PDA

View Full Version : Some advice needed on Shapeways Strutters and Moranes

Guntruck
12-22-2011, 01:15
I have just taken delivery of two Shapeways Sopwith Strutters and a Morane L. The remarkable thing about this order is they all turned up without bits broken off or banana wings, so hopefully I have turned a corner regarding their quality issues. We shall see.

Anyways, can anyone who has bought these models tell me how they managed to shoehorn a pilot into either of these, as there is not a lot of wriggle room? I'm thinking just cut the head off and stick that on the cockpit, or remove the top wing. Plan B is not looking that attractive though.

Zoe Brain
12-22-2011, 01:56
Using a Reviresco pilot....

Cut off the legs. Then use nail clippers to cut so there's only the head and shoulders, and a V-shape wedge of the metal left, similar to a classic bust. For the morane, just the head and part of the shoulders, go in via the cutout in the wing. For the strutters, go in from the sidem between the carbane struts.

I've done 2 strutters, a single and a dual-seat, and a Morane L using this technique. It takes patience, and trimming off a bit at a time until things can be slid into place.

jbmacek
12-22-2011, 03:40
Yep, that's the same process I use. In face, I'm getting ready to squeeze three of the little blighters into cockpits today.

Guntruck
12-22-2011, 05:19
Excellent - thanks Zoe.

Bluedevil
12-22-2011, 08:22
Now couild someone tell me where I can find those Reviresco pilots? I've tried on their website but I can't find them :(

Burt
12-22-2011, 08:26
Try this

http://www.tin-soldier.com/cgi-bin/ustorekeeper.pl?command=goto&id=C5896911&rtn=&file=Aircraft_Kits2.html&pid=pilots

Hmm doesn't seem to work.

Type Pilots in the search box, that should do it.

Don

Guntruck
12-22-2011, 10:31
They are difficult to spot as they don't have a photo of them om the site. But they are there.