PDA

View Full Version : National: AnCon

Skullduggery
02-21-2012, 06:02
I know it is kind of early, but is anyone else planning on going to AnCon this year?
www.anothergamecon.com

The Cowman
02-21-2012, 09:20
That is one of the Cons on my list of hopefuls...

Jager
02-21-2012, 14:53
Since it's only 20 minutes from home, and literally on my way to and from work, I am planning on being there. I will have to check the schedule of life to see if I can commit to running anything there. I'll probably decide in the next couple of weeks.
Coming 3 weeks after Origins will make it a bit tougher.
Karl

CappyTom
02-22-2012, 03:03
I will put it in my calendar and will have to wait and see for now.

Thomas

Skullduggery
02-23-2012, 05:39
I can see if we can register a a game group and if there are any perks. I enjoy this con as much as any of the bigger ones I have been to.

Skullduggery
03-09-2012, 08:23
I have submitted the Buckeye gamers in flight to be listed as a gaming group in the program along with the logo (thanks Ken!)

Jager
03-10-2012, 06:39
Excellent; thanks Brian. I'll get my game registered sometime this week.
Karl

Skullduggery
03-10-2012, 20:51
Excellent; thanks Brian. I'll get my game registered sometime this week.
Karl

I'll see you there :)

Skullduggery
04-21-2012, 23:55
I have registered other games I play today. But I am leaving Saturday open for WoW/WoG games.

Jager
04-22-2012, 04:01
Yeh, I need to get this done this week. Hey Keith, can you let me and Brian know how to post dates on the calender? I couldn't figure it out for FloorWars.
Karl

Redstarny
05-07-2012, 14:30
Why do they have Cons everywhere except NYC? What did we do wrong?

Jager
06-03-2012, 09:35
OK, I have an event in for AnCon, Airfield Assault Saturday at 1500 hrs.
Karl

BobP
06-03-2012, 14:15
Good for you Ohio guys to get to the Con. For me Historicon next month so I will be there. Have a few things I have to get when there.

Skullduggery
06-04-2012, 05:50
Karl
I'm in !

The Cowman
06-04-2012, 09:20
I am looking for a driving buddy in Columbus!

Jager
06-14-2012, 03:20
Karl

And now the down side: work won't give me the day off, so I can't get there in the morning
and do some gaming before my event :mad:
Scheduled off at 1:00, but if I get done with all my drivers, they let me leave early, so I could be there as early as noon.
Karl

Skullduggery
06-14-2012, 05:21
And now the down side: work won't give me the day off, so I can't get there in the morning
and do some gaming before my event :mad:
Scheduled off at 1:00, but if I get done with all my drivers, they let me leave early, so I could be there as early as noon.
Karl
Awww on a good note Saturday is the biggest day of the con. Things should be picking up about the time you get there (and go til late night). I will be there all weekend if you need anything.

Brian

Jager
06-14-2012, 05:50
Awww on a good note Saturday is the biggest day of the con. Things should be picking up about the time you get there (and go til late night). I will be there all weekend if you need anything.

Brian

Yeh, but I had planned on getting dinner and a beer after my game
(and waking up a 3AM doesn't leave me much evening for this :().
I just checked the site, and my game isn't up for pre-reg. I sent a email to Frank about it, so hopefully it will be up soon.
What are you running?
Karl

Skullduggery
06-14-2012, 06:24
Yeh, but I had planned on getting dinner and a beer after my game
(and waking up a 3AM doesn't leave me much evening for this :().
I just checked the site, and my game isn't up for pre-reg. I sent a email to Frank about it, so hopefully it will be up soon.
What are you running?
Karl
I left Saturday open for whatever. And I am running GWAR:Rumble in Antarctica Friday evening and my Godzilla game a couple times during the weekend.

Jager
06-14-2012, 12:16
I left Saturday open for whatever. And I am running GWAR:Rumble in Antarctica Friday evening and my Godzilla game a couple times during the weekend.

What is GWAR? And what time Friday?
Karl

Skullduggery
06-16-2012, 22:46
What is GWAR? And what time Friday?
Karl
GWAR is band. lewd, crude obnoxious. One of my favorites. A few years ago a variation of Shockforce, a miniatures game, was based on them.
I am running it at 6 pm if I remember right.
Here is the story of GWAR http://www.gwar.net/mythos

Zakopious
06-17-2012, 06:31
I missed pre-registration for Ancon but I think that I will be there on Friday and Saturday to play the Wings of War and Battleground games.

Ken

Skullduggery
06-21-2012, 20:14
Day 1 done. Seen old friends and played some games. Good times

Jager
06-22-2012, 13:32
Sadly, I had to cancel; I got fluxed at work by the schedule demon. :mad:
Con on the Cob in October; request day off tomorrow. Will run 2 games.
Karl

Zakopious
06-23-2012, 19:56
Seems that my registration was the "Kiss of Death" for the games at AnCon.
I registered for a Battleground game on Friday and it started four hours late.
Saturday, my registration for the 3 pm Wings of War game killed it.
All was not lost because I was able to get into the 4 pm Battleground game where my dismal dice rolling snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
My Tiger tank and three Mark IV tanks should have been able to defeat the American tanks.
Instead the picture shows three of my tanks "brewing up" and the fourth is tracked.
The surviving American tanks were in the process of working around behind the tracked Mk. IV so my German tankers bailed out and ran back to Germany.

I am a big paper model fan.
Thus, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Fiddler's Green model being used in an Indiana Jones adventure game.

AnCon did not have much for the gamer who likes historical miniatures.
Battleground was the only one.
The sponsors assured me that they would attempt to have more historical miniature games at their next con.

Ken

Skullduggery
06-23-2012, 22:07
One of the regular groups didn't come this year. One of my games had 0 players for Friday. I was looking forward to more miniatures but it ended up less. I ended up helping out in the kids room most of Saturday. If I had brought my WoW/WoG stuff I would have ran some games.

Brian

CappyTom
06-24-2012, 04:42
Seems that my registration was the "Kiss of Death" for the games at AnCon.
I registered for a Battleground game on Friday and it started four hours late.
Saturday, my registration for the 3 pm Wings of War game killed it.
All was not lost because I was able to get into the 4 pm Battleground game where my dismal dice rolling snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
My Tiger tank and three Mark IV tanks should have been able to defeat the American tanks.
Instead the picture shows three of my tanks "brewing up" and the fourth is tracked.
The surviving American tanks were in the process of working around behind the tracked Mk. IV so my German tankers bailed out and ran back to Germany.

I am a big paper model fan.
Thus, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Fiddler's Green model being used in an Indiana Jones adventure game.

AnCon did not have much for the gamer who likes historical miniatures.
Battleground was the only one.
The sponsors assured me that they would attempt to have more historical miniature games at their next con.

Ken

Nice photos Ken. Sorry to hear about those poor dice. How many Sherman tanks did you go up against?

Thomas

Zakopious
06-24-2012, 08:16
The Americans had two Sherman's, one "so-called" Hellcat, and five Lees.
The "so-called" Hellcat appeared to be a model of a Pershing.
A lucky hit on the Hellcat gun caused it to retreat early in the game.
An extremely lucky die roll from a Sherman punched a hole in the Tiger's frontal armor.

This game was a substitution for the Battle for Remagen Bridge game because the bridge model did not make it to the con.

Zakopious
06-24-2012, 08:24
One of the regular groups didn't come this year. One of my games had 0 players for Friday. I was looking forward to more miniatures but it ended up less. I ended up helping out in the kids room most of Saturday. If I had brought my WoW/WoG stuff I would have ran some games.

Brian

Too bad that we did not find each other.
I had my WoW games and a few planes with me.
Unfortunately, I do not know you by sight and you do not know me.

Ken

Skullduggery
06-25-2012, 04:53
Too bad that we did not find each other.
I had my WoW games and a few planes with me.
Unfortunately, I do not know you by sight and you do not know me.

Ken
Yeah I walked right by you. I remember the game you were in and the GM explaining how the bridge didn't show up.

Brian

Skullduggery
03-15-2013, 14:31
It's that time of year again. AnCon is coming up May 2 - 5. Open gaming is always encouraged. I will bring some of my WWI planes along with my Godzilla game. There will also be something to see at registration this year for all of us British sci-fi fans.

Zakopious
03-15-2013, 17:16
Thank you for the heads-up.

Will try to be there for Wings of War, WW I and hopefully a Battleground game.

Jager
03-17-2013, 10:19
It's that time of year again. AnCon is coming up May 2 - 5. Open gaming is always encouraged. I will bring some of my WWI planes along with my Godzilla game. There will also be something to see at registration this year for all of us British sci-fi fans.

Brian;
I think I can make it too; the problem is this is the weekend before I go on vacation to CalState, so I hate to register and have to cancel.
But if you think there's enough room in open gaming, I can set up a continious training game, like the Aerodrome game does at BashCon.
Karl

Skullduggery
03-18-2013, 13:07
I can guarantee we will have room.

Jager
03-20-2013, 12:35
Request put in; now we wait to see if work cooperates :hmm:
Karl

Skullduggery
03-21-2013, 05:36
Request put in; now we wait to see if work cooperates :hmm:
Karl

I hope you can make it

Jager
03-21-2013, 13:54
:pray::pray::pray:
Karl

Putraack
03-23-2013, 14:32
I know I am coming to AnCon for Saturday this year, I hope to sit in a cockpit!

Jager
03-24-2013, 05:42
That's the plan right now; even if work gets difficult, I'll be there by 2PM (I literally drive past the site to and from work and home).
Karl

Skullduggery
03-26-2013, 05:30
I just found this out this morning from the guy who runs the con.

Frank BelterAnCon: Another Game Convention

Ok, I may be dating myself, but how many of you remember the old slot cars. Well, guess what...we have them. Ralph Wagner and a group he is a part of is running some slot car racing events. We dedicated a room to it. On Thursday he is planning a "Blood on the Slot track race of doom"...cars running on the track and can actually hit each other.

On Saturday, he is running a 4 hour Lemans slot car event, where you and three others will team up to compete just like a real Lemans.

I for one am looking forward to these events. The real good news is he is supplying everything including cars. In fact, he said, if you have any cars, bring them and he can make sure they are in top shape.

fast.git
03-26-2013, 06:24
...but how many of you remember the old slot cars. Well, guess what...we have them. Ralph Wagner and a group he is a part of is running some slot car racing events. We dedicated a room to it. On Thursday he is planning a "Blood on the Slot track race of doom"...cars running on the track and can actually hit each other...

:lol::lol::lol:
Outstanding! Those sure bring back memories...

Skullduggery
04-25-2013, 04:57
There is just over a week until AnCon

Jager
04-25-2013, 05:00
Just got word from work; Saturday off, but I have to work M-F to get it.
For those of you with "normal" jobs, it's surprising how difficult it can be to work 5 days straight when you're not used to doing it.
Esp. when wakeup time is 3AM :(
See you there, Brian.
Karl

Putraack
04-28-2013, 18:19
I'm out for this weekend, drat the luck.

Skullduggery
04-30-2013, 07:52
Just got word from work; Saturday off, but I have to work M-F to get it.
For those of you with "normal" jobs, it's surprising how difficult it can be to work 5 days straight when you're not used to doing it.
Esp. when wakeup time is 3AM :(
See you there, Brian.
Karl
It will be good seeing/gaming with you again Karl and if I'll buy the coffee to help keep you awake :pint:

Skullduggery
04-30-2013, 07:52
I'm out for this weekend, drat the luck.

Awwww :(

Zakopious
05-02-2013, 09:29
I will be there on Saturday to play WOGF with you, Karl.
Will bring my Gotha, some paper planes and of course Snoopy !

Unfortunately, Ancon is devoid of historical miniature games.
I may try some of the paint and take activities.

Skullduggery
05-02-2013, 21:07
I am saving all of Saturday for playing wings. I'm bringing a few things myself

Kermit
05-03-2013, 15:14
I was there today since I'm working this weekend. I would have registered for WoW if it was playing today but I didn't see it on the list. :/

Skullduggery
05-04-2013, 05:02
I was there today since I'm working this weekend. I would have registered for WoW if it was playing today but I didn't see it on the list. :/
I didn't register any events. I could not get in until late Friday, 7pm. I have some of my WWI stuff and am going to play in an open gaming area on Saturday

Kermit
05-04-2013, 05:39
I was planning on staying there all day but I had to run a few errands during the break (4pm -5pm) but my last session ran a bit late and I didn't make it out of there until 4:20pm. Then I hit rush hour which I realized that I wouldn't make it back in 40 mins.

On the funny side, I did tell people that I had to run and hit a bank. They all stopped what they were doing and looked at me as if I was planning a heist. It took me a few seconds to realize what I said.:embarass:

Zakopious
05-04-2013, 17:32
Had a good time at Ancon playing with Jager, Skullduggery, Jago85 and two others today.
It was just an old fashioned furball with everyman for himself.
Some players took pictures, perhaps they will be posted later.

CappyTom
05-05-2013, 02:48
Had a good time at Ancon playing with Jager, Skullduggery, Jago85 and two others today.
It was just an old fashioned furball with everyman for himself.
Some players took pictures, perhaps they will be posted later.

Wish I was there. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Miss seeing you Kenneth. I am going to have to make a point to travel north and get some gaming in up there soon.
:thumbsup:
Thomas

Jager
05-05-2013, 08:56
Yeh, the gaming was good Saturday. Sorry, JC, I had to work Friday, and early bed (4AM wakeup with the missus), so I didn't plan on Friday.
I didn't pre-reg the game, since work was iffy on the dayoff; I had to cancel last year for just that reason, so didn't feel like chancing it.
We setup in the Ballroom, right by the registration table; picked up a couple of walkins that way. I'll ;post pics when Glenn sends them to me.
Karl

Jago85
05-05-2013, 16:48
We are working of getting pics to Karl. So we will have a after action report with photos.

Skullduggery
05-10-2013, 05:38
I really had a good time and it was great meeting you Ken

Zakopious
05-10-2013, 09:45
I really had a good time and it was great meeting you Ken

Thank you Brian.
Was good to meet you and I look forward to flying with or against you again.