PDA

View Full Version : The German

Kaiser
02-19-2012, 11:15
Enjoy :)

http://vimeo.com/31202906

Blackronin
02-19-2012, 11:39
Good twist at the end. I was caught completely by surprise.

David Manley
02-19-2012, 11:50
Great stuff. Puts some Hollywood "spectaculars" to shame!

billingspike
02-19-2012, 12:18
Great action ,,,somebody get on the stick and do a "battle of Britain" movie,,,,,Peter Jackson ? are you out there?

Bluedevil
02-19-2012, 12:46
Nice work ..loved the end-scene :)

Attila57
02-19-2012, 12:53
Nice work Well done

rote Flügel
02-19-2012, 13:41
very cool.. also check out ... A Lonely Sky.. that was cool too..

csadn
02-19-2012, 15:41
Good twist at the end. I was caught completely by surprise.

I read the "made by" notes; I figured out where it was going from there. Nice effects, tho'.

Voss
02-19-2012, 16:14
Thanks for the link.
I watched all four and would like to see more.
They are outstanding!!!

Voss

Otto von Starkburg
02-20-2012, 05:52
Its nice, but the german didn't speak german. Okay, most of the words are german but neither the grammer nor the choosen words are correct. Also, its very difficult to understand the german pilot (in the other case, the english pilot is easy to understand). May be, he is from Netherlands (the actor) or learned german in the school. But at the end: Nothing that is realy important.

Marechallannes
02-20-2012, 06:13
Ok, nice little film.:)

A few comments:

To ram the plane 50 m over the ground - with this speed - would have shortened the film for minutes.:sick:

Those pilots fought each other like infantrymen. Remind me on the scene of Saving Privat Ryan, when Pvt. Stanley Mellish lost his live in close combat vs. the SS-Grenadier.:eek:

I didn't understand the English pilot, but the German. "Drop down your gun - Schweinehund" is not the correct way to prevent an enemy from shooting him in the head.;)

Nightbomber
02-20-2012, 06:36
Very good video. Some issues:
1) Is that made as a standalone clip, a short film? Think so, cause it's a whole story.
2) Was it possible for both pilots to have a dogfight over Ireland? I don't think so it was historically accurate due to the range of Bf 109E that we have seen in the movie.
3) The Spit is probably Mark V or later type (two wing mounted cannons), so it's historically inacurate. Bf 109E were not in operational service when Mk. V's were used.
Just remarks, the video and the story is great anyway.

Zoe Brain
02-20-2012, 06:42
Um... how does a Bf109 of any mark get the range to operate over Ireland?

Zoe Brain
02-20-2012, 07:01
The Spit is probably Mark V or later type (two wing mounted cannons)
It could be Mk Ib, with 2 Hispano drum-fed cannon, one in each wing. The bulges are clearly visible. I wasn't able to see the shape of the exhausts - the easiest way of differentiating a Ib from a Vb.

Soon after this Supermarine was contracted to convert 30 Spitfires to take the cannon armed wing; 19 Squadron received the first of these in June 1940 and by 16 August, 24 cannon armed Spitfires had been delivered.

There's no way an Emil could make it to the vicinity of the border between Eire and Northern Ireland.

Marechallannes
02-20-2012, 10:27
What about drop tanks and anti-convoy operations in the St. Georges Channel?

The internet talks about operations vs. Northern Ireland:confused:

David Manley
02-20-2012, 11:04
There's no way an Emil could make it to the vicinity of the border between Eire and Northern Ireland.

How about flying from that secret Nazi base on the Isle of Sodor?

David Manley
02-20-2012, 11:04

How about flying from that secret Nazi base on the Isle of Sodor?

Blackronin
02-20-2012, 11:33
I must reply to you all and put a rest to this discussion.

Fact 1 - The very well known Ipswich-Worcester-Chichester triangle has some of the same properties of the Bermuda's Triangle. Time dislocation and space dislocation being the most acute known. Some more orkish looking gentlemen from the area are also known to be a consequence of being born there, but that's another matter mostly irrelevant here.

Fact 2 - People being displaced by these strange effects sometimes change the sounds and meanings of their speech. See also about this in "The Strange Case of Mr. Morgan Freeman", by H. P. Lovecraft, if you can find this secretive and rare tome.

Fact 3 - The strange almost unharmed landing of both aircraft can be easily explained by the "Great Old One's Ex Machina" effect on complex devices. They gain a strange and not yet studied awareness that incites them to survival. Going down rolling and then landing almost unscathed is a proof in itself of what I'm speaking about.

Now, for the answers:

Chris: Read Fact 2.
Sven: Read fact 2 and 3.
Andrzej: Read Fact 1 and the answer about the Spits II from Zoe.
Zoe: Clearly you must read Fact 1.
David: The secret Nazi base is in the dark side of the Moon. But that's another story. Read Fact 1.

David! Must I repeat myself?! Read Fact 1. The secret Nazi base is in the Dark - Side - of - the - Moon.

Any questions?

jhary
02-20-2012, 12:05
Blackrain do you this with Dark side of the moon? http://www.ironsky.net/

Blackronin
02-20-2012, 12:19
Blackrain do you this with Dark side of the moon? http://www.ironsky.net/

Dah!! Hershall, they stole my idea!! Nah! Joking. That's the thing. But without the space Zeps. That's way too ridicule for me. They must have Shub Niggurath. That's the only way they can have hot blonds on Nazi Uniforms. ;)

On another issue, Hershall... Blackrain?! Blackrain?! That seems the name of a X-man superhero! I'm just a lowly ronin, travelling through Japan looking for some decent job that brings me some kokus. :)

Marechallannes
02-20-2012, 12:24
"The world is sick - and we are the doctors..."

Can't wait till April.;)

David Manley
02-20-2012, 12:34
The secret Nazi base is in the Dark - Side - of - the - Moon.

But what about the one in the Antarctic? if they can have one there AND on the dark side of the moon they can have one on Sodor too :)

"The world is sick - and we are the doctors..."

OK, now I'm worried! :)

Blackronin
02-20-2012, 12:44
David.They don't have a base in the Antarctic. In the Antarctic there is an entrance to the Hollow Earth, where the Nazi have a base, but in there they are the least of our problems. The Elder Race rules there...

David Manley
02-20-2012, 13:03
David.They don't have a base in the Antarctic.

Ah, but that's just what they want you to believe :)

http://www.beyondweird.com/ufos/branton_the_omega_file_part_2_nazi_bases_in_antarctica.html

Blackronin
02-20-2012, 13:08
Ah, but that's just what they want you to believe :)

http://www.beyondweird.com/ufos/branton_the_omega_file_part_2_nazi_bases_in_antarctica.html

Nope. That's what the Elder Race wants the Nazi to think that they want us to believe. :)

csadn
02-20-2012, 13:18
The race of sapient beavers which preceded Human Civilization on Earth will have something to say about this.

(You didn't know about them? Where do you think the legends of Dwarves came from? Shortish; hairy; impossible to tell males from females at sight; build stuff constantly; avoid human contact....)

David Manley
02-20-2012, 13:25
The race of sapient beavers which preceded Human Civilization on Earth will have something to say about this.

They make a comeback you know? I've seen South Park, oh yes, they'll be back :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HRcNgAhn2E

Blackronin
02-20-2012, 13:26
I'm getting sick... Too much mixed mythologies... I must go to the bathroom. :)

Baldrick62
02-20-2012, 14:30
Great action ,,,somebody get on the stick and do a "battle of Britain" movie,,,,,Peter Jackson ? are you out there?

I suspect he's a little busy with his remake of 'The Dambusters' with Digger or Nigel or whatever other PC name they settled on for Gibson's dog.

BobP
02-20-2012, 14:48
Very good short film. Really enjoied it. Thabnks for the post

Zoe Brain
02-20-2012, 18:51
The internet talks about operations vs. Northern Ireland:confused:

Yes. Condors could bomb Belfast.Ju-88s and He-111s too, albeit with reduced bombload. Just. Do-17s only recon. Bf109's - it is to laugh.

Distance from airfields in the Netherlands is about 750 km. Avoiding hostile airspace, neutral airspace etc, call it 1000 km. Range of E models was about 650 km, combat range rather less. Only the E-7 was fitted with drop-tanks, though other Emils were re-fitted from october 1940.

jhary
02-21-2012, 02:06
Sorry but what if it Where F or G 109 they had a range of 800 + 350 with droptank.

Nightbomber
02-21-2012, 08:22
Sorry but what if it Where F or G 109 they had a range of 800 + 350 with droptank.
...but the Bf109 in the movie is the (E) Emil version, that fought during Battle of Britain.

Blackronin
02-21-2012, 10:39
So... I didn't really deceived anybody with my theory... :(

Baldrick62
02-21-2012, 13:12
Yes. Condors could bomb Belfast.Ju-88s and He-111s too, albeit with reduced bombload. Just. Do-17s only recon. Bf109's - it is to laugh.

Don't forget that there were also raids (albeit small in both number and scale) against the neutral Irish Free State too. Although why we're justifying historical reality against a bit of CGI whimsy is a little superfluous.