PDA

View Full Version : Prague Flight Gaming Session

Watchdog
02-10-2012, 02:12
Our Prague Flight had a nice gaming session yesterday, in the Černý Rytíř ("Black Knight") game store in Prague, lasting about 5 hours. We played four games of WOWI and one of WWII. There were four of us from our flight - The Czech Republic's Wing Commander Dan-Sam, the Prague Flight Leader Kubajs, Shivaja and me. We were even joined by some other gamers, one of them a random player of Magic: The Gathering passing by and caught by us and the other a player of Warhammer 40k (and a friend of mine) whom we might have successfully gotten hooked for WOW.

Explosions were taken out of the damage decks, we did not use altitude.

Game 1:

Central Powers: 2x Austro-Hungarian Albatros D.III
Entente: 2x Italian Nieuport 17(A) - both flown by me

Result: Loss for the Italians, both shot down

Notable moments: me drawing flames for one of the Nieuports twice and being shot by a newbie who played for the first time, plus me twice taking a wrong turn due to it being upside down when chosen

Game 2:

Central Powers: 2x observation balloon, 2x AA MG (B), 1x Austro-Hungarian Aviatik Berg D.I (A) (all controlled by me)
Entente: 2x Nieuport 16(B), one with rockets, one with incendiary ammo

Result: one balloon shot down in flames (4 flame counters, one from rockets), one balloon successfully pulled down (rockets hit, but dealt 0 damage), both AA MG's damaged, the Aviatik suffered significant damage, the Nieuport with incendiary ammo was shot down by the Aviatik, the other Nieuport was heavily damaged

Notable moments: again, me drawing 5 flames (4 of them for one of the balloons), but my Aviatik luckily only suffered 2 point of damage from the flames, my Aviatik being hit by the blast of an exploding balloon, then both my AA MG's firing at an almost mortally damaged Nieuport and getting an epic 0's with gun jams

Game 3 (same as game 1):

Central Powers: 2x Austro-Hungarian Albatros D.III
Entente: 2x Italian Nieuport 17(A) (one of them flown by me)

Result: damn, I am not sure, I think both Albatross D.III's shot down?

Game 4 (WOWII - Pacific):

Axis: 2x Mitsubishi A6M2 Zeke (Kaneko and Sakai - Sakai was flown by me)
Allies: 2x Grumman F4F Wildcat
Result: Kaneko's Zeke was shot down, Sakai shot down both Wildcats

Notable moments: apart from one Immelman and about two other manouvres, I just kept circling at white speed and blasting away and amazingly, it worked - two kills for Saburo Sakai

Game 5 (scenario with stopping the advance of tanks):

Central Powers: 2x UFAG C.I (each carrying 4 bombs worth of 6 damage per bomb, one flown by me), 1x Fokker Dr.I
Entente: 1x Sopwith Camel, 1x Sopwith Snipe, 2x tank (each had 2x MG(A) and 10 points of damage capacity)
Scenario: the tanks had to use the road on the gaming mat, moving at one rulers width (cca 1cm) speed per manouvre. They had to reach the village on the mat. The tanks were vulnerable to bombs and MG's. Originally they could fire both its MG's even at long range, but it proved too powerful, so made it so that they could not fire if an airplanes peg was within short range of their guns. The rules for tanks might need some tweaking to make them reasonably strong for games without altitude

Result: all aircraft damaged, both tanks destroyed before they could reach their target, we did not finish the aerial combat since the game store was closing ta that time

Notable moments: we managed to hit the tanks 3 times with bombs (and several times with MG's), even if at least 2 of the bomb hits were partials worth of 3 damage points only, all three of our aircraft survived, when we finally had a camera, its batteries only lasted for 3 pictures and then died

Three pictures from the last game:

Flying Officer Kyte
02-10-2012, 02:28
Thanks for the fine AAR's. From having run repeated games over several hours myself, I'm not at all suprised that you had a memory black out about game three. that is usually the point at which inertia sets in. I usually find a sudden urge to have a G&T at about that time. It's wonderful how it perks you up for the rest of the day.
Inadvertently, you have solved a problem that I have had vis submarines movement on the surface. The use of the ruler sideways on for small incremental movements is inspired.
Thanks for the whole post including the pictures of the last game.
Rob.

flash
02-10-2012, 03:28
Well done Jan - you packed a lot into the five hours. :thumbsup:

Oberst Hajj
02-10-2012, 04:37
Sounds like a fun time, good job! Oh, I also fixed the photos for your... they were way too green!

Bluedevil
02-10-2012, 04:59
Nice report..looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

Tommy Z
02-10-2012, 07:52
Great report! I like the tank mission...I may have to borrow it!

Attila57
02-10-2012, 09:17
Well done! Nice report and pic. :thumbsup:

I would be too partisan if I said of course I liked the outcome of the Game 3!!:lol:

:FOK:

Attilio

Marechallannes
02-10-2012, 09:56
That's funny Watchdog,:)

Zirndorf Flight had a few matches yesterday, too.

Good report, nice pictures. :clap:

Hope I can reconstruct the sorties as good as you did.:eek:

That tankbuster mission sounds very cool!! :salute:

gully_raker
02-10-2012, 17:40
:thumbsup: Thanks Jan for those reports. Sound like you packed a lot of hectic fun gaming into that time.:D