PDA

View Full Version : Family Missions

Vadasz
12-23-2011, 14:11
Had a chance to play with my youngest daughter this past week.
Not a pretty site. She truly has the killer instinct. In the past 4 games she is 3 and 1.
I had purchased her a Rumpler, as her favorite color is purple. So far, she has managed to explode my DH-4, and then twice proceeded to shoot apart my SE5a. I'm getting too old for this. We have had a wonderful time playing and look forward to many more missions. My two girls have been gaming with me since they were very young. (throwing dice for me since they were about 4.) Looks like the wife, and the oldest , will take to the skies over the Christmas break for a few missions.
Great way to spend the holidays together.;)

The Cowman
12-23-2011, 15:23
Family Game night should be a requirement! Glad your girls are growing up to be gamers!

flyingryno
12-23-2011, 15:59
Outstanding. My granddaughrer is two last weekend. I've already told my daughter she'll a gamer-girl. I have a set of stainlees steel polyhedral dice she canit waeat them out. still two young to toss them for me. I'm lookimg forward to the day she can and then when she can play.

Oberst Hajj
12-24-2011, 00:27
Yes, the kiddos seem to do pretty good at this game. My youngest step-daughter has a winning score against me as well!

Vadasz
01-04-2012, 07:09
Kept flying missions during the kids Christmas Break. The youngest is now proud to be an Ace. She and her Rumpler are invincible. Decide to have a little fun shopping with her. Ordered some new meat for her from Shapeways. Just received the Fokker Tripe, a Camel and an Oeffag Albatross.
Now to put them into production on the painting line. The Smoke markers and Flame markers (Her favorite) are on the way.
Hopefully I'll have better luck with the new aircraft. :thumbsup:

StuKa
01-05-2012, 00:07
Girls seem to be very talanted pilots in this game, my little niece is a real ace, too. She holds a quite poitive stat against me :).

Pakratt
01-07-2012, 21:24
Love family game night. Right now I am in the dog house with my kiddo. We loaned out all our D and D manuals for 4th addition and have not had them returned. Our favorite games in addition to wings is heroscape and dungeons and dragons....with a bit of the usual suspects....though the wife refuses to play risk with me....

Vadasz
02-20-2012, 15:41
Kids off school again today, do they ever go?
Tried out the bomber rules for the first time. Skies were clear with a slight wind carrying me over enemy territory. My Caudron G4 was operating normally as I settled in for the long dangerous flight. About 1/2 way to target, my gunner pointed to a smudge off in the distance. It kept getting nearer, finally I recognized Raben's Red and White DRI. I put the nose down of my crate to try to pull away, but to no avail. We met head on, as he sped past, the chatter of his twin spandaus rang in my ears. Francois, my gunner, sprayed him as his ship roared by. We fought long and hard as I approached the target, luckily, Raben was unable to compensate for my slow speed and kept overshooting me. Francois, busy shifting fire managed to nick his fuel tank. I laid my eggs on the junction and tossed my crate into a long turn to head back towards the lines and safety. As fate was on my side, I was able to twist and turn my way back with only minor damage. As I passed over the lines safely, Raben, my youngest daughter, returned to her own aerodrome. :salute:

Now that was fun.............So we ordered a Gotha and a Caproni.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-21-2012, 03:10
That's got you then Gyula.
It won't be long before you are flying the Big Wing.
Thanks for the AAR. It was entertaining.
Rob.