PDA

View Full Version : Play mats

Volant Gun
01-27-2010, 21:39
Volant Gun checking in.

Has anyone purchased the play mats for WoW? They're two mats for sale East and West. The art work looks ok, but I like the description of the mat's construction. They seem like very large computer mouse pads. That sounds like the perfect matierial to use for this game. If you have purchased a mat please let me know what you think.

Have Fun!
Frank.

Oberst Hajj
01-27-2010, 22:17
Frank, have a look at this thread (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=595).

Toolian
01-28-2010, 12:36
I recommend them. Great quality and durability.

The price is high, but I choose not to sacrifice quality for a cheaper price. The material on the mat also reduces the cards slipping compared to a glass/smooth table or a laminated mat.

Mat gets a 8/10 on my rating scale. :p

Carlos Lopes
02-21-2010, 15:40
Hello,

I bought yesterday the West mat. It's beautiful and very nice to play with miniatures.

With a mat I think we can play at the most with 4 airplanes.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy the East mat.

My regards

sparty
02-21-2010, 16:13
Personally, I think a single mat is just too small for sometimes even a 4 plane game. Having the latitude to maneuver is really important in this game. The dogfight aspect of it will tend to keep people close, but sometimes you just need more room!

Consider the Fokker DR1 or the Sopwith Camel which have those nasty 90 degree turns. They could just ride the side of single mat and be nearly unstoppable. Because there's not a ton of area to play on with the mat everyone would still be in the fight. With both mats or a larger area you can effectively take gamey tactics like that out of the game.