PDA

View Full Version : Coupla questions

ff151
01-29-2010, 11:19
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I cannot find any direct answers.

1) The WWII version has different paint schemes on their deluxe set compared to series 1 models. What about WWI Deluxe set? I bought the deluxe set and went to the store to buy 4 more planes (2 allied, 2 german) so that we can play 4 vs 4 planes. They had very little in stock regarding series 1 and the one plane looked exactly like the one I have in the series 1 box? are the 4 in the deluxe set exactly like the planes in the "series 1" individual models?

2) I own the deluxe set of WWI, what is the best way to start playing with the newly released balloon models? Should I buy Burning dracheas first? do I need that kit for damage cards, movement cards?

3) tonights agenda is this, watch "Flyboys", then do a 4vs4 head on battle with our WWI version planes. How do you guys "deploy"? Meaning who deploys first? If I see my oponent deploy his planes on the mat first, I can set up a strategy to attack his planes. How do you guys handle this? The only thing we have done is that the planes can't be any further that the shooting tool from the players edge but we haven't tackled who deploys first.

Thanks guys!

T.

Pooh
01-29-2010, 13:32
Terry,

The WW1 deluxe set has the same paint schemes as the individual planes, not like the WW2 set that has unique paint schemes.

I'm not sure if you need burning drachens for the baloon set. I have heard they have the balloon busting rules included with the balloon set.. That information is available in the files section I believe.

How you deploy is up to you. In our group, unless we are playing a senario which specifies setup, we deploy a turn or 2 apart at an agreed base altitude. Players can be an altitude above or below that. We find its best to be at the same altitude as the rest of your allies +/- an altitude pip or 2.

Pooh

Oberst Hajj
01-29-2010, 18:16
1. The planes are the same in the WWI deluxe set as they are in series 1.

2. Balloon Busters set will have the rules and we have been told the counters and damage cards need for using balloons. So, you should not need BD box set if you get a Balloon Buster set. However, since no one has actually seen what comes with a production BB set yet, we can't say 100%. It would be best to hang on to your money a little while longer to confirm that.

3. Unless doing missions, we just setup on opposite sides of the table and go at it.

IRM
01-29-2010, 19:13
3: Charlie3 has a diagram + rules in the files section for selecting random start positions for straight dogfights. Makes things more interesting than just starting at opposite edges and charging :)

Oberst Hajj
01-29-2010, 22:45
Good, point. I had forgot about that chart. We did use it a time or two and it was fun.

ff151
01-30-2010, 04:20
Thanks guys, I will certainly check that out! Thanks too for the info on the mini's, now I just have 4 more to go in series 1 ;)

FF