PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of ww11

itchy
01-06-2012, 03:54
Hi I'm a long time ww1 wow/wog player but have been playing ww2 in 1/300 but my son wants to try out dawn of war ,so a couple of questions.
We are looking at the battle of Britain period so is the starter set the best thing to go for (EITHER ORIGINAL OR THE NEW ONE) stick with the pre painted nexus / ares stuff , or go 1/144 scale whats best and if 1/144 whats available my LGS stocks some but mainly russian and german ?

Oberst Hajj
01-06-2012, 04:02
If you are wanting to play BoB mainly, I would pick and choose the minis you need. Neither the old Deluxe set or the soon to be Starter set are going to give you much of a jump start for that.

There are lots pre-painted plastic kits out their in 1/144 for WWII. Almost all of it is out of print and has to be found on eBay. About the only fighters that come out new on a regular basis is Bf-109s. While that is good, it's harder to find planes to fly against them.

You will also have to come up with stands for every plane that you pickup and modify them to fit some type of peg system. I bought into 1/144 scale for DoW heavily a couple of years back, but have decided to go back to the official minis. There were just too many small things that needed to be worked out for that scale :(

itchy
01-06-2012, 04:12
Thanks Oberst thats the way we will go then with the original planes etc ,thanks again

CappyTom
01-07-2012, 03:04
Hi Richard,
PM sent.

Thomas