PDA

View Full Version : Why can't we get a hard release date for the WWII Series three planes?

P-51D
01-01-2012, 08:01
Disclaimer: I am not one with a lot of patience. So sometime over the next 30 days series III should be in our hands. I would think we would have an actual date by now if they are really coming in January, they should be in the pipe line already!! We have been patiently waiting for quite awhile now and seen them bumped from month to month to month for the last 6 months! Anyway I am anxious to get a date of anticipation!! With many online retailers doing pre-orders including our own 12-7-games, I am hoping a hard date is closer than it was yesterday!!

I want my American P-40's that I pre-ordered all the way back in July of 2011!!!

Oberst Hajj
01-01-2012, 08:10
I would not expect them to ever give out a hard release date. Too many things that can cause that date to slip to the right... many of them out of the hands of Ares even after they are "in the pipe line". How miffed would we be if they said January 25th and the day came and went? Much more upset I think then if they just said January and the month cam and went!

P-51D
01-01-2012, 08:20
Fair enough. I undrestand that point of view, especially with them being a new company. I also feel you got used to Nexus' inability to keep a release date and are fine with that going forward. I can't argue that either. However, in just about every other game I collect and play (mostly Axis and Allies related, Munchkin, the now defunct Star Wars Miniatures and DnD Miniatures we get release dates such as "January 21st, 2012". Do they change? Oh yeah, too often for my liking, but at least I have a date to look forward to. A lot of times they actually make their release dates. Mostly I want a date so I can schedule a day to get together with the guys to play with the new planes. Most of us have complicated schedules and can't get together on a whim. We need to plan ahead a few weeks. With new product imminent, I would like to schedule a time when we can have the new planes and get the most out of our gaming session together as well as get as many of our players involved as humanly possible. Its the new products that have us so excited, and it is time for some of that excitement to pay off!! We play both versions and have a couple hundred planes between all of us which makes for some awesome dogfights and campaigns!!

12-7-gamer
01-01-2012, 08:47
I'm with you P-51D. I would like to know when the actual release date will be (and on the other planes, too). Unfortunately, sometimes there are production & distribution delays. All I can say is, "Patience, my friend!". :)

P-51D
01-01-2012, 09:01
Patience I have had for the last 8 months!!! I guess I will have it beyond that too!!

12-7-gamer
01-01-2012, 09:18
I know exactly what you mean. I'm with you 100%!

Dwarflord22
01-01-2012, 11:28
The uncertainty of the release dates is the reason I don't do pre-orders :(

David Manley
01-01-2012, 11:50
I have vague recollections of Andrea or someone from Nexus posting messages on the Yaho group about the progress of the WoW Series 4 minis from China to Italy. As I recall the transit was really quick but getting them landed, through customs etc. seemed to take an age, and also seemed to be a bit of a lottery, so I can appreciate why a hard and fast release date is difficult to predict. There is also the possibility (shudder) that the ship carrying the container(s) could suffer a mishap and the cargo could be lost overboard (do you know how many containers fall off container ships each year? Its quite frightening, between 2000 and 10000, although a small percentage of the total shipped!)

csadn
01-01-2012, 13:58
The uncertainty of the release dates is the reason I don't do pre-orders :(

Huh? Go ahead and pre-order; the worst that can happen is: Your order is cancelled, and the charge reversed (unless you're dealing with a store straight out of _Knights of the Dinner Table_, in which case I have to ask: WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU THINKING!?).

12-7-gamer
01-01-2012, 14:45
Our policy is to segregate all funds for Pre-Orders. Any Pre-Order may be canceled with a full refund at any time.

P-51D
01-02-2012, 07:56
In Bill we Trust!! For any doubters or fence sitters, there is no doubting 12-7-Games. There are no problems, because Bill and family run their business the right way, and in the rare occasion an issue would pop up, you know that they will make it right.

I still want the exta P-40's I ordered. I am content to wait. Now come on Ares, lets see these birds in the coming weeks as per your website!!

Dwarflord22
01-02-2012, 08:25
Huh? Go ahead and pre-order; the worst that can happen is: Your order is cancelled, and the charge reversed (unless you're dealing with a store straight out of _Knights of the Dinner Table_, in which case I have to ask: WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU THINKING!?).

Just to make certain there is no misunderstanding, my comment was not in any way directed toward 12-7-Games or any other store. I have ordered from them before and would recommend them to anyone! :thumbsup:

12-7-gamer
01-02-2012, 08:51
Just to make certain there is no misunderstanding, my comment was not in any way directed toward 12-7-Games or any other store. I have ordered from them before and would recommend them to anyone! :thumbsup:

I didn't take it that way. I thought it might be useful for everyone to know our policy. I'm not aware of the policy for other stores, but as a customer, I would want to know that my funds are segregated in case the store has financial difficulties.

csadn
01-02-2012, 13:49
I didn't take it that way. I thought it might be useful for everyone to know our policy. I'm not aware of the policy for other stores, but as a customer, I would want to know that my funds are segregated in case the store has financial difficulties.

For those unfamiliar with _KoDT_: The "game store owner" character, Weird Pete, is the "worst-nightmare" stereotype -- the sort who marks up game 100% if he's told the game designer's just died; generally a real jerk. But his is the only game store in the area, so he takes full advantage.

Nightbomber
01-02-2012, 15:17
Oh, guys! I CAN definitely wait for the release date without despair. Having 50+ WoGI and 30+ WoGII we (our group) may arrange MANY exciting scenarios. I can understand the publisher's problems with dates...

P-51D
01-03-2012, 17:50
I am glad you have patience Nightbomber!! Sounds like you and your mates have a nice collection!!

StuKa
01-04-2012, 03:25
I think more important than a hard release date is that they produce an adequate number of units, so that they donīt run out of stock quickly...

BobP
01-04-2012, 15:35
Just ordered set III. I had a pre order but since the change I had to reorder again. Says they are in stock so should get them next week. WOW

Blauer Baron
01-12-2012, 00:52
Great news, WWI new series, free card models, Series one reprints in the making, BE2 models and WWII Series III are hitting the wholesalers right now!!. After a bit of research I still cannot find out what planes are in this series. (although I get the impression these might be the same types that are due in the new starter box). On the fuzzy picture of the latest arrivals to hit the wharehouse, they look like Spitfires. What is coming?

And by the way. I have just started posting in the WWII threads, but do not know if there is a starting page of daily contributions as there is with WW1. Or why have my contributions not been appearing there? Otherwise a good news day!! ;)(not financially speaking of course...all those new planes!!:sick:

Oberst Hajj
01-12-2012, 05:24
Great news, WWI new series, free card models, Series one reprints in the making, BE2 models and WWII Series III are hitting the wholesalers right now!!. After a bit of research I still cannot find out what planes are in this series. (although I get the impression these might be the same types that are due in the new starter box). On the fuzzy picture of the latest arrivals to hit the wharehouse, they look like Spitfires. What is coming?

They are the same 4 types as in the new Starter. There is a WGS Series 3 thread in the N&A section that shows the rest of them.

And by the way. I have just started posting in the WWII threads, but do not know if there is a starting page of daily contributions as there is with WW1. Or why have my contributions not been appearing there? Otherwise a good news day!! ;)(not financially speaking of course...all those new planes!!:sick:

What do you mean by "starting page"?

BobP
01-12-2012, 15:10
I checked the ARES site and all it says is Jan 2012 and since Jan is half way through hope it is soon.

P-51D
01-12-2012, 16:10
According to a really official source, that being a game designer, the series III planes are en route to the distributors now. Meaning the distributors in turn will get them, and forward them on to the retailers and then on to us. I would guess two to three weeks is likely with a month being very likely! Bring 'em on!!

Blauer Baron
01-16-2012, 04:22
They are the same 4 types as in the new Starter. There is a WGS Series 3 thread in the N&A section that shows the rest of them.

What do you mean by "starting page"?

Hello Oberst Hajj, I mean the "recent posts page", which always appears under home. Original question: why do some posts to threads not appear on the "recent posts page".

By the way.. Is it also possible to access "back issues" of those pages for a particular day? Sometimes a thread is really interesting and the next day it is not up and I cant remember which one it was, because I read too many the day before. Also when is the switch-over? I think I caught one at around 7am central European time last week. No big deal..just wondering. Thank you for your replies and the joy this site gives me to get through the days!

Oberst Hajj
01-16-2012, 05:25
The "Recent Posts" box on the Home page shows the last 25 posts that were made on the site. As a new post is made, the oldest one drops of. That box is meant for just a quick snap shot of what is currently happening on the site. If you want to see what has happened since you last visited, click on "Forums" in the main menu and then the sub link "What's New" that shows up just below "Home" on the menu bar.