PDA

View Full Version : Where to from here

Linz
03-06-2012, 10:32
Hi all
Thank you all for your support over the past year and thanks to all our Flight Leaders for the work you have put into our Wing.
With the removal of Leadership positions where do we go from here.
I am happy to remain as a central organizer/contact person if that is what you guys and girls feel we need.
I do hope you will all continue to support this site and will sat in touch.
What are your thoughts on this?
Regards
Linz

rote Flügel
03-06-2012, 10:51
I whole heartedly agree.. just because Keith has restructured the site doesn't mean we stop what we do.. the ranks and titles are nice.. but not why I started playing this game.. I, for one, intend to continue in my small part to try to get games going at my local game store.. and promote the game whne and where ever I can.. just the other night at a bar/restaraunt I got someone interested in the game so i may have a new recruit.. lol... just gonna keep on.. keeping on.. lol..

Nightbomber
03-06-2012, 11:29
Of course there is no reason to stop the activity in the real and virtual world. That would be stupid to loose friends and all that positive/creative thinking we experience here - and with our fellow local players. But when I memorize the high emotions we had on Dec. 16th 2011 here when I announced to my group that we have our own Flight forrmed by Herr Oberst Decree:D and all the fun we had playing together from time to time, having our own official posters, mugs and stuff... We had fun&laugh and I personally had even bigger fun and motivation being those people "leader", organizing our evening fights...even abroad... I think something has just died.
Of course it all may still happen and I do not have my eyes misty, no, definitely no.

I'll be always First to Fight :salute:

Flying Officer Kyte
03-06-2012, 12:13
I agree with the sentiment expressed here by Andrzej, Linz and the rest of you. we have all invested too much both physically and mentally into this site to let a small matter like an imaginary title change anything. As you say it was not why we joined, and we still owe the Oberst a huge debt of thanks for bringing us like minded souls together from all parts of the globe.
It may transpire that some of the peripheral members are lost by the wayside if we cannot chivey them along as we have in the past, but that was often the case despite out best efforts anyway.
I am sure that the Oberst has good reasons for the decision that he has made, and as long as he is prepared to oversee the site,let us look upon this event not so much as a disaster, but simply as a change of direction and emphasis on the Drome, and go on as far as we can with the new challenges we find. I trust that we will all continue to get as much enjoyment and companionship out of the Drome in the future as we have in the past.
Rob. aka Wing Commander F.O. Kyte R.F.C. (Retired.)

Nightbomber
03-06-2012, 12:28
With all our little sorrows and complaints we forgot that there was and still is a living man behind the scenes - a so called spiritus movens - who runs that fun factory and who has his own life and goals that must be pursued with daily routines. Rob named him right, with gallantry. It's Keith.

Doug
03-06-2012, 14:24
I will still continue to give Keith what support I can, furthermore I am still going to promote the WoG sight as I have in the past will, as well as running my flight:thumbsup:

flash
03-06-2012, 14:57
Carry on regardless is what I said to my former Flight Leaders - I'll be back at the club on Wednesday blooding my Dolphin & promoting the site - I'm sure you all will be doing the same thing too.

Linz
03-07-2012, 00:13
You guys have the right idea carry on regardless.
It will be interesting to see who drops out and how steps up to the mark.
See you all at the bar for some retirement drinks.
Linz

CappyTom
03-07-2012, 03:05
You guys said it all. I'm all in as well.
:thumbsup:
Thomas

Willi Von Klugermann
03-09-2012, 20:09
This is great to see. Solid choice gents.

Tommy Z
03-09-2012, 20:58
Well said all! I'm still here & not going anywhere.....carry on!

Go Buckeye Squadron!

....Lead and people will follow, even without a title.

Monticus
03-09-2012, 21:10
I'm like a tigermoth, I'll always be around. I have to be, I just got people playing the game around here and a supplier, lol!

Flying Officer Kyte
03-10-2012, 01:20
Well said all! I'm still here & not going anywhere.....carry on!

Go Buckeye Squadron!

....Lead and people will follow, even without a title.

An old friend of mine once told me that there were two types of officer. One that you followed out of respect, and one that you followed out of curiosity.
Rob.

Linz
03-10-2012, 01:40
Rob
So true so true!
Linz

flash
03-10-2012, 01:46
The most dangerous one to follow being the one with a map...and an idea !

Linz
03-10-2012, 01:50
Yep I used to be that man!
Now I have the map and no idea what i'm doing.

Boney10
03-10-2012, 01:54
Yup Ive followed those men :)

Bluedevil
03-10-2012, 01:58
I'll keep on truckin' ...Euh Flying ;);););)

Doug
03-10-2012, 02:06
Most exercises I was able to avoid them me and my line party or re-trans section operated on our own. I was the one with the map and compass:erk:

Blackronin
03-10-2012, 02:31
The things I've learned from life, being a follower and then a leader are:

A follower can express his doubts. A leader MUST have his doubts but cannot express them.
A follower is entitled not to see the man inside the leader. The leader must always measure the men that follow him.
A follower can be unfair with the leader's commands. A leader must always be impartial even when he's being treated unfairly.
A good leader will attract followers. His behaviour will make his followers bring out the best of them, so a good leader can be seen by what his followers do.

So, please, look around friends, I see here some of the best and that is a statement to what Keith has done to this site and to us all.

So please, just keep doing the best, playing the most and being here for each other and for Keith.

I guess this sums it all.

Flying Officer Kyte
03-10-2012, 03:36
Yup Ive followed those men :)

The friend of mine followed me for ten years, but he never disclosed the reason.:lol:

Rob.

CappyTom
03-10-2012, 05:26
The most dangerous one to follow being the one with a map...and an idea !

Hey I got lots of maps and ideas...:eek:

Thomas

crashx
03-10-2012, 06:05
Sure, I'll miss the title. But, I want to look at the positive in this. Keith has given us all the opportunity to "all" be leaders, not just the ones that had titles. We need to continue to promote the game, and this site for many more years!!! I won't be the first, but I sure won't be the last!!! To the bar, and to the Col.!!!

flash
03-10-2012, 06:23
Hey I got lots of maps and ideas...:eek:

Thomas

Then you are a most dangerous one !!:erk:

Niclas
03-10-2012, 08:17
An old friend of mine once told me that there were two types of officer. One that you followed out of respect, and one that you followed out of curiosity.
Rob.
But I guess it would take a truly remarkable leader, that you'd follow out of the bar...

/Niclas

Flying Officer Kyte
03-10-2012, 11:05
But I guess it would take a truly remarkable leader, that you'd follow out of the bar...

/Niclas
Niclas.
There is no leader that I would follow out of the bar, but you could lead me..........................into the bar anytime.
Kyte.:FOK:

Attila57
03-10-2012, 11:29
Niclas.
There is no leader that I would follow out of the bar, but you could lead me..........................into the bar anytime.
Kyte.:FOK:

and Niklas we are not even obliged to set a good example by drinking just:drunk:

Attilio

Algynon
03-10-2012, 11:45
Just make sure F.O.Kyte get the first round in......

Flying Officer Kyte
03-10-2012, 11:49
Just make sure F.O.Kyte get the first round in......

Don't I always?:money:
Kyte.

Attila57
03-10-2012, 12:57
I offer you (eruo is still a currency :slysmile:)

:singin:

Attilio