PDA

View Full Version : How to use bombers?

Otto von Starkburg
02-15-2012, 07:41
I want to use twin-engine bombers for my game. I've found models, but are existing statcards and manuevercards for twin engine bombers? Or any other rules?

FrankJamison
02-15-2012, 15:48
There are no OFFICIAL cards or maneuver decks for any twin engined bombers. Yet. However, if you look through the files section of the site, or at some of the more prolific card designers like MaxHeadroom, you should find plenty of non-official cards and decks.

Good luck.

Marechallannes
02-18-2012, 08:53
Why don't you use the rules from "Flight of the Giants"?

Jager
02-19-2012, 03:24
Why don't you use the rules from "Flight of the Giants"?

Well WOW and DOW are really two different games, using a similar gaming mechanic (the cards). The flight decks of the two games are really quite different, and unlike WOW/WOGF, the WW2 game has no 2 engine/multi-engined planes yet. So the existing decks really shouldn't work for them, though some people do use them, probably modified (taking cards out). That's why many of us are waiting impatiently for Rain of Destruction. When we get a sampling of the 2 engine bombers, we can work in others, even (probably) the heavies (B-17s, Lancs etc.).
Karl

richard m schwab
02-19-2012, 09:00
Chris!

I our games we use a simple bomber system! Most use the I deck minus any of the steep maneuvers. Overflight of a ground target allows for bombing run. Light bombers inflict one blue D damage. Medium inflict two blue D damage , heavies four D damage. At my games played two weeks ago against ships i halved all except light bombers!

Rich

BobP
02-19-2012, 10:30
Very nice. What are the models you are using?

richard m schwab
02-19-2012, 10:43
Bob!

They are all 144 scale. The B-17`s are Big Birds. The SB2U Vindicator are Command Decision Miniatures formerly True North. The Zeros are Sweet kits. That is both the name of the company and the most common comment about them!

Rich

Kaiser
02-19-2012, 14:40
Well WOW and DOW are really two different games, using a similar gaming mechanic (the cards). The flight decks of the two games are really quite different, and unlike WOW/WOGF, the WW2 game has no 2 engine/multi-engined planes yet. So the existing decks really shouldn't work for them, though some people do use them, probably modified (taking cards out). That's why many of us are waiting impatiently for Rain of Destruction. When we get a sampling of the 2 engine bombers, we can work in others, even (probably) the heavies (B-17s, Lancs etc.).
Karl

The actual rules for the bombers (multi engines, multi crew, tailing) certainly will be quite similar. You only have to come up with the stats and manouver decks of the bombers.

Jager
02-19-2012, 15:21
Well, yes, I guess I didn't make that point clear. Without the manuver decks, you can't really fly the bombers. Flight of the Giants can't help with that, since we don't have a good point of reference for the bombers.
Karl

richard m schwab
02-25-2012, 06:52
Give Max`s planes a look he has some great bomber cards! I have used them in many games and have a great time with them!

Rich

Stormkahn
02-28-2012, 00:12
If I may...

Rules : http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=591

Cards : http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=9

Bombers + Decks : http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=122

Enjoy
:)
Dave.

Thomatchef
05-10-2012, 10:43
Nice set of rules. That will help using the 3 B-17 that are coming my way in a game.