PDA

View Full Version : Carriers and Battleships

John B
01-21-2010, 12:20
First off may I congratulate who uploaded the naval cards to the file section, they are first class.

But, there is always a but, is there any chance of getting some destroyers and cruisers to add a little air defence please.

John B. :D ;)

afilter
01-21-2010, 12:36
That s a great idea!

I also would like to thank the poster as I plan to use them at some point.

I a technology challenged though, so could someone tell me how to print them. I can only get them to come out on a single 8.5" x11" pic. I would like them bigger as depending on how high you are flying he scale should/could be much bigger.

Are there any instructions for using the AA as well?

John B
01-21-2010, 12:39
Try printing from photoshop or simular programme.

John B

Gravitypool
01-28-2010, 17:24
Hi, haven't seen the post. It was me who made and uploaded most of the ships. And yes, my next in list is doing some Fletcher class destroyers and some "Kaze" cruisers. But as i went on a naval spree lately i decided to do some more planes before continuing. My schedule for the moment goes: "Nate" - "Avenger" - destroyers

I always upload first on my blog http://aerofortress.blogspot.com/, but it's in spanish.

afilter
01-28-2010, 17:31
Hi, haven't seen the post. It was me who made and uploaded most of the ships. And yes, my next in list is doing some Fletcher class destroyers and some "Kaze" cruisers. But as i went on a naval spree lately i decided to do some more planes before continuing. My schedule for the moment goes: "Nate" - "Avenger" - destroyers

I always upload first on my blog http://aerofortress.blogspot.com/, but it's in spanish.

Excellent Blog!

I see we have another War at Sea fan as well ;)

If you do not mind I am going to add your site to the list of links I am working on in the hobby area.

Gravitypool
01-29-2010, 05:02
In fact i'm not a War at sea player, but i must admit i love the figs. I bought mines in a solidary event that rolls here in barcelona: 3 ship for 1 € (no matter the size). But i used them mostly to play Victory at Sea and as WoW scenario objectives.

Oberst Hajj
01-29-2010, 05:17
I think my LGS has some of these on the discount rack… might have to pick a few up.

afilter
01-29-2010, 06:20
In fact i'm not a War at sea player, but i must admit i love the figs. I bought mines in a solidary event that rolls here in barcelona: 3 ship for 1 € (no matter the size). But i used them mostly to play Victory at Sea and as WoW scenario objectives.

Yeah, we play a House rule version of War at Sea on a large map I built.
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq132/adfilter/WAS/DSCN0156.jpg

House Rules:
http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/about7382.html

I have aquired the Victory at Sea and Age of Dreadnaught rule sets. After reading I discovered our house rules have many similarities with V@S.

W@S is a nice beer and pretzels game out of the box, but we wanted a bit more while still keeping it simple for now.

My long term goal is to play V@S with the W@S mini as my boys get older. ;)

Gravitypool
01-29-2010, 07:00
Oh, so you are the perpetrator of that map. I've seen that on some war at sea forums.

afilter
01-29-2010, 09:08
Oh, so you are the perpetrator of that map. I've seen that on some war at sea forums.

Hmmm....I have been referred to as a "perpetrator" for many things, But never my gaming hobbies.:D

Gravitypool
01-30-2010, 16:13
Ok, maybe it wasn't the best word to describe it (XD). But either way you have my admiration and my thumbs up.

Gravitypool
02-05-2010, 17:30
Ok, as you called for them i rushed a bit so you now have a Fletcher and a Kagero class destroyer on the file section (as soon as our almighty Col approves the files). If you can't wait for them to be approved i will upload them to my blog tomorrow... i need some sleep. -_-

Oberst Hajj
02-05-2010, 18:31
New cards look really good!

afilter
02-05-2010, 19:06
Very Nice...Thanks!

richard m schwab
02-07-2010, 04:10
I recently downloaded Arron`s Japanise Aircraft Carrier Akagi Mission Card.
I intended to use in my second game at the Williamsburg Muster yesterday. The storm that hit Friday hit the convention attendance hard, a third of the gamers last year were from the D.C. and Maryland areas and they stayed home. As did anyone north of there.
I had 6 players for the first game and we had a good time. I set up for the second game and had some good comments on Arron`s carrier and told everyone to have a seat. I had no takers and packed up to free the table. I told everyone who asked about the carrier to go to the site and told them to join. I will post some photos later.

Bigman
04-16-2010, 05:47
I agree the ship cards are brilliant. any chance of doing some German ships? I am about to run a short campaign themed around the raids on shipping in the channel as the start to my BOB campaign!

OberstOz
04-18-2010, 19:22
And if anybody is taking requests on which ship to do next, I'd like to recommend the UK tribal-class destroyer, HMS Gurkha, which was sunk by German airpower during the invasion of Norway.

richard m schwab
04-19-2010, 13:20
Arron I just looked up HMS Gurkha. Interesting reading, it would be a nice addition if someone would make one.

Rich