marechallannes
03-19-2012, 04:07
Great AAR, Tom.:salute:

You Ohio boys know to celebrate WoG!

That's a level I want to reach with my playgroup - somedays.

CappyTom
03-19-2012, 13:14
We had players come from Dayton, Columbus, Akron, Toledo and Cridersville. Pretty much most of the state was represented.
Thanks Sven, your welcome here anytime.
:thumbsup:
Thomas

FrankJamison
03-19-2012, 15:57
It's great to see the new planes in action. Great pics too. And yeah, that Tony (they have a card for it in FFTS) is a royal pain when it manages to line someone up on its sights.

CappyTom
03-19-2012, 17:48
I would also like to say we did raise a glass for Joaquim and Kenneth at dinner. You both were sorely missed.
Thomas

Bartman
03-19-2012, 18:30
"sir-comes"??

Is this some sort of frat-humor or did you mean succumbed?

CappyTom
03-19-2012, 18:34
"sir-comes"??

Is this some sort of frat-humor or did you mean succumbed?

Nope just slow... Thanks for the correction.:confused:

richard m schwab
03-20-2012, 10:47
You guys had the skies over ADA blazing i see! Great report!

Rich

Zakopious
03-20-2012, 11:22
I would also like to say we did raise a glass for Joaquim and Kenneth at dinner. You both were sorely missed.
Thomas

Thank you for thinking of us !

Sounds like you had a great time.

Blackronin
03-20-2012, 12:47
Thomas

Thanks, Thomas, it's nice to know you've thought of us.

I'm glad you've enjoyed yourselves. Thanks for the pictures and AAR. They are great.

Nightbomber
03-20-2012, 13:01
Great report Thomas! I love your game events chaps there!