PDA

View Full Version : Finding minis on Shapeways

Pseudotheist
01-05-2012, 06:24
So, a thread on here yesterday pointed out to me that I had no idea there was a Gotha model from KSND on shapeways, as I've been checking the inventory by browsing through Colinwe & kampfflieger's catalogues. I think we might all benefit if the developers had a standard keyword they could use, so we could find all of the models we might be looking for in one place.

I don't know if designers can attach any keywords they'd like, or if Shapeways has to approve them, but even if they did, I'd bet from their popularity listings that we could justify a keyword.

Anyway, I'd recommend to the designers that we get a "WOG" keyword started. I think the customer base might come to appreciate it.

Baldrick62
01-05-2012, 14:50
Todd,
Good pick-up; searching Shapeways on '1/144', although it brings up some fairly bizarre subjects, also finds a few other manufacturers apart from our two usual suspects.
BofB

jbmacek
01-05-2012, 17:11
That, and "144 aircraft" works too.

petitbilbo
01-06-2012, 03:21
You mean like this one?
http://www.shapeways.com/model/319213/roland_c_ii_1_144_scale.html?gid=sg40518
A LFG Roland C.II in 1/144 scale and looking quite nice.

:salute:

jbmacek
01-06-2012, 03:53
That guy makes some great stuff. I love his retro spaceships.

pbhawkin
01-22-2012, 19:59
Todd,
I suggested something like that many months ago! Actually it was for the designers to have a 'stickied' thread where they listed the models they were making so that anyone, especially newcomers, had a single place (thread) to go to see what was available.
Unfortunetly, no-one seemed to think it was a worthy of uptake and so we now have tens of threads announcing each new model.

Zoe Brain
01-22-2012, 20:21
The Gotha and the Roland appear to be the only aircraft not on the two lists. Don't forget the Bomber Pegs though.