PDA

View Full Version : New kits available

green dragon
01-23-2010, 17:50
For those of us too impatient to wait for the newest Nexus releases, there are the alternatives of kit planes. In the realm of white metal kits, there are those from Skytrex and Reviresco. I've made both, and they assemble well and look great.

I was perusing the Reviresco site the other day, and was pleased to note they have come out with several new aircraft. They include:

Aviatik Berg Scout D-1
Bristol Fighter F.2B
Halberstadt CL-II
Rumpler C-IV
Sopwith Triplane

You can see them at http://www.tin-soldier.com/

check6
01-23-2010, 21:48
dang it, i just ordered a heap of me-109s and spitfires and now ill need some more WWI stuff.

i love the rumpler CIV it has elegant lines and a tail like a tiger moth, the bristol F2b is also my favorite WWI plane as it looks awesome, the polikarpov R-5 is also a very nice aeroplane, and i believe a few were around for the early days of WWII (winter war) before they were replaced by more modern planes and relegated to liason and night bomber duties.

green dragon
01-24-2010, 06:15
I know how you feel, it's been murder trying to resist buying a ton of them. I'd never get them all built! Too bad I am doing Dawn of War in 1/200, those pre-war planes do look excellent. I've been prodding Noble Minis about coming out with some new stuff along the lines of the DoW releases. So far, so good as they came out with a Gladiator and a Falco. Now for a Rat and a Henschel!