PDA

View Full Version : WGF: "Series 5" Update!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Oberst Hajj
01-11-2012, 09:18
More info from my sources says that we will have the "Series 5" minis on the shelves before the re-print of "Series 1" are back. That means we are looking at having all new planes before May/June!

I am trying to confirm if the these will still be the planes in that release:

Morane Saulnier N
Fokker E.III
Airco DH.2
Halberstadt D.III

Have a nice day and fly safe!

Oberst Hajj
01-11-2012, 09:43
Just confirmed, those are the planes to be released.

Attila57
01-11-2012, 09:48
;)Caproni, Gotha and Series 5. I'm relishing the prospect of them

David Manley
01-11-2012, 09:55
That means we are looking at having all new planes before May/June!

So maybe available by Christmas :)

Good news at last!

itchy
01-11-2012, 10:00
It would be great to have a exact date but so long as they appear I can wait.

flyingryno
01-11-2012, 10:19
Oh happy days

Flying Officer Kyte
01-11-2012, 10:38
Well at least we are better off than last year where we were wondering if there would ever be any more planes at all.
Rob.

usmc1855
01-11-2012, 10:48
Outstanding! I'm really looking forward to the early war aircraft. The DH2 saw action from Feb 1916 into early/mid 1917. RFC Sqdns 24 and 32 where still flying these until June of 1917 when they replaced them with Airco DH5s.

Nightbomber
01-11-2012, 10:50
Great news indeed. It is the best choice they could made for a good start with new planes and new, early period of the war.

Alexandre
01-11-2012, 11:56
I want to see Hariot and the Schuckert D.III/IV.

Willi Von Klugermann
01-11-2012, 12:22
I guess we will still have to contend with inflated ebay prices until the prior series are reissued. :brickwal:

LingSter
01-11-2012, 12:37
Pics! We need someone to fly a scouting mission to get some good pictures of them!

RECON!!!

gundam40
01-11-2012, 12:57
fantastic news! Can't wait! :D

csadn
01-11-2012, 13:51
Morane Saulnier N
Fokker E.III
Airco DH.2
Halberstadt D.III

Note to self: Do not play Series 5 on anything bigger than a clipboard.... :)

Niclas
01-11-2012, 14:43
Just as I had started to use the lack of new minis as a way to fight the addiction...
Well there's nothing for it - gotta have 'em!

/Niclas

flash
01-11-2012, 14:49
That is good news indeed - I'll believe it when I see it though, been here too many times before !

Oberst Hajj
01-11-2012, 14:55

I think we are going to start seeing a better release cycle from Ares. From my conversations, I thing they are just getting there feet under them. The long term plan is to go to a smaller new release instead of 12 new planes (including paint jobs) all at once. These small release will come more often, so there will be small amounts of planes to buy through out the year. For the time being, they are going to continue to release them in sets of either 4 small aircraft or 2 large ones.

wargamer
01-11-2012, 16:08

Good news at last!

optimists :(

Archidamus
01-11-2012, 16:31
Good news - although I'll have to persuade SWMBO that the cost is minimal compared to the telescope upgrade she has just authorised :)

redcoon2
01-11-2012, 16:42
Last year it was "will there ever be anymore?" and now its more "when will there be any?" tap-tap-tap-tap-tap(yawn)...more tapping....

bsmith13
01-11-2012, 18:31
I am very excited! Of course, I knew that new minis would soon appear because I only need MvR to complete series 1-4. I found a brick and mortar store in SoCal that had the rest of what I needed at a really good price.

gully_raker
01-11-2012, 18:38
:thumbsup: This is really great news!
I am pleased that the new early war models will be released before the reprints as there should be more buyers for new aircraft & that should ensure Ares get a good sale rate.;)

Flying Officer Kyte
01-12-2012, 01:14
I think we are going to start seeing a better release cycle from Ares. From my conversations, I thing they are just getting there feet under them. The long term plan is to go to a smaller new release instead of 12 new planes (including paint jobs) all at once. These small release will come more often, so there will be small amounts of planes to buy through out the year. For the time being, they are going to continue to release them in sets of either 4 small aircraft or 2 large ones.

This remark gives me even more hope Herr Oberst, as the mention of Larger planes in sets of two shows that they are looking ahead to producing more than just the first two bombers, which is great news. in the meantime just imagine you are pilots at the front, thinking will these new types ever get here before we all get shot down in obsolete crates.
Rob.

Kaiser
01-12-2012, 01:16
Very good news! :)

BobP
01-12-2012, 16:03
Good news that it is in March and I hope that it comes true.

warrenn
01-12-2012, 16:09
yes thats all nice and well but what happened to the Albatross d2???

Dwarflord22
01-12-2012, 19:20
More info from my sources says that we will have the "Series 5" minis on the shelves before the re-print of "Series 1" are back. That means we are looking at having all new planes before May/June!

I am trying to confirm if the these will still be the planes in that release:

Morane Saulnier N
Fokker E.III
Airco DH.2
Halberstadt D.III

Have a nice day and fly safe!

Exciting news! Time to rebuild the hobby bankroll!! :thumbsup:

Boney10
01-13-2012, 05:54
Are we still loooking at the same schemes as previously stated ?

Oberst Hajj
01-13-2012, 10:04
Are we still loooking at the same schemes as previously stated ?

As far as I know.

Naharaht
01-13-2012, 19:01
Will the new models have manoever decks as revised by the committee or as originally assigned, please?

Zoe Brain
01-13-2012, 19:06
Will the new models have manoever decks as revised by the committee or as originally assigned, please?

Contact the authors. It can't hurt.

sparty
01-19-2012, 08:40
This is great news. It's hard to get people to show up when the product is hard to find. Getting it on shelves will be key for Ares. They've made good moves to get those distribution channels open, but now they'll have to reach into some still untapped big markets like Germany.

kaufschtick
01-19-2012, 08:52
Exciting news! Time to rebuild the hobby bankroll!! :thumbsup:

Oh boy, looks like I'm going to have to start robbing gas stations in the Columbus area again...:eek:

The Cowman
01-19-2012, 09:21
Oh boy, looks like I'm going to have to start robbing gas stations in the Columbus area again...:eek:

Try Florists around Valentines Day.... much better yield...

alpine
01-20-2012, 11:45
Woot Woot! Great news again Keith. So much excitement going on!

Baron Rolf
01-25-2012, 11:56
Cool that's the best news ever .

HTRAINo
01-27-2012, 15:52
The ARES website isn't exactly 'loaded' with previews or even a pre-order option to secure the 'New Batch'. The E-shop isn't online yet (and it's been some time).
They need to start marketing these blighters with some juicy pics of future releases. The Gotha and Caproni aren't my cup of tea tbh, but they do look ok (Gotha paint job looks better imo).

If anyone from ARES sees this, please forgive my ranting. It is meant in a constructive manner.

P-51D
01-28-2012, 17:05
Very cool

Shiraz68
02-03-2012, 12:45
Cant wait - love the early war planes!

Grey Knight
02-05-2012, 06:38
counting the days...

Doug
02-09-2012, 02:49
I have heard they will be out in April but even if it is May I can wait! I am realy looking forward to these models. I think 2 of each for starters:thumbsup::minis::thankyou:

BobP
02-09-2012, 12:55
Well guys I ranted in another thread so have mellowed out (having a few Yuenglings) so accept what happens happens.

Pseudotheist
02-17-2012, 13:40
They've started the "previews" (http://www.aresgames.eu/2788)

Oberst Hajj
02-17-2012, 15:44
Key points:

The three versions of the Fokker E.III to be featured in the first Airplane Packs of WW1 Wings of Glory are planes flied by Max Immelmann, known as the first ace of WW1, Ludwig Hautzmayer, pilot of Austro-Hungary empire, and Hans Joachim Buddecke, a German ace who took part of a successful campaign in Turkey.

bsmith13
02-17-2012, 21:31
I remember a reference to a new distribution system, so that instead of one mass release of 12 planes at a time, the releases would be more often with fewer planes per release. Will that be the case with Series 5? Are we to infer that all three E.IIIs will constitute the first wave of Series 5?

Flying Officer Kyte
02-18-2012, 01:00
I think that they said somewhere that series 5 would be as is Brad. I think the changes will come later, maybe with the re releases, but I'm sure the Oberst will be able to answer you more fully.
Rob.

Marechallannes
02-18-2012, 01:37
They've started the "previews" (http://www.aresgames.eu/2788)

Thank you for the update, Todd.

Hautzmayer included in the first wave? Great!

:clap:

Hunter
02-18-2012, 03:14
That is good news indeed - I'll believe it when I see it though, been here too many times before !

Right.

Rick57
02-18-2012, 11:39
To whom this may concern:

"Wings of War" vs. "Wings of Glory". Re-releases of the previous series? Will they be different or the same planes with a different manufacturer? How different will they be? Series 5 released "as is". Smaller releases more often. New rules? Will it include all of the previous released rules? -OR will it be a slow release designed for us to pay the most for it?

I am sorry, but I find this all to be very confusing. I cannot admit that I understand what is going on. We have to go to this thread and maybe that thread and then a few posts in a third thread to find any kind of a picture of what might be really happening. -And then we really cannot be certain because I am not clear on who is really making the announcement. Is what they're posting third hand information or are they really someone who knows? Do they really know? I cannot tell.

I'd like to make a friendly suggestion. Can the author or maker (-or whatever) of Wings of Glory start a sticky thread that only they can access so as to properly announce (in a comprehensive manner) what will be released? A single location to find out what is going on rather than sifting through all of these different threads. Everything seems to be spread out all over the place.

Maybe Oberst Hajj can run this the (official) sticky thread.

Don't get me wrong. I love Wings of War. I have at least one of every product released so far. Its a terrific game. I just want to continue with Wings of Glory and I don't want to miss out on anything because of the confusion.

Respectfully Yours,
Rick

Flying Officer Kyte
02-18-2012, 12:53
Sorry to add to the confusion Rick, but if you look at the Ares own site, you will see thir official comunications. The rest comes from Andrea, who is the Game originator, so knows as much as any of us. The Oberst gets info direct from the horses mouth and the rest of us just speculate or make advised guesses based on the info and our past experiences. You may as well try to stop the planets as try to stop speculation I'm afraid.
The best thing to do is just chill out :FOK: :sleep: and wait for the planes to hit your local store.
Rob.

Pseudotheist
02-18-2012, 19:59
To whom this may concern:
Respectfully Yours,
Rick
Rick, if you're looking for only the "official" word, your best bet is probably the company site:
http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products
I believe they also have a facebook page, if that's your taste and times being what they are...

Rick57
02-19-2012, 14:53
Thanks Rob and Todd.

Patience is golden.

:)

Jager
02-19-2012, 15:18
OK, with you guys having the same avatar, it's like reading a conservation with Rosencrantz and Gildenstern (Hamlet).
Karl

Flying Officer Kyte
02-20-2012, 00:59
OK, with you guys having the same avatar, it's like reading a conservation with Rosencrantz and Gildenstern (Hamlet).
Karl

Made me laugh karl.
Rob.

Zoe Brain
02-20-2012, 04:04
A new T card deck... possibly a U (enlarged G) card deck... and a few tweaks to the aircraft in the "Immelman" pack.

Current Decks:
Slow Base Deck G (Fokker E.IV, DH2, Halberstadt D.III)
R + a little agile (Nieuport 16)
P + a little more agile (Fokker E.III)
E + somewhat agile (Nieuport 11, SS D.I)

From Andrea:

Now, as you know the lenght of the arrows on the maneuvre cards has been fixed with a very simplified criteria - on the top speed of the planes. Here the list, with the relative decks:

Very very slow speed (straight is 40% of the card) 121-140 km/h, XA XD

Very slow (50%) 141->160 km/h, E G P R XB XC

Slow (60%) 161->180 km/h, D I J K

Average (80%) 181->200 km/h, B C F H L M O Q S

High (100%) 201 or more, A N

Names are a bit different from yours - they are just the ones I used in internal work with Nexus for Famous Aces and then extended, but this is not relevant of course.

XA, XB and XC are shortened to match the longer airplane card/base. I would not use them for regular plane card since curves are distorted and lenghts do not really match the ranges.

Sometime we simplified and put planes that were just near to the limit of a range in the nearest one - Sopwith Camel has been put in the same speed range than the Dr.I, the E.IV (even because of its maneuvrability problems) in the same range of the E.III. But in the future I'd rather correct that in the future, putting them back in their real ranges.

Another note: backs have been made identical so that you can make decks mixing the cards from different ones. This can help designing brand new decks if you need. You did a great job with the actual maneuvre decks, but let's see what can be done with the freedom to make new ones.

So this was your suggestion:
G - E.IV - the worst of the bunch.
R - E.III and Morane N - better than an E-IV, but that's not saying much
P - DH-2, N-16 and Halberstadt. The Halberstadt was regarded at better than an E-III and as with the DH-2, soldiered on for some time.
E -The N-11 and SS d.1 (NO CHANGE) as they had better manouverability than the rest.

This is what I would do instead:

G (or enlarged G) - E.IV - the worst of the bunch.
T (G with non-steep sideslips, or R without 2 sideslips) - E.III and Morane N

P - DH-2 and Halberstadt.

R - Nieuport Ni.16 (NO CHANGE) and SS D.1.

E -The N-11

The new maneuvrability for E.III, Morane Saulnier N, Airco DH2 and Halberstadt D.III can be used for the new line of miniatures on the spot. I am writing to Ares today to give them these updated guidelines.

The other planes can be further investigated - these are not to be reprinted very soon.

Thanks again for all your assistence, and all the best!

Today, as I told you, I would put the E.IV in the 60% speed range (161/180 km/h). It will then have a new deck, then, that could be a G scaled up to 60% - or, if you prefer to see it from another point of view, a basic S penalized with one "steep" symbol on a right sideslip and another on a left one. Notice that higher speed can be an advantage, but it also mean less agility - turning ranges with the standard 60° turns increase. In the meantime, players wanting to use existing decks can go on using the G one.

That it would probably be the perfect one even in the future for the experimental 3 machineguns E.IV, if we want to make an exception and consider the additional weapon in the manoeuvre deck choice.

The wing loading and power-to-weight ratio, both similar for the E.III and Morane Saulnier N (both a bit higher for the Morane, let's say again compensating them) support the idea to give both the same deck. If your intention is to have it better than the G of the E.IV but worse than the Ni.16, I would probably create a new deck. I'd say a very standard deck - let's call it T - that is a G with no restrictions on the sideslip, or if you prefer a R without the third sideslip on each side, or if you prefer a shortened S. It seems to me the best way to accept your suggestions without giving up the idea to keep the R for "not well developed Nieuports" that you still find more maneuvrable than the monoplanes, but that I prefer not to have the broad sideslip. Besides, a T deck made in that way is more clearly worse than the P, fort the reason I was saying at the start of the email.

Attachment showing manoeuvre decks:

Guntruck
02-20-2012, 04:09
Power to the People! Right on Sista! :thumbsup::D

Oberst Hajj
02-20-2012, 04:44
Am I reading this part correct:

Sometime we simplified and put planes that were just near to the limit of a range in the nearest one - Sopwith Camel has been put in the same speed range than the Dr.I, the E.IV (even because of its maneuvrability problems) in the same range of the E.III. But in the future I'd rather correct that in the future, putting them back in their real ranges.

The Camel will be slowed down to match the Dr.I now??

Zoe Brain
02-20-2012, 04:45
The new E-IV "extended G" deck is basically the unofficial rules committee's J* deck, only making one of the two remaining sideslips on each side steep. This new (provisionally allocated to "U") deck will replace our J* deck.

Zoe Brain
02-20-2012, 04:48

I don't know. Re-prints of existing planes will be "not soon".

Oberst Hajj
02-20-2012, 04:55
Yes, I noted the "not soon" remark. What strikes me more is that he says he is contacting Ares "today" (not knowing the date of the email) about the changes to the supposed to be out in May Series 5 planes. Seems like cutting it close for a product that only has 2.5~3 months before it is supposed to be on the shelves.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-20-2012, 05:48
It all seems very enigmatic to me Zoe. We have certainly made our point, but to what effect can only be seen when the cloth is removed. It should keep this debate alive for some time to come. Hopefully just about 3 months.
Rob.

Zoe Brain
02-20-2012, 06:11
"Today" means today. I relayed this info within 30 mins of receiving the e-mail

Pseudotheist
02-20-2012, 08:47
Am I reading this part correct:

I'm really curious about that too. The Camel was clearly stated as being unable to keep up with it's contemporaries (most of the other planes in it's speed class), excepting the Dr.1, but putting it in the same speed bracket as the Dr.1 would mean it couldn't overtake that pane either. The difficulties of simplification...

Oberst Hajj
02-20-2012, 08:59
I've personally always thought the Dr.I was a little to slow. The best option would be a new, slightly increased speed deck for the DR.I, but still slower then the Camel.

Mike George
02-20-2012, 10:00
I got a chill running down my leg and at my age I don't kwon what to think until I look. They can't come soon enough.

rote Flügel
02-20-2012, 10:32
with all these new decks coming about what is gonna happen to the old decks.. seems like the J deck is getting some revamping and I'm all for that, I have felt the J is rather limited.. I think most of these planes have been really.. will we be using a new deck for all these planes or shall we continue to use our old stand bys... just kinda curious here..

Flying Officer Kyte
02-20-2012, 11:03
Having invested my money in over 130 decks, many of which were bought as extras for Skytex or other non Nexus aircraft, you can guess which way I'm going to jump. Some of the committee's amendments only mean amending the deck for a plane or at worst buying one of the new ones for a single model, but where it means purchasing say 30 new decks for all the Camels it's a non starter.
I have been down this route with Games Workshop and it is not going to happen again.
I have all I need to play the game now with the current rules.
Rob.

csadn
02-20-2012, 13:02
This problem could have been alleviated long ago with the approach I took to the _Crimson Skies_ crossover: *One* manuever deck, containing all possible maneuvers; plane stats which restrict the plane to a subset thereof.

And the words "design by committee" -- need I say more?

Doug
02-21-2012, 01:11
Note to self: Do not play Series 5 on anything bigger than a clipboard.... :)

I agree Chris had a few games with early war types, one WoW mat is big enough:thumbsup:

Boney10
02-21-2012, 01:34
I have a collction of over 200 planes, of which roughly 33% are official models.
The rest I have bought extra decks or printed off from the files.
No way am I buying new decks to cover the ones being changed Im afraid.
Whats going to happen to the boosters already released etc, for example the Immelamnn booster has G for Halbs & DH2, yet it seems they now going to be P so thats most of that booster a waste of rations now( yes I now that it has 2 P decks in it as I bought a few sets for extra G decks, Im talking about the aircraft cards).
Im all for the rules commite making things more accurate and it seems Aries is listening to the punters, but for me the practicality of it seems a bit harsh. I did expect the current official kit to be left alone and new stuff to be done more in line with the thinking.
If these changes occur I dont think Aries will be posting a file for existing decks to be upgraded and a re-buy to cover all my collection is a no go
Just my 2d :)
Keep up the work Rules commitee this is nothing to do with your excellent work :)

David Manley
02-21-2012, 01:46
purchasing say 30 new decks for all the Camels

Wholesale changes to existing aircraft are certainly not going to win Ares any friends. I'm a bit more relaxed about the aircraft that haven't been released as models yet, but I'm dead against mucking about with those that have, and with amending existing decks (other than leaving out a few cards). We need to remember that WoW actually only has a passing resemblance to reality - making changes that will hack off the existing customer base for what may be a fairly tenuous benefit in terms of "realism" is probably not a good idea. We certainly don't want to end up like the followers of DBA, where the current "debates" about v2.2 and v3.0 are likely to result in a schism (akin to the "AK-47 Classic" vs. "AK 47 Reloaded" issue).

Also, as I recall, there were comments from Ares from the outset that the new version and the old would be 100% compatible, and that players with old kit would be able to use their stuff with the new. if there's a risk, for example, of old Camels being different from the new........

Zoe Brain
02-21-2012, 07:57
Whats going to happen to the boosters already released etc, for example the Immelamnn booster has G for Halbs & DH2, yet it seems they now going to be P so thats most of that booster a waste of rations now( yes I now that it has 2 P decks in it as I bought a few sets for extra G decks, Im talking about the aircraft cards)
Extra G decks?
Convert them into T decks by carefully whiting out the "steep" on 1 of the sideslips each side.
So they're good for Morane N's and Fokker E-IIIs.

Similarly the aircraft cards - alter P to T, alter G to P (except for the E-IV).

Personally, I think that may be the last of the changes, though a U deck would be handy.

This was the only major "our enjoyment of the game suffers because of it" issue we detected.

Here's all the official early-war aircraft available as cards:

Fokker E-IV 3-gun : UNCHANGED
Fokker E-IV 2-gun : Change from P to U, maybe, in future, but use G for now.
*Fokker E-III : P->G
*Morane N : P->G
*DH-2 : G->P
*Halberstadt D.I : G->P
SSW D.I : E->R

Those marked as * will be made available as models.

Diamondback
02-21-2012, 14:48
Also, as I recall, there were comments from Ares from the outset that the new version and the old would be 100% compatible, and that players with old kit would be able to use their stuff with the new. if there's a risk, for example, of old Camels being different from the new........
I might support an "Optional Variant Deck" for the more hardcore, along with several other decks for differently-engined models. (Say, a POS Liberty-powered DH4 where most of the engine's power is eaten by its great weight.) Operative word in deck-revisions being "Optional Variant"...

flyingryno
02-21-2012, 17:01
But it's so hard with that plastic burning my butt.

gully_raker
02-21-2012, 20:28
:D G'day All. In view of the above discussion I thought you might like to peruse the attached Manouver Deck comparisons.

I found it very interesting that Andrea mentioned the "Speed" of the XA, XB & XC decks were adjusted down to allow for the Larger Aircraft Cards that the Bombers will use.

This reinforces my thoughts that the Gunbus & BE2c need a Deck upgrade as their % of movement using the XC deck is too slow in comparison to the P & K Decks.
They should at least get the XD Deck in MHO.;)

jbmacek
02-28-2012, 05:01
So close, yet so far...

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1244989_lg.jpg

Oberst Hajj
02-28-2012, 05:14
Yep, just one or two quarters off!

Flying Officer Kyte
02-28-2012, 05:42
Oooo! John stop doing this. Just when I thought I had the tremors under control.
Pass the dried frog pills Kyte.
Rob.

bsmith13
02-28-2012, 07:00
Pass the dried frog pills Kyte.
Rob.

LOL!

Oook.

Read some Terry Pratchett if you don't understand. You'll be glad you did.

BobP
02-28-2012, 13:20
John Great picture. I almost cryed when I saw that photo. OH THE HUMANITY.

Coog
02-28-2012, 14:51
This is the first I've seen of Series 1 reprints. Not real sure but they appear to be:
Sopwith Camel - Stackard of 9 Naval Squadron
Sopwith Camel - One captured by Germans?
Fokker Dr 1 - Udet of Jasta 4
SPAD XIII - Madon of SPA38
Albatros DV - ?
Albatros DV - ?

Can anyone else identify them?

HTRAINo
02-28-2012, 15:55
Got 2 words for that pic if it's genuine... SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

I better get saving. ;)

bsmith13
02-28-2012, 16:58
Got 2 words for that pic if it's genuine... SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

I admit that I have AMCO. It sounds like you need a whole different clinic for THAT affliction...

I really like this picture - I'd like more, please.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-28-2012, 23:46
This is the first I've seen of Series 1 reprints. Not real sure but they appear to be:
Sopwith Camel - Stackard of 9 Naval Squadron
Sopwith Camel - One captured by Germans?
Fokker Dr 1 - Udet of Jasta 4
SPAD XIII - Madon of SPA38
Albatros DV - ?
Albatros DV - ?

Can anyone else identify them?

What you should have there Bobby is as you say, plus Spad Coadou, Albs. von Hipple and Jacobs, Dr I. Kirschten and Lothar von R. The captured Camel is Kissenberth if the original info is still correct.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
02-29-2012, 00:49
Note that there is not an Udet Dr.I coming. It's Kirschten's plane you seen in that photo... which Udet later flew and put the red LO! on the side of it.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-29-2012, 01:26
Note that there is not an Udet Dr.I coming. It's Kirschten's plane you seen in that photo... which Udet later flew and put the red LO! on the side of it.

Sorry I should have spotted that Herr Oberst.
Rob.

Boney10
02-29-2012, 01:37
Extra G decks?

Yes extra G decks, I have bought some Skytrex & Shapeways DH2 & Halberstats which were G Deck so I got extra Immelamn packs for the G decks :)

Doug
02-29-2012, 02:13
I agree with Barry about the using of the XD deck for all the slow types such as the Vickers gunbus BE2c and others for the whole of 1915 period. At least that's we will be doing at the club. In no way am I degrading the work of the Committee they have my full support but after what Andree has said, the comes a point where we have to run with what we have got and I think now is the time to do just that!

Zoe Brain
02-29-2012, 03:16
If you look at the tool we used to determine which decks to use - it's at http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=959

You'll see:
201+ - Very fast - A, N - 6cm
181-200 - Fast - B, C, F, H, L, M, O, Q, S - 4.7cm
161-180 - Average - D, I, J, K - 3.5 cm
141-160 - Slow - E, G, P, R - 2.9 cm
130-140 - Very slow - XD - 2.3 cm
100-130 - Sluggish - XB, XC - 2 cm
<100 - Pedestrian - XA - 1.2 cm

There isn't a lot of difference between XC,XB,XD - a total of less than 1cm over a 3-card move (of 24 to 24.9cm)

None of our sources had a Gunbus flying at even 120 kph. let alone 130 kph.

Time to get out our measuring sticks, to see just how long the arrows are on the XA, XB, XC, or XD decks. Andreas's remarks were based on the incorrect assumption that all aircraft using the XA and XD decks have longer bases.

HTRAINo
02-29-2012, 07:52
I only own the revised set and just over a dozen extra planes, so XA, XB, XC etc are fairly alien to me.

Hopefully the compatability won't suffer, and I am curious as to how the finished bases will look? The Gotha ones look kinda chunky (and dusty in the pic???) and although these may be prototypes painted up, they don't seem to display the arcs.

I am just hoping that they don't try and change them drastically.

Still, very juicy pic... keep 'em comin! :drinks:

David Manley
02-29-2012, 09:48
This may be of minor interest, but I've been email chatting with Ares and asked about the dreaded Kissenberth Camel. It seems it is too late in the day to change the scheme, so we are stuck with that.

However...

Ares plan a regular reissue of models and it would appear that the Kissenberth will not survive past the first "print run", and is likely to be replaced with something more useful.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-29-2012, 11:38
This may be of minor interest, but I've been email chatting with Ares and asked about the dreaded Kissenberth Camel. It seems it is too late in the day to change the scheme, so we are stuck with that.

However...

Ares plan a regular reissue of models and it would appear that the Kissenberth will not survive past the first "print run", and is likely to be replaced with something more useful.

So those of us with a need to own every plane ever issued had better make sure we get the first ones out then.:minis:
Rob.

Diamondback
02-29-2012, 12:43
If it's not too late, I would urge Andrea and Ares to slip an Udet card in with the Kirschstein mini--both men used the exact same aircraft, the only change Udet made to Kirschstein's markings was to paint his girlfriend's name on the bird as well. Perhaps a decal for Udet's 'LO!' markings applied over K's zebra-stripes?

Mikael
02-29-2012, 13:28
This is going to bee crazy. I hope they make a lot of planes for the first release because the pressure are built up now. Not only do I want the originals but also planes for repaint. My God , how should I explain this for my wife? Any suggestions?

BobP
02-29-2012, 14:11
Mikael use the excuse I use with mine. I am not our hitting bars and chasing women. Works for me.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-29-2012, 14:12
This is going to bee crazy. I hope they make a lot of planes for the first release because the pressure are built up now. Not only do I want the originals but also planes for repaint. My God , how should I explain this for my wife? Any suggestions?

Somewhere on here Mikael is a whole thread on how to smuggle aircraft past SWMBO.
Rob.

Mikael
02-29-2012, 14:36
Mikael use the excuse I use with mine. I am not our hitting bars and chasing women. Works for me.

That argument works only for myself when I want to buy an extra airplane "I can buy only this one if I only drink one beer at the pub next time), but to be honest I have lost that kind of argument with my wife before "You are lucky woman that you married me, I could have done much worse so let me buy some hobbystuff". No I have to go the other way around and spoil her for a while and then explain for her about the little qute airplanes of WWI and then she will let me buy them. Maybe just out of boredome. So no time to lose then, let´s start to spoil our girlfriends and wifes right away!!! I couldn´t see this one coming when I started out with WoW. Indeed WoG makes marvels with my sociallife :)

HTRAINo
02-29-2012, 15:01
I agree about the whole 'spoil her first' mentality, as it does work.

Found a nice pic showing samples of the base arcs

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5053/caproni.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/caproni.jpg/)

prob already on the forum somewhere? :surrender:

Mikael
02-29-2012, 15:07
Found a nice pic showing samples of the base arcs

prob already on the forum somewhere? :surrender:

I don´t care because the Caproni looks so good. I have preordered two Gothas, but still one caproni or two would be great :)

Beer&pretzels
02-29-2012, 15:08
BobP,
You are a real man of genius. I use the same line.

gully_raker
02-29-2012, 15:11
If you look at the tool we used to determine which decks to use - it's at http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=959

You'll see:
201+ - Very fast - A, N - 6cm
181-200 - Fast - B, C, F, H, L, M, O, Q, S - 4.7cm
161-180 - Average - D, I, J, K - 3.5 cm
141-160 - Slow - E, G, P, R - 2.9 cm
130-140 - Very slow - XD - 2.3 cm
100-130 - Sluggish - XB, XC - 2 cm
<100 - Pedestrian - XA - 1.2 cm

There isn't a lot of difference between XC,XB,XD - a total of less than 1cm over a 3-card move (of 24 to 24.9cm)

None of our sources had a Gunbus flying at even 120 kph. let alone 130 kph.

Time to get out our measuring sticks, to see just how long the arrows are on the XA, XB, XC, or XD decks. Andreas's remarks were based on the incorrect assumption that all aircraft using the XA and XD decks have longer bases.

:D Morning Zoe!
Did you check out the pic I posted in this thread (about 12 posts above your one) showing the pics of 4 Card speeds to compare: K, XC, XD & P/G (P/G are the same speed but P has 2 sideslips)
If you compare the percentage speed of XC to P/G it is far too slow. XD reflects far better 70 MPH to 83 MPH which was the E.III max speed.
In my opinion XC would only relate to about 55 MPH at the most. ;)
Anyway for ease of checking it out I attach it below.

Oberst Hajj
03-20-2012, 08:14
Looks like Ares is now showing "series 5" on the books for June officially now.

Doug
03-22-2012, 03:04
That's good it will give me more time to save more money for mins!

Flying Officer Kyte
03-22-2012, 05:38
Looks like Ares is now showing "series 5" on the books for June officially now.

Great. I'll order a few more of your bases ready for the event then Keith.
Rob.

Kaiser
03-30-2012, 01:55
Pictures of all the new aircrafts of Series 5 on the Ares homepage! :)

jbmacek
03-30-2012, 02:05
i.e., http://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-wings-of-glory-line/ww1-wings-of-glory-airplane-packs

Kaiser
03-30-2012, 02:08
Sorry forgot the link.
Interesting are the change in Maneuver Decks used. And Ares intruduced the T-Deck.

Diamondback
03-30-2012, 02:09
OOHRAH! We're Back In Business! Props to Keith and the IT team...

jbmacek
03-30-2012, 02:14
Sorry forgot the link.
No worries, you were doubly excited by this and the forum being back up.

Interesting are the change in Maneuver Decks used. And Ares intruduced the T-Deck.
Good news. Now the DH.2 should be able to win against the Eindecker.

Wheeling Turn
03-30-2012, 02:21
Cool the forum is back...
The news look promising, hopefully the new models are to arrive soon.
New decks??? I do not care too much about new decks. A deck with every plane, and hey we use planes also from skytrex but to be honest normally there are no more than 4-8 per side on the table and that works fine with the decks from models not used. So far it is ok for me. Maybe some new boosters will arive in the not too distant future with some decks to bolster my deck collection

Raege
03-30-2012, 13:58
Sweet I like the look of em all and cant wait to run some early war matchups

Carlos von C
03-30-2012, 14:33
10 Health on the Morane Saulniers is gonna be nasty though. I can see them dropping en-masse to Archie and even observer fire.

Diamondback
03-30-2012, 14:37
Carlos, that's 'cuz their only real contemporaries are the should-be-similarly-weak Eindeckers... it'd be no more fair to put either up against even a Nieuport 17 than it would be to put anything from WWI up against Airwolf.

Carlos von C
03-30-2012, 20:50
First off, love that show. Second, yeah, makes sense. The Eindeckers do have the edge in health though, and the same maneuver deck, so theoretically they should always win (in a larger action, say 5 on 5, where the variance of the B-deck damage can be accounted for). Fokker scourge indeed.

P-51D
03-30-2012, 22:15
Nice looking models. Not my personal preference even for WWI planes, but they will be a nice addition to early war scenarios.

Polluxx66
03-30-2012, 22:40
Is it just me or do these look a little cartoony than previous releases from Nexus

flash
03-31-2012, 01:16
Think it maybe you but depends what you had in mind !

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSr9T9hQv9kqBV26QpPANvBOqUy6SLMNGn6XS8wUqcDUkMM64Wf

Seriously though, they always look a little different in the release photos than when they are in your sticky paw - maybe something to do with the lighting.?

Rabbit 3
03-31-2012, 03:15
Sorry to add to the confusion Rick, but if you look at the Ares own site, you will see thir official comunications. The rest comes from Andrea, who is the Game originator, so knows as much as any of us. The Oberst gets info direct from the horses mouth and the rest of us just speculate or make advised guesses based on the info and our past experiences. You may as well try to stop the planets as try to stop speculation I'm afraid.
The best thing to do is just chill out :FOK: :sleep: and wait for the planes to hit your local store.
Rob.
If you dont know already Rick the new Ares site is at
http://www.aresgames.eu/
Some nice pictures of the new releases have turned up recently.

somaliavet
05-30-2012, 13:13
This on the Ares Facebook page:47440

"The final production samples of the new WW1 Wings of Glory Airplane Packs have passed final QC in our office, and the shipment is on its way to the USA!"

(Sorry UK players, looks like these might be on the streets of the USA before you can buy a Bomber Pack over there.)

Boney10
05-30-2012, 13:17
Nooooooooooo grrrrr not even a glimmer in UK for the bombers, what chance we got for these :(

James Denberger
05-30-2012, 15:36
Well Gents,

If the arrival and sale of all the new Ares planes continues here in the U.S. first, the economy can't help but improve! :cheezy:

Sorry, had a moment there.........:slysmile:

James

wargamer
05-30-2012, 16:37
Well Italy and China will have a improvement in their balance of trade, so their economy should improve (not gonna get into the methods that the numbers will not reflect these due to normal political procedures). But they will do so, at the expense of the north american budgets.

Well Gents, If the arrival and sale of all the new Ares planes continues here in the U.S. first, the economy can't help but improve! :cheezy:

Sorry, had a moment there.........:slysmile:

James

csadn
05-30-2012, 16:54
Nooooooooooo grrrrr not even a glimmer in UK for the bombers, what chance we got for these :(

So, in essence: The Americans buy the airplanes, then resell them to the British? Gee, where have I heard *that* before? >;)

David Manley
05-30-2012, 22:15
Sorry UK players, looks like these might be on the streets of the USA before you can buy a Bomber Pack over there.

For a European company I think their distribution system and their inability to adequately support their European customer base is turning out to be a bit p**s poor! At least with nexus every got the odd release about the same time. This is just rubbish.

Belis4rius
05-30-2012, 23:28
I'm with David on this one,another string of broken promises. New rules, Series 5, bombers. Very poor treatment of a loyal fan base.

Flying Officer Kyte
05-31-2012, 00:09
So close, yet so far...

http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1244989_lg.jpg

Still so near yet so far for us here in the U.K.
After the euphoria of Sheffield Triples has now had two weeks to calm down, I can't but wonder if the new keen punters that we excited will have the staying power to wait for the release date, or move on to pastures new.
We all know how fickle some Wargamers are.
Ares are losing sales already, and even I have gone to the good old US. of A. for mine.
Rob.

Nightbomber
05-31-2012, 05:32
It's really strange. I bought my 4 new Ares bombers over a week ago at my country online store and got them in 24 hours. Wonder how the distribution system for Europe works...:erk:, but as for Poland, we have no reason to complain...

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?10258-Gothas-and-Capronis-have-just-crossed-Polish-airspace!&p=147992#post147992

Flying Officer Kyte
05-31-2012, 06:05
It's a dastardly plot sir. A dastardly plot I tell you.
They are going to make us capture all of ours as they fly over.
I shall write a strongly worded letter to the Times about this.
Ernest Able. (Acting CO. Bentangles Aerodrome. Somewhere in France)

somaliavet
05-31-2012, 06:12
Believe me, I really feel for you guys across the pond. I think Ares should be taking a good long look at how their distibution system works, and whom they get to distribute their product.

Boney10
05-31-2012, 06:38
Well for me they have lost the bombers sale. As for series 5 they pushing it now :(

James Denberger
05-31-2012, 07:18
It's not very far.......Maybe you guys should make a road trip to Italy, You know the old...."Honey, You've been cooped up for a while, let's go to Italy for a week!" :cheezy:

Turn key, start engine, flip switch on for hobby shop radar, push on gas................. :minis:

As a back up, don't forget the hard copy route itinerary with all the shops listed along the way!

James

Burt
05-31-2012, 07:34
Me too, I have gone the Shapeways route for bombers.
Might still buy some of the early fighter planes, but have already got some from other sources.
Depends on how much they are going to hammer us for cost as well.
Ares better get their act together before they lose more trade.

Well for me they have lost the bombers sale. As for series 5 they pushing it now :(

wargamer
05-31-2012, 08:21
Do some of you even read before you rant? 100% compatibility yes. No more non-mini version of the game. That means there is no intent of selling the card based version only , i.e. boosters, revision aircraft cards, etc. at this time or even possibly forever.

As a lot of you express so often, you buy non Wings product. So why should anyone support you in that? Mostly I read that most of you simply copy a set of cards and drive on. So now you have to get someone to photoshop you a set of revisions? tsk tsk, my heart fair bleeds for ya!

Flying Officer Kyte
05-31-2012, 08:51
Do some of you even read before you rant? 100% compatibility yes. No more non-mini version of the game. That means there is no intent of selling the card based version only , i.e. boosters, revision aircraft cards, etc. at this time or even possibly forever.

As a lot of you express so often, you buy non Wings product. So why should anyone support you in that? Mostly I read that most of you simply copy a set of cards and drive on. So now you have to get someone to photoshop you a set of revisions? tsk tsk, my heart fair bleeds for ya!

Hang on there a minute Al.
If we could get the product we would.
Being starved of aircraft for nigh on 18 months and then watching the rest of the World and his dog get supplied a month before we even see any signs of even being able to pre order over here is bound to sour off some of the players. I'm pretty mild myself, but even I have had to place my order in the States, with all the added cost that this entails.

You might not like the fact, but the truth is that we are losing prospective players because of it.
Rob.

Niclas
05-31-2012, 09:37
Do you really blame third party products for the decision not to produce card versions?
That seems a bit odd.
They might not get as good a margin on cards as on minis, but it would still be a sale wouldn't it.
Anyway, I'd be very surprised if any but relatively few hard core gamers would go all out and only buy third party planes - Not to mention also making their own cards.
Even if some customers augment their collection with non-official products, Ares could probably earn more by creating a loyal client base than by being stingy and not releasing a few booster card sets every now and then.

There. That was my 5 öres worth.

/Niclas

Burt
05-31-2012, 09:41
Al does like a good rant doesn't he.
Not sure what you are getting at.
I will still support WoG when they produce items that I want and like.
I have numerous WOW box sets, 60+ planes, 2 balloons etc
The only non standard items I have are some planes that WoG don't produce yet or are not available and I have printed of some plane cards from this site.
Don

Polluxx66
05-31-2012, 10:39
My local shops do not yet have the bombers as well. I was speaking to one of the owners and he was telling me that the distributors in Western Canada are hesitant to get the WoG products in until they have enough commitments from the stores. They are afraid of the stigma of Nexus and Wings of War.

Strangely Brown
05-31-2012, 10:39

The reason that we mostly have to source mostly non-Wings products is that mostly there are mostly no products in our market.

The UK is in itself not an insignificant market, (if the members of our flight is any yardstick), yet we seem to be left as 'Tail-Gun Charlie' when it comes to supply. (My sympathies extend to our antipodean cousins on this one, who do get a far sh*****r end of the stick).

We would all prefer the opportunity to purchase "originals", but to have to buy from overseas at inflated prices is, quite frankly, galling.

We are, however, lucky that in the UK we enjoy a wide base of alternatives suppliers, who are more than happy to fill in the gaps that Nexus (and now Ares) have consistently failed to capitalise on.

Having spent time trying to introduce potential players to the game it is frustrating, to say the least, to repeat over and over that "unfortunately you cannot get the "official" games or models (WWI) without paying over the odds and that is if you can find them".

The WGF items that are now available are supplied unsupported by a game system and though I concede the WGS system may be available, the supply is rationed.

We can all forgive the initial 'inevitable' delays that occur from trying to restart the production process and compliments where compliments are due, Andrea has gone further than most would have done. (:salute:, to you Sir) But, sadly, we seem to be returning to the dark days of Nexus: limited products, poor supply, inflating prices and that will lead us to the same old practices:

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I am, unfortunately, with Boney10 on this one, if Ares cannot deliver on their ambitions - 'Adapt and Overcome'. :salute:

Mostly I read that most of you simply copy a set of cards and drive on. So now you have to get someone to photoshop you a set of revisions?

P.S. Thanks for the offer, but I have enough decks without having to scan them in... but I do have a surfeit of altitude pegs. Mostly.

RJB
05-31-2012, 11:25
I'm with the blokes who say they are losing patience. :mad:
I only have a limited budget and, although I would be buying planes if they were available, my Macedonian 28mm army is being built up and the money will have gone to Warlord Games rather than Ares. Their loss.

Richard

Niclas
05-31-2012, 11:46
Now, if I'm to vent some frustration...
Admittedly, I'm in what could (probably even should) be called a marginal market, but I'm still annoyed that Ares hasn't bothered to push the fact that their minis are compatible WoW enough so that even my LGS don't get it. Every time I go in there to ask for the bombers (about once a day), I'm met by a new employee who says "Oh yes, pity about that, complete overhaul of the rule. No compatibility between the new and the old game". It seems that this has also made them cautious in ordering the stuff - The WWII WoG has come in, but only two of each. Now Stockholm isn't a very big city, but you would think that they could at least count on more than about one potential mini crazed gamer per million - or I'm I wrong?

/Niclas

Flying Officer Kyte
05-31-2012, 12:24
No Niclas you are right.
Rob.

csadn
05-31-2012, 15:09
It's not very far.......Maybe you guys should make a road trip to Italy, You know the old...."Honey, You've been cooped up for a while, let's go to Italy for a week!"

Funny -- I was about to suggest something similar; Azathoth knows, in the time it's taken so far, every British member of this Forum could have driven to Italy, bought the needed minis, come home, and gotten in at least one game.

As it is, tho': I think us Poor Benighted Colonials are going to have to set up an "arsenal of freedom" to help out the Mother Country -- again. :)

André
05-31-2012, 17:20
Talking about overlooked countries: Germany

Being financially in a way better situation than most other countries and having 80+ millions people living here (close to 100 million if you add Switzerland and Austria) you could think we would be treated better, but: Nada!
Many companies are so fixed on the angloamerican market that they overlook the millions speaking other languages in countries that have a lot of money to spend. Also, these days I have to check my credit card billing twice when buying in UK or USA... Can´t believe how much Dollars/Pounds you get these days for one Euro.

James Denberger
05-31-2012, 17:40
Gentlemen, (slipping into Old Sarge lecture mode...)
You really need to relax a little.

Please remember that Ares is making valient efforts to succeed in a very uphill battle, with limited funds and reliance on a manufacturor from a totally different continent half a world away. I'm also sure that Andrea and crew are well aware of the loss in sales they continue to acrue while trying to get things up and running efficiently. Ares business world dosn't work on our ingrained need for immediate satisfaction.

Yes, other models are out there, and Andrea has'nt made bones about liscensing all the reproduction and product created by our members using his system. So make your choices. If you need 1to 1 aircraft from 1914-1927 right this minute, then please frequent the other distributors and spend all your time building and painting your models. Trashing our favorite supply officer and his team, who are trying so hard to save our favorite game and provide us new models, is detrimental to our future gaming. Personally, I will continue to support Ares games, as well as other hobby dealers who support our needs to the best of my ability and finances.

If the distributors and your LGS are waiting to see the result of the new WOG sales before commiting, that is not Ares fault. Even our distributors and local dealers have only made minimal purchases to test the waters. If your local LGS still have WOW box sets and and aircraft floating around after all these months, you have no one to blame but yourselves for their hesitancy to start over. Team up, walk in, and offer to clear the old WOW off their shelves for a discount and give them an incentive to reinvest in Wings of Glory.

Stop whining, repeat your general orders 6 times, perform the manual of arms (think Hdqtrs BEF, France 1940) and get out there and fix your local problem.

Sincerely,

James (don's flying jacket and cap)

David Manley
05-31-2012, 21:38
Please remember that Ares is making valient efforts to succeed in a very uphill battle

But that is just the point. Ares is starting from a very unenviable position. As others have mentioned that have to overcome the stigma of Nexus and all its faults. Poor release schedules, poor distribution, poor availability etc. To come to market and apparently display a similar approach will win them no friends. They have to be better from the start precisely because they are facing that up hill battle.

I found myself in a similar situation some years back - a technical area, not a business one for sure, but I inherited a team and an area of responsibility where the previous incumbent had been, shall we say, less that great. The reputation of the team and its work was less than zero. So I had to work bloody hard to get around all the disgruntled ex-"customers" and influential people, much harder than any of the other team leaders, to show that the old ways were dead and buried, that we were back and we were a million times better. and then we backed that message up with hard work to ensure we delivered on that new message. That is what Ares has to do in these first few years.

So sitting in the US with 12-7 sending you models for a decent knock-down price saying "calm down chaps" is understandable but, IMHO, rather misses the point - that whilst a portion of the customer base can say "I'm alright jack, I'm inboard" there are many who can't, and who see the current situation as "same old same old".

James Denberger
05-31-2012, 22:46
David,

I can relate to your story, I've been in something similar since last July. My predecessor was hauled away in handcuffs :hmm: and I've suffered the underlying negativity ever since while trying to gain customer trust and regain lost customers.

You said:

"That is what Ares has to do in these first few years."

Good, I agree, :thumbsup: It's only been a couple of months and product is starting to move. Business Morale in this world wide economy is a fragile thing. The negative comments now appearing on this thread are not about the quality of the Ares product, But about the fact that Ares cannot control all the intangibles that hazard the product from manufacture,importing from the far east, and all the hassle that go's with it, through world wide distribution, and the hesitancy of the local retailer.

Anticipation is a pain, :envy: I was there until a few days ago when I finally scored a new WGF product right off the shelf. Come on guy's, please ease up a little, provide a little more vocal positive support, and knock down a few more enemy aircraft while patiently waiting for your turn at your LGS. :crash:

If you must complain, at least use a few more sarcastic smilies or something to lighten the message! :FOK:

Sincerely,

James

Diamondback
05-31-2012, 23:53
Every time I go in there to ask for the bombers (about once a day), I'm met by a new employee who says "Oh yes, pity about that, complete overhaul of the rule. No compatibility between the new and the old game".

Niclas, perchance are this guy's eyes brown? He sounds like he's full of brownware enough they should be...

(For the record, I have brown eyes myself and have had "you're so full of crap no wonder your eyes are brown" served up on me a few times... usually followed by a Gibbs-slapping with the facts from me.)

Bluedevil
06-01-2012, 01:09
@ Diamondback : "Gibbs-slapping"...:) Now I like that one:thumbsup:

Gentlemen .. There is light at the end of the tunnel! ( Only Belgians will get this one :p:p:p )... My favourite German supplier has put the Wings of War products on his site for pre-order...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now If I manage to convince ( :wafangry: :pray: )"the Colonel" of my need of more planes:minis:, it looks like I am finally going to be able to spend my hard-earned cash.:):):)

Flying Officer Kyte
06-01-2012, 03:36
@ Diamondback : "Gibbs-slapping"...:) Now I like that one:thumbsup:

Gentlemen .. There is light at the end of the tunnel! ( Only Belgians will get this one :p:p:p )... My favourite German supplier has put the Wings of War products on his site for pre-order...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now If I manage to convince ( :wafangry: :pray: )"the Colonel" of my need of more planes:minis:, it looks like I am finally going to be able to spend my hard-earned cash.:):):)

Well Alex, we can actually do Gibbs' slapping here on the Drome.:smack:

Rob.

Doug
06-01-2012, 04:10
It is just as bad in Australia, I have given up on Australian suppliers and now buy directly from the States, with the dollar near parity it does not cost much extra. Another thing is that the local games stores are being priced out of the market by the larger shops who have lower prices. I am all for supporting my local store, but the fact is I am a disability pensioner and have got to make every dollar count.:mad:

john snelling
06-01-2012, 09:38
I am glad they are coming. I have the money saved to buy them now.
P.S. I hope this site does not turn into the War At Sea one.

Diamondback
06-01-2012, 09:53
In what sense, John? Not to call you out, but if you mean Forumini, as a Mod over there I'm always interested in how to make the site more accommodating... The "official" WOTC forum... well, I don't know why they even bother pretending about it.

Coog
06-01-2012, 12:32
I wasn't aware of the Forumini site. We have been discussing War at Sea on the SoG Anchorage site. I posted a link to it there.

Rick57
06-02-2012, 15:27
I'd reccommend buying online from 12-7-Games and having them ship to the UK. It might be a LOT faster.

http://12-7-games.com/

(Or some other favorite US based seller.)

Doug
06-02-2012, 15:40
I'd reccommend buying online from 12-7-Games and having them ship to the UK. It might be a LOT faster.

http://12-7-games.com/

(Or some other favorite US based seller.)

Same for Australia and there cheeper too::cheezy:

Diamondback
06-02-2012, 20:33
Bobby, speaking as a Mod over there, bring your Nomex underwear... we have some real trolls and Munchkins who know how to stay JUST short of Admin letting me break out the Majestic Banhammer of Bastarddom, I'm afraid.

BobP
06-03-2012, 12:00
Just placed my order for Series 5. Hope it comes soon.

csadn
06-03-2012, 12:37
Bobby, speaking as a Mod over there, bring your Nomex underwear... we have some real trolls and Munchkins who know how to stay JUST short of Admin letting me break out the Majestic Banhammer of Bastarddom, I'm afraid.

First Rule Of Effective Trolling: Never use the word "you", or variants thereof -- "direct attacks" make it easy to justify bans.
Second Rule of Effective Trolling: Never tell them what you just told them -- making a specific point gives a Mod a hook from which to take the Banhammer. (This is why anyone using the phrase "just sayin'" needs to be annihilated utterly; "just sayin'" is code for "I've made my point; but if I say specifically what my point is, I can be Banned with justification".)

Take those two Rules, and enjoy hours of Banhammer-Free Trolling, with the bonus of knowing the Mods are hamstrung in their efforts to deal with you.... >;)

Jager
06-05-2012, 13:23
First Rule Of Effective Trolling: Never use the word "you", or variants thereof -- "direct attacks" make it easy to justify bans.
Second Rule of Effective Trolling: Never tell them what you just told them -- making a specific point gives a Mod a hook from which to take the Banhammer. (This is why anyone using the phrase "just sayin'" needs to be annihilated utterly; "just sayin'" is code for "I've made my point; but if I say specifically what my point is, I can be Banned with justification".)

Take those two Rules, and enjoy hours of Banhammer-Free Trolling, with the bonus of knowing the Mods are hamstrung in their efforts to deal with you.... >;)

Do you know these rules from observation or experience? I would hate to think that an apparently upstanding Aerodrome member like yourself engages in Trolling elsewhere.
(a bit touchy on this as we have an occurance on the FW Yahoo list right now).
Karl

BobP
06-05-2012, 14:09
Haven't been to the Forumini site in some time. Have to visit again soon.

csadn
06-05-2012, 17:04
Do you know these rules from observation or experience?

Both, actually -- mainly observation of what gets a troll banhammered; but there have been occasions when a particularly-annoying individual has desperately needed to be trolled into a conniption fit (usually with a eye to getting said nuisance Banned himself; for ex., the racist who never openly uses racist language, but instead posts articles with an eye to "showing" certain groups as being more prone to criminal or depraved behavior, usually followed by that puke-inducing phrase: "Just sayin'"; no, you're not "just sayin'" -- you're trying to make a point you know would get you tossed if you said it openly, and assuming that if you never make a concluding statement, no one will be able to tag you for it).

I would hate to think that an apparently upstanding Aerodrome member like yourself engages in Trolling elsewhere.

"Upstanding"? Me? [Snort, Derisive, 1 ea.]

I am in fact a Complete And Utter Bastard -- but only when I *want* to be; and thankfully this place has *never* given me cause to let rip with my Full-Throttle Bastardry. (What makes me a Particularly Effective CAUB is: Unlike the garden-variety troll, I know exactly how to avoid giving the Mods any rope with which to hang me -- see earlier remarks.) The one saving grace of Trolls: Like their namesakes, they are usually Not Very Bright, and can be easily disposed of.

All that said: I usually have to be a CAUB in those places where the Mods are either ineffective, or outright ignoring the problem until it brings the forum to a creaming halt; neither of these is true here, so I have no need to be a CAUB. Let's all keep it that way, OK? :)

Diamondback
06-05-2012, 17:34
And this is the nice thing about having an Accredited BOFH on the Mod Team: "We do it, so you don't have to"... LOL

Yeah, I just had to help chase a troll off another plane forum where I've been a longtime member... someone who I had specifically WARNED when inviting them over to not use a lot of the trolling antics they had openly bragged to me about using in IM.

Rick57
06-05-2012, 18:49
I was able to get my Richthofen Fokker DR I from a UK seller when they were selling for $60+US on ebay.

Does any country or region ever have to suffer in this global economy?

Wasn't the original WW1 Deluxe Set never even released in the USA???? The Revised Deluxe Set took a while, but it evenually got here.

It'll all get "here".

Flying Officer Kyte
06-06-2012, 00:07
:salute:Interesting though this is, can I just remind you chaps of the title of this thread, he said all innocently, because he never ever poached threads himself. It was always that Kyte fellow who did that.:cheezy: Just sayin!
Rob.

csadn
06-06-2012, 13:55
Wasn't the original WW1 Deluxe Set never even released in the USA????

Yup -- but it didn't stop me getting one. :)

I've had the same argument with LEGO Group's customer-service department a few times:

Me: "I'm missing a part from kit #[n]."
They: "Um -- that kit isn't even available in the US."
Me: "Does the word 'Internet' ring any bells for you?"
They: [*LONG* pause] "We'll have that part out to you in three to five business days, sir."

COMPLETE. AND. UTTER. *BASTARD*. >;)

Oh, and by the way, FO Kyte: [draws Vickers MG] [BLAM] WHAT [BLAM] DID [BLAM] I [BLAM] SAY [BLAM] A- [BLAM] -BOUT [BLAM] THAT [BLAM] PHRASE?[BLAM] :)

Diamondback
06-06-2012, 14:15
[Star Wars geekery] Sounds like some of my adventures trying to correct a design flaw in LEGO's UCS of Darth Vader's flagship Executor... the ship was always escorted by not less than five standard Imperial-II-class Star Destroyers, yet they only included one, and I'm still working on wangling the last few pieces I need to complete the other four.

Just built this year's mini Star Destroyer release, and it sucks--the one bundled in with the SSD is head-and-shoulders superior. [/SW geekery]

Flying Officer Kyte
06-06-2012, 15:06
Oh, and by the way, FO Kyte: [draws Vickers MG] [BLAM] WHAT [BLAM] DID [BLAM] I [BLAM] SAY [BLAM] A- [BLAM] -BOUT [BLAM] THAT [BLAM] PHRASE?[BLAM] :)

I may have mentioned it once Chris, but I think I got away with it.:)
Rob.

Rick57
06-06-2012, 17:01
OK. Series 5 has a June 2012 release. Hmmmmmmmm. When is that?

Oberst Hajj
06-06-2012, 18:24
Talking about overlooked countries: Germany Being financially in a way better situation than most other countries and having 80+ millions people living here (close to 100 million if you add Switzerland and Austria)

Careful, I think wars have been started that way! LOL

Niclas
06-07-2012, 10:55
Careful, I think wars have been started that way! LOL
Are you referring to Germans feeling overlooked, or the rather ominous annexation of Austria and Switzerland?

/Niclas

Diamondback
06-07-2012, 16:57
Niclas, that reminds me of a story about a Wehrmacht general visiting Switzerland...

He asked the commander of the Swiss militia, since his command outnumbered them 10 to 1, what the Swiss would do if Germany decided to "annex"....

The answer: "I and each of my men would shoot ten Germans and then go home for lunch." Maybe I'm just a sick puppy, but I thought it was an interesting (and plucky) reply...

James Denberger
06-07-2012, 17:06
Having driven through Switzerland in the 1980's while stationed in Germany. I don't think the Swiss would have had to work that hard. The mountain defenses throughout Switzerland are a wonder to see. Some go back as far as WWI or even earlier. I think the Germans would have called it quits about the time that corporals were leading the companies.

James

Diamondback
06-07-2012, 17:11
They also have an even more powerful defense: "Unless you want your numbered accounts seized you'll leave us alone..." LOL

Oberst Hajj
06-07-2012, 18:54
the rather ominous annexation of Austria and Switzerland?

/Niclas

Was what I was referring to... in jest of course.

BobP
06-23-2012, 10:55
Well 7 days left in June. Will Series 5 be here this month as stated? Crossed fingers but no matter when looking forward to these planes. I want to use these to teach the wife how to play so I can get more gaming in.

Rick57
06-23-2012, 13:26
If one looks at Ares Games Upcoming Products page you will see that Series 5 is now set for July 2012. :(

Boney10
06-23-2012, 13:50
If one looks at Ares Games Upcoming Products page you will see that Series 5 is now set for July 2012. :(

I'm not saying a word

Carl_Brisgamer
06-23-2012, 14:03

Looking on the bright side, I can now combine postage with the WW2 bombers and save $$$$$!

Cup half full, silver lining on the cloud, that sort of thing :hmm:

csadn
06-23-2012, 15:42
I'm not saying a word

I'm saying three words: "Read a newspaper." Do that, and you'll see why they can't make a release date.

clipper1801
06-23-2012, 15:53
Hmmm, I've got "new releases" every day. They need better elves . . .

Clipper in full production

PilGrim
06-23-2012, 16:01
Having driven through Switzerland in the 1980's while stationed in Germany. I don't think the Swiss would have had to work that hard. The mountain defenses throughout Switzerland are a wonder to see. Some go back as far as WWI or even earlier. I think the Germans would have called it quits about the time that corporals were leading the companies.

James

In 1912, Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany visited Switzerland. Observing Swiss army manoeuvres, Kaiser Wilhelm questioned what a ¼ million Swiss soldiers could do if invaded by ½ million German soldiers. The famous Swiss response was: “then everyone of us will have to shoot twice!”

Worthwhile remembering the Swiss are forbidden by international treaty from serving abroad EXCEPT as Papal Guards. The treaty is 500 years old, but no-one seems keen to change it. Best leave them to banking, cookoo clocks and chocolate because the alternative is pretty scary :-)

Boney10
06-24-2012, 01:12
I'm saying three words: "Read a newspaper." Do that, and you'll see why they can't make a release date.

What on earth are you talking about? What do reading newspapers have to do with release dates slipping, again.

wargamer
06-24-2012, 04:10
What on earth are you talking about? What do reading newspapers have to do with release dates slipping, again.

Well, as a suggestion... euro is dropping... payment to china is in what currency now? If china doesn't get paid why ever should they deliver to anyone?

Jager
06-24-2012, 04:33
Worthwhile remembering the Swiss are forbidden by international treaty from serving abroad EXCEPT as Papal Guards. The treaty is 500 years old, but no-one seems keen to change it. Best leave them to banking, cookoo clocks and chocolate because the alternative is pretty scary :-)

With due respect, I think you are recounting some old myths. The only treaty that comes to mind 500 years ago was a pact between the Swiss Cantons, and the French Crown giving the French a monopoly on hiring troops in the Cantons. This was in force through at least the end of the 2nd Bourbon restoration (Charles XII I think) in the 1820s-30s. There may have been clauses in the treaties of Vienna declaring Swiss Neutrality, but otherwise The only thing I recall is repeated statements of the same throughout the years. Of course the Mountains and virtually 100% citizen army helps too.
Karl

petitbilbo
06-24-2012, 04:48
Best leave them to banking, cookoo clocks and chocolate because the alternative is pretty scary :-)

Have a look at this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEOLonBfaD8
(it's in French, but the images speak for themselves!)

Fascinating! No? :eek:

Boney10
06-24-2012, 05:10
Well, as a suggestion... euro is dropping... payment to china is in what currency now? If china doesn't get paid why ever should they deliver to anyone?

Well I was under the impression from a different thread that the models were already on their way to the States. If that assumtion is wrong fair enough.
But dont worry I will not use this thread again

Burt
06-24-2012, 05:14
Fascinating, very James Bond.

Grey Knight
06-24-2012, 05:41
Very cool.

Rick57
06-24-2012, 13:46
Well I was under the impression from a different thread that the models were already on their way to the States. If that assumtion is wrong fair enough.
But dont worry I will not use this thread again

Um, what is soooo bad about using this thread. It is supposed to be about Series 5. Isn't it?

Its not about the Swiss or Charles XII or funny videos.

The way I see it, if a product isn't released on time, there has to be a reason. Its not like it is an offense to anyone's manhood or anything like that. A later release is really no big deal. Announce it and get on with living life. Sure, I'd like them now, but I (and so can everyone else) wait.

When the planes are released, we'll all be REAL happy.

I for one am VERY grateful for my hobby. Everything about it. The friends I've made. The history I've learned. I am grateful for what has been released so far and I look forward towards what will be released -whenever it is.

Cheers,
Rick

Flying Officer Kyte
06-25-2012, 06:15
No Rick,And it really matters not a jot to me either except for one very small matter.

Each day that goes by more and more people that we may have recruited at clubs, shows etc, are losing interest, and may be lost to other games systems which are readily available. Up the sharp end keeping having to make excuses for non arrival of products is getting a bit thin.
I can only imagine what the stockists are feeling like, but none of this is good news when it comes to Ares' attempt to convince the public that it had put the failures of Nexus to bed.
Rob.

PilGrim
06-25-2012, 09:18
I know what you mean. We need the rules pack and the new Series 5 minis to arrive together and soon if we are going to be able to demo a package that can attract new players.

BobP
06-25-2012, 13:19
Look at it this way. July is just 6 day away. Not that long. :) Keep a happy face. I went through this with WWII Series 3 so now have to keep a zen mode about the releases.

somaliavet
06-25-2012, 15:38
I can't say I am not disappointed. It would be nice if Ares would give a reason for the delay. Last I had heard was that they were shipping to distributors.

I also realise that the bombers special packs' release was delayed too. It happens. I imagine running a global corporation is tricky at the best of times.

(At least I live in the USA where we seem to get our releases a month before everyone else! Oh, did I type that out loud?:eek:)

Grey Knight
06-25-2012, 16:18
Go Clipper:clap:

sirosis o liver
06-25-2012, 18:41
ok im convinced that the cows also are anti personel mines:eek:

wargamer
06-25-2012, 19:24
Hookay, next time try a better brand?

ok im convinced that the cows also are anti personel mines:eek:

PilGrim
06-25-2012, 22:56
Patience is a virtue I suppose, but putting a demo on where the rules are OOP (OK you can download them) the damage cards are OOP, and the models are OOP EXCEPT the bombers which until last week were only available by importing from the USA, can be (I assume) a bit of an issue.

We need to get the rules pack and something to play with so that the punter can walk away from the game table and pick stuff off the shop shelf to take home. Until then it's frustrating to say the least

Rick57
06-27-2012, 17:12
Look at it this way. July is just 6 day away. Not that long. :) Keep a happy face. I went through this with WWII Series 3 so now have to keep a zen mode about the releases.

And that number is getting smaller every day. :)

PilGrim
06-27-2012, 23:39
True, but it's not as though it's 1st July theyre talking about - it could easily be 31st!

Hunter
06-28-2012, 03:16
Well, I'm in the same 'leaky' boat. I've pre-ordered $100 (US) from 12-7 Games some the bombers and Series 5 mini's, and there are only 2 June days left! Based on this and ARES, my pre-ordering days are over, fin, und fertig!

somaliavet
06-28-2012, 06:26
Are there any August dates left in the series 5 release pool? I'd like a couple, its just a feeling I have.:pray:

Flying Officer Kyte
06-28-2012, 12:20
Que sera sera.
Rob.

David Manley
06-28-2012, 13:16
Are there any August dates left in the series 5 release pool? I'd like a couple, its just a feeling I have.

This year or next? :D

BobP
06-28-2012, 14:36
Brothers how long was the bomber and WWII wait. Let us all put our karma on the same plane and have positive thoughts. Things will come to be. Hopefully soon.

Rick57
06-30-2012, 12:21
Brothers how long was the bomber and WWII wait. Let us all put our karma on the same plane and have positive thoughts. Things will come to be. Hopefully soon.

I second the nomination!

Linz
06-30-2012, 21:05
At this rate given an extra 6 weeks from release in the US they should turn up here for my birthday in September.
Having just shelled out $240 for the 4 bombers my funds manager might just allow me another big spend then with it being my birthday. Might even get the grandkids to pitch in and buy some as birthday presents. I'll have to provide the cash of cause.
Linz looking forward to his 55th

Rick57
07-01-2012, 09:41
OK. Let me be the first.............

July 2012 has been here for at least 9 hours and 35 minutes.

Why isn't my series 5 aircraft here yet??????????????????

Is Ares slacking? Is it that they just don't like Americans? Did aliens abduct the entire shipment as it left the factory? -Or just my order?????

I WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Somehow, (just don't ask me how I know) I know that Elvis, O.J. and the Rothschilds are involved up to their necks!

Kaiser
07-01-2012, 10:07
July 2012 has been here for at least 9 hours and 35 minutes because time moves forward.

Sorry i had to do this :D

Jager
07-01-2012, 11:58
You know, many, if not most of us are waiting for the release. Whining and shouting doesn't make it easier, or pleasent reading. So, with all due respect, please button it, and remember, patience is a virtue worth cultivating.
Karl

Rick57
07-01-2012, 12:10
You know, many, if not most of us are waiting for the release. Whining and shouting doesn't make it easier, or pleasent reading. So, with all due respect, please button it, and remember, patience is a virtue worth cultivating.
Karl

Oh c'mon now. Look again. There is no whining -or shouting. ;)

Just a little joking around, for Pete's sake.

Bless Ares Games. Bless every one of you.

With that said, I still think the Rothschilds have something to with my series 5 aircraft not arriving within the last twelve hours and ten minutes!

tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-01-2012, 13:16
:eek:It would have been better if they had not chosen to route them through the Bermuda Triangle
Rick.

Rob.

AlgyLacey
07-01-2012, 13:36
].

With that said, I still think the Rothschilds have something to with my series 5 aircraft not arriving within the last twelve hours and ten minutes!

tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

Personally I think that Dan Brown bloke and those conspiracy theorists are to blame

Rick57
07-01-2012, 14:39
That darn Bermuda Triangle. Not again!

And I know that the secret of getting them to arrive a whole lot sooner is hidden in plain sight within some kind of code in Webster's Dictionary. I just know it is.

Now, where did I put it.................

Linz
07-01-2012, 16:18
You guys complaining about 12 hrs it been nearly 36hrs down here.
You guys are so yesterday.
Linz:):D;)

Carl_Brisgamer
07-01-2012, 17:09
I for one am happy to wait, for I have 30 aircraft lined up on my painting bench.

Once Series 5 WGF and the WGS bombers arrive I know I'll be spending more time at the games table than the craft table!

In the meantime I will keep myself gainfully employed, brush in hand.

Cheers,

Carl.

Diamondback
07-01-2012, 17:12
Just remember, "July" means any time from "12:00:00.00 Jul 1 just west of the Intl Date Line" to "23:59:59.00 Jul 31 just east of the IDL"--it's a BIG window... LOL

Madboyo
07-01-2012, 18:29
Maybe we can start a lottery. Chose a date for when they ship. Closest gets a prize.

I'll choose 6 August 2012.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2012, 00:07
That darn Bermuda Triangle. Not again!

And I know that the secret of getting them to arrive a whole lot sooner is hidden in plain sight within some kind of code in Webster's Dictionary. I just know it is.

Now, where did I put it.................

Try Morocco Rick.
Rob.

Linz
07-02-2012, 05:05
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Maybe we can start a lottery. Chose a date for when they ship. Closest gets a prize.

That my friend is priceless:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Linz
I'm picking September 10th 2012

wargamer
07-02-2012, 07:27
Not Casablanca....

Try Morocco Rick.
Rob.

Niclas
07-02-2012, 08:53

Ever the optimist, put me down for July 23rd 2012.

/Niclas

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2012, 10:49
Not Casablanca....

I knew that this thread was about shipping, but I never thought you would bring the Battle of the Nile into it Al.
That should be on Sails of Glory.
As far as I know Webster's dictionary is Morocco bound.
Rob.

David Manley
07-02-2012, 11:24
Battle of the Nile???

Niclas
07-02-2012, 11:36
I knew that this thread was about shipping, but I never thought you would bring the Battle of the Nile into it Al.
That should be on Sails of Glory.
As far as I know Webster's dictionary is Morocco bound.
Rob.
One would have thought that Kyte would applaud anything even remotely associated with Gin joints...

/Niclas

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2012, 12:07
Battle of the Nile???

Oh sorry Dave. I thought he said Casabianca.

http://endtimepilgrim.org/boystood.htm

Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-02-2012, 12:09
One would have thought that Kyte would applaud anything even remotely associated with Gin joints...

/Niclas

Thanks Niclas.
Now I remember where I left my Piano!
Rob.

David Manley
07-02-2012, 12:28
Oh sorry Dave. I thought he said Casabianca.

Those pesky "i"s and "l"s. always responsible for something. Round up the usual suspects :D

BobP
07-06-2012, 14:25
Please all the mantra of THE PLANES WILL BE HERE will calm you. Drink a nice cup of hot tea or in my case massive ammounts of beer to dull the pain of WHEN. Only the first week of July 2012.

BobP
07-07-2012, 14:32
Well guys to help my fix for Series 5 I just ordered a P-40/Zero/RE 8/Rumpler. These are all doubles for missions I have in mind. Remember just the first week in July so maybe soon.

Hunter
07-08-2012, 04:59
Going into the second week of July...

jbmacek
07-08-2012, 05:17
I'm happy. It gives me more time to save up some money so I can buy them.

PilGrim
07-08-2012, 05:23
I think we need to just accept they will be here when they get here. A week after they do hit the streets this will be a dead thread.

Irritating they cant hit the release date, but in the grand scheme of things not that important

BobP
07-08-2012, 10:43
Great point Ken. I went through the same thing with Series III WWII.When they show up they show up and all will be good. Just have to be patient. Remember it is a virtue.

Rick57
07-08-2012, 12:05

OK. I choose July 17th at 4:07:24pm Pacific Time.

BobP
07-08-2012, 13:24
All I hope is before 12/7 goes on vacation on 7/20/12. Please before then.

Oberst Hajj
07-08-2012, 15:48
Straight from Ares:

The information I have is that the WGF airplane packs will be in distribution by the end of this month, and the Rules and Accessories Pack by mid August.

Dwarflord22
07-08-2012, 18:48
Great news! :thumbsup: Thank you for the update Herr Oberst!! :salute:

Flying Officer Kyte
07-09-2012, 00:15
With that insider information Keith, I will go for a revised date of the 31st of July as it is my Wedding anniversary.
Rob.

BobP
07-09-2012, 15:13
Well just a few weeks. Not like the months for the last release. Just look forward to any release.

Niclas
07-09-2012, 15:49
Not going there...

wargamer
07-09-2012, 17:18
With that insider information Keith, I will go for a revised date of the 31st of July as it is my Wedding anniversary.
Rob.

Really? Will be celebrating 41st anniversary that date!

Hunter
07-09-2012, 20:37
Not going there...

Very wise Niclas, me neither! :surrender::lol:

BobP
07-14-2012, 13:18
Well two week into July. Received my doubles order so not bad. Historicon next weekend and have a small shopping list for things.

Hunter
07-17-2012, 04:45
Good for you Bob!

I'm...well, still waiting. :sick:

Flying Officer Kyte
07-17-2012, 08:57
Really? Will be celebrating 41st anniversary that date!

It will also be my 41st. What a coincidence Al. Let us hope it is an auspicious one as far as Ares is concerned.
Rob.

wargamer
07-17-2012, 10:04
Congrats and enjoy! Good luck on the pool :)

It will also be my 41st. What a coincidence Al. Let us hope it is an auspicious one as far as Ares is concerned.
Rob.

BobP
07-18-2012, 15:20
Well last week ordered another set of WWII doubles and they came today. Me 109/Yak/Hurricane/Wildcat/D520. Have to try my hand at repains since I got these. Hope Series V comes out soon. Running out of planes to buy.

Flying Officer Kyte
07-19-2012, 00:53
. Hope Series V comes out soon. Running out of planes to buy.

Is that actually possible Bob? :eek::hmm: I will have to start considering my future then.:confused:
Rob.

Diamondback
07-19-2012, 00:56
Well, since it's the 19th and hasn't been in to retail/e-tail this week, the soonest anything can possibly go out at least from 12-7 is the 27th. (No rush for me... as long as I get my minis in the end I'm good. :) )

diceslinger
07-19-2012, 08:07
I've been thinking about how well series 5 might sell. I think there are die-hard fans that will buy any planes for WOG. Then there are the tournament folks. They bring the Fokker DVII's and the SE5a's and try to rack up the most kills. From what is easily available currently (the RAF 8's, rumplers, bruegets, rolands) it seems to me that the competative planes find a wider audience and sell more planes. I worry about a whole series of weaker less shooty planes as the first big wave from Ares. I hope they have the resources and guts to stick it out until the reprints and series 6 if series 5 doesn't sell well.

Of course there is the possibility that people like me will buy two of everything now "just in case." :) I'm certainly not messing around buying a plane here and there anymore. One of each at the release for me. A product of pent up demand I guess.