PDA

View Full Version : Balloons, Rockets and Machine Gun Fire

Dwarflord22
01-29-2012, 11:04
I just played my first solo scenario with an observation balloon and have the following question:

Can a plane fire its machine guns in the second manuever phase after it fired its rocket? The rocket was fired in the previous phase. I didn't find anything in the FAQs.

I would assume not since it would be firing in the same path as the rockets en route to hit the balloon. However, maybe it could fire at another target in its arc of fire? :confused:

Flying Officer Kyte
01-29-2012, 12:31
The simple answer is yes as it states in Balloon Busters P4 " Players may fire machine guns or rockets but not at the same time."
Rob

Dwarflord22
01-29-2012, 12:35
The simple answer is yes as it states in Balloon Busters P4 " Players may fire machine guns or rockets but not at the same time."
Rob

Thank you Sir! :salute:

sparty
01-30-2012, 12:29
Out of curiosity, what are the firing mechanisms for the various types of rockets? IIRC there was a hand rocket akin to a firework, but how were mounted rockets fired? Really long match and comical desperation?

Kaiser
02-01-2012, 11:18
The Le Prieur rockets where fired electrically. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Prieur_rocket