PDA

View Full Version : Shops in London

Nillopillo
01-19-2010, 14:41
Hi all

Me and the wife are going to London i 2 months time, 3 day trip...

I was looking for shops on the internet where i could find game related stuff, not only Wings of War but also Flames of War and board games and stuff like that...

We'll be staying at the Rose Court Hotel, near Marble Arch - could any one direct me to a few shops of interest in the area... just name the shop and the address then i should be able to find it.

Thanks alot

Best regards
Niels

SoldierSteve
01-20-2010, 02:32
Hi Niels

Take a look at this link. It may help you.

www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/201008/shops-in-london

Regards

Steve

Rum Demon
01-21-2010, 11:01
I was in London just under a year ago and stumbled into a couple of game stores. I remember one was out front of THE Royal Museum. On Museum street... You really should hit the Royal Museum, it's pretty amazing, and like all the museums there: FREE! Oh, and south of the river is the Imperial War Museum which I'm sure you're already planning on seeing.

For game stores, go to maps.google.com and search: "London". When that pops up, search: "games" and voila! Good results.

have fun,
Joe

SoldierSteve
01-22-2010, 05:11
I was in London just under a year ago and stumbled into a couple of game stores. I remember one was out front of THE Royal Museum. On Museum street... You really should hit the Royal Museum, it's pretty amazing, and like all the museums there: FREE! Oh, and south of the river is the Imperial War Museum which I'm sure you're already planning on seeing.

Joe

I think you probably mean the British Museum. The shop is called Playin' Games. If you follow the link in my previous post it will take you to a picture of it:) The nearest tube stations are either Tottenham Court Road or Holborn (pronounced ho-burn). Alternatively you could walk there from Marble Arch. Just go east along Oxford Street for about 1 1/2 miles until you get to Museum Street. Keep a tight reign on the wife though or she'll be popping into all the fashion shops on the way:eek:

Rum Demon
01-22-2010, 07:54
Doh! Yes, The British Museum. What a great place! Like The Met in NY, I found there wasn't enough time in the day to appreciate it all. We had lunch in the Museum Tavern across the street. I watched rapt in jealousy as a couple of fellows two tables over unboxed and began playing some new board game. I could really get used to living in an area like that...

-Joe

Nillopillo
01-22-2010, 10:52
I'm now ready to game shopping in London :)

br.

Niels

Guntruck
07-07-2010, 14:53
I think you probably mean the British Museum. The shop is called Playin' Games. If you follow the link in my previous post it will take you to a picture of it:) The nearest tube stations are either Tottenham Court Road or Holborn (pronounced ho-burn). Alternatively you could walk there from Marble Arch. Just go east along Oxford Street for about 1 1/2 miles until you get to Museum Street. Keep a tight reign on the wife though or she'll be popping into all the fashion shops on the way:eek:

Sadly, Playin Games is no more. Went past their shop today and it is empty. :(

NeilCFord
07-07-2010, 15:59
That's a shame as the shop has quite a history. That really leaves just Orcs Nest in Central London.

- Neil.