PDA

View Full Version : Wanted : Large (WW I) Bomber stands.

Zoe Brain
12-12-2011, 04:16
Ares are only releasing 2 types of bombers. But many of us now have or will be getting non-Ares models of O/400s, Fekixstowe F2a's, Friedrichsafen G.IIIs and G,IIIa's, Ilya Maurometz.... some of which can use the small Gotha-sized base, but others need a bigger one.

If just a non-etched large base (with stand) was available, that would be great.

jbmacek
12-12-2011, 04:33
I've made a small bomber stand and put it on my Shapeways site. I haven't clicked the button to make it "available" because I felt the price was too high, so I wanted to go back and see if I could make it a little less expensive.

A large stand should be a no-brainer. In fact, by the time I type this Kampflieger will have beaten me to the punch! ;)

Oberst Hajj
12-12-2011, 04:33
Zoe, give me a list of bases we would want, in order of importance/need. Please break the list into bombers that have official cards and those that do not. Get me that and I'm sure I could make something happen for you.

Zoe Brain
12-12-2011, 05:14
1. O/400 - large - official
2. Felixstowe F2a - large - official
3. Ilya Maurometz - large - not official
4. Zeppelin-Straaken R.V - large - official
5. Friedrichshafen G.III/GIIIa - small - official
6. AEG G.IV - small - not official
7. Short Bomber - small - not official
8. Short 184 - small - not official

Zoe Brain
12-12-2011, 05:24
I've made a small bomber stand and put it on my Shapeways site.

10 pegs in Transparent Detail for $10.... as a short-term measure until the Aerodrome Accessories ones are available at rather less cost, interesting. Even more interesting are the long pegs. The numbers there don't justify mass production.

Maybe you should work out something with AA - they supply the bomber bases, you supply the new thick (bomber and balloon) long pegs. Make them hollow, thin-walled but still printable in transparent detail, and I think you both will have some market synergy going, each sale helps the other,

Oberst Hajj
12-12-2011, 05:32
I'll get to work on the official ones as I know what their fire arcs need to be. I'm supposed to have a AEG G.IV model on the way for me to build the base from. The rest I'll have to come up with something to go off of.

As for the AA pegs, they are getting really close! I had multiple pegs made out of several different material types from Shapeways and found not a single one of them was the same size and quality of another one from them. For one off pegs (meaning you would not be stacking them on the same model), I think they would work alright with a little clean up. I don't think the consistency from peg to peg is there for stacking them together in numbers.

jbmacek
12-12-2011, 05:40
10 pegs in Transparent Detail for $10.... as a short-term measure until the Aerodrome Accessories ones are available at rather less cost, interesting. Even more interesting are the long pegs. The numbers there don't justify mass production.

Funny, I hadn't even considered doing them in Transparent Detail. I was going for cheap - WSF - and intending to paint them sky blue. As for long pegs, I need to make a 10-string of those too. That's easy-peasey, but my to-do list keeps growing. When will I ever have time to finish painting!!!

I see I haven't even bothered clicking the small base over to visible. In WSF it's something like $15.

(As for those blockbusters... I haven't ordered one yet so I have no idea what it's like, or if it will even print. The first one I ordered bombed, excuse the pun, so they sent me a store credit.)

jbmacek
12-12-2011, 05:48
As for the AA pegs, they are getting really close!
Cool! I really need some.

I had multiple pegs made out of several different material types from Shapeways and found not a single one of them was the same size and quality of another one from them. For one off pegs (meaning you would not be stacking them on the same model), I think they would work alright with a little clean up. I don't think the consistency from peg to peg is there for stacking them together in numbers.

Interesting. The long peg and the short peg I had them print off in WSF are so close that at one point I thought I had lost the short peg, but it was attached to the long peg. It blended so well I couldn't even see the seam between the two.

Boney10
12-12-2011, 05:50
Yup Zoe's list looks good to me I have a Handley, Felix, AEG( but the gotha base is ok for now) Staaken, Friedrichshafen G.III/GIIIa and a Caproni.
We also need bases for the pushers with wide front arcs, like the gunbus etc

Zoe Brain
12-12-2011, 05:58
Yup Zoe's list looks good to me

Thanks.... sometimes I get called (with some justification) a pushy B*tch. The thing is, I see a problem, I propose a solution - then ask for critique. If no-one else volunteers, I tend to. Here I was asked a direct question, gave it my best shot - but others may have completely different priorities, so please get more opinions than mine!

Oberst Hajj
12-12-2011, 06:01
The Friedrichshafen base is designed!

Boney10
12-12-2011, 06:35
Cool Ill certainly be taking one of those

Bluedevil
12-12-2011, 06:35
I'll be needing a Friedrichshafen-stand and a O/400 one...:)

Oberst Hajj
12-12-2011, 08:54
Okay, with the larger bomber bases, what size center hole do we want to go with? I can make it the same size as the balloon pegs (8.94mm). Since the balloon pegs are not tapered like the small altitude pegs, they can not be pushed in from the bottom and seated in place. We can try designing and producing a tapered peg that size via Shapeways. That would give everyone the option of either getting a Shapeways peg or glue/wedging a balloon peg into the bases. Thoughts? Oh, this would require a new set of altitude dials to be made... not a trivial thing due to the minimum number I have to have them made up in :(

The Staaken is designed with the exception of the center hole.

Oberst Hajj
12-12-2011, 09:13
Looking at the Staaken base, would it be better to have the fire arc "angle" lines broken like they are on the left side or solid as on the right. Which makes it easier to see which lines go with which?

Or should I just remove the arc angle lines altogether?

Burt
12-12-2011, 10:33
I'll be needing a Friedrichshafen-stand and a O/400 one...:)

I will probably go for the same.
It would encourage me to finish my Friedrichshafen and I was thinking of getting a 0/400 as well.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-12-2011, 11:44
Even though I have made some of my own stands, I would be up for yours herr Oberst, because they are in keeping with my other stands and have the laser cut dials on them.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
12-16-2011, 06:24
Okay, all of the official planes on Zoe's list have been done and the initial small run will be here next week. For the large stands, I went with a balloon peg sized center hole.

Zoe Brain
12-16-2011, 06:39
Okay, all of the official planes on Zoe's list have been done and the initial small run will be here next week. For the large stands, I went with a balloon peg sized center hole.
Expect an order soon. Now to just find a source of balloon-sized pegs... even single pieces. What diameter are they? Can we get just some raw cylinders we can drill/adapt ourselves?

jbmacek
12-16-2011, 07:08
I'll be buying some too.

If the base is designed to fit the standard balloon peg I could probably make a 3d printable version of the peg this evening.

Zoe Brain
12-16-2011, 07:48
I'll be buying some too.

If the base is designed to fit the standard balloon peg I could probably make a 3d printable version of the peg this evening.

Make them hollow, and several to a sprue, and they'd be affordable too.

Oberst Hajj
12-16-2011, 08:13
John, my center holes for the large bases is 8.94mm. I would suggest that you do a peg that tapers from 7mm at the top to 9.1mm at the bottom. That will allow them to slip thru the bottom of the bases and fit in snugly. In fact, they should require just a bit of filing to fit all the way in, which is good as we can each get a perfect fit per peg.

jbmacek
12-16-2011, 08:40
Aye-aye, Herr Oberst! (It's lunch, and I'm actually fiddling with it on my netbook right now.)

Flying Officer Kyte
12-16-2011, 08:50
This all sounds very promising. Just bring them on and I'll send in an order.
Rob.

jbmacek
12-16-2011, 09:56
Finished a single, hollow peg mock-up. I'll try to finish it off later this evening or tonight, and if it looks good I'll string a bunch together and call it done.

Rabbit 3
12-16-2011, 13:50
I just wonder if it would be practical to produce generic large and small bomber bases.
Then sell them along with a standard decal sheet of lines and curves to allow the bases to be customised for whatever model they are required for.

OH! just noticed that this my 200th sortie.
Looks like a celebration is in order.
:drinks::pint::drunk::drunk::singin::drinks::sleep::drunk::dazed::pint:

Flying Officer Kyte
12-16-2011, 14:20
To the bar Robert.
Kyte.

jbmacek
12-16-2011, 19:27
To the bar!

Okay, no claims that these will work, but they should. 9mm wide x 13mm tall (not counting the male end extension). No mark-up.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/411360/

Rabbit 3
12-17-2011, 11:35
:drunk:Hic, never pays to discount the male extention:takecover::embarass:

These look rather good!

Doug
12-17-2011, 13:10
Heer Oberst what is the situation with the pegs that were going to be made for the aerodrome accessories?

Madboyo
12-18-2011, 00:10
I too look forward to the bases. I wonder if the new official bases will change layout much?

jbmacek
12-18-2011, 10:57
:drunk:Hic, never pays to discount the male extention:takecover::embarass:

These look rather good!

Thanks. Just to be on the safe said, I think I'm going to make them unavailable until I've had a chance to buy a set and try them out.

Oberst Hajj
12-18-2011, 18:35
Heer Oberst what is the situation with the pegs that were going to be made for the aerodrome accessories?

Just updated the Peg thread (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=6233).

I too look forward to the bases. I wonder if the new official bases will change layout much?

From what we have seen with the WWII bases, not much at all. Just the stats is all.

Boney10
12-21-2011, 20:52
Have I got this right.
Some larger WW1 bomber stands are being/have been produced, they have a center peg hole larger than the standard peg.
The peg that will fit these are being designed by jbmacek using the Shapeways method.

The larger bombers we are talking about will be all the larger ones from the flight of the giants set, not the Gotha/Caproni /Friederickhaven bombers, but the Staaken & Handley page 0/400 types.
AA will have these available in the New year ?

Oberst Hajj
12-21-2011, 23:48
That is correct. The new bomber flight stands showed up today, but I have not had a chance to check them out. Here is a list of the bomber bases that I now have:

1. O/400 - large
2. Felixstowe F2a - large
4. Zeppelin-Straaken R.V - large
5. Friedrichshafen G.III/GIIIa - small
6. Gotha - small
7. Caproni - small

Some of these are in limited quantity and I will decide rather or not to carry them full time based on the initial sales.

I do not have any of the pegs that John has designed via Shapeways, so I can not test those out yet.

Tony just sent me a nice AEG model that I will be using to make a flight stand for it. It is a small base and will use the normal altitude pegs. It will be available some time after the 1st of the year.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-22-2011, 00:42
:salute:When will we be able to pre order Herr Oberst.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
12-22-2011, 01:07
They will go on "for real" order in the next day or two. I'll post to this thread when they go up.

jbmacek
12-22-2011, 03:36
I do not have any of the pegs that John has designed via Shapeways, so I can not test those out yet.

Neither do I. I was holding off on putting in any Shapeways orders until after Christmas. Suffice to say they should fit, but I would not advocate buying them until I've tested them. In fact, if I haven't done so yet, I was going to switch them to unavailable until I've had a chance to test them.

jbmacek
12-22-2011, 03:37
They will go on "for real" order in the next day or two. I'll post to this thread when they go up.

Nice! Now c'mon Christmas, so I can see if the missus bought me any bombers!

Boney10
12-22-2011, 12:10
This sounds excellent, although I have already bought a few gotha bases for my Caproni, Fred & AEG, but would certainly, get the proper ones so I wait eagerly for the post.
I had already said to John that in the new year I was going to order one of his bomber type pegs to have a look see.

Oberst Hajj
12-23-2011, 09:27
They are up on the Aerodrome Accessories site (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/) at the bottom of the Wings of War Flight Stand page. Sorry, no photos of them yet as I don't have the models to go on them! However, they are made and look identical to my other bases, just with the new names and fire arcs on them.

Boney10
12-23-2011, 10:06
Just ordered one of each :)
Question, AEG & Handley 0/400 ? pleeeeeeeeeease

Flying Officer Kyte
12-23-2011, 11:38
Order sent thanks Herr Oberst.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
12-23-2011, 16:57
The HP 0/400 is up on the site now, for some reason it was not displaying today while I was asleep. Sorry about that.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-24-2011, 01:09
The HP 0/400 is up on the site now, for some reason it was not displaying today while I was asleep. Sorry about that.

Thanks Herr Oberst.
I have just ordered one. Will you please add it to the order sent yesterday.
Thanks.
Rob.

Boney10
12-24-2011, 03:48
Thanks Herr Oberst, I also have placed and order for one, could this one be added to my existing order from yesterday please. For the extra postage just put in an extra scout base if thats ok

Oberst Hajj
12-24-2011, 03:56
Chris, no problems. I was thinking the same thing about the scout base.

Rob and others, I can do the same for you as well if you like?

Zoe Brain
12-24-2011, 03:57
Just ordered 2 Ca3's, an O/400, 2 F2As, and my existing O/400 and 2 Gotha stands I'll use for the Ilya Mauromets,Short Bomber and Gotha I'll be getting soon.

Thanks! Now if/when Shapeways makes an AEG G.IV and G.IVk.....

jbmacek
12-27-2011, 08:02
I've ordered a Felixstowe base from AA, and from Shapeways a Felixstowe to go with it, along with a bunch of the pegs I drew with Blender. The printed stuff should arrive in a little over a week. I'll send pics of the whole thing assembled once I have received everything.

Burt
12-27-2011, 09:45
I've ordered a Felixstowe base from AA, and from Shapeways a Felixstowe to go with it, along with a bunch of the pegs I drew with Blender. The printed stuff should arrive in a little over a week. I'll send pics of the whole thing assembled once I have received everything.
Would like to see that.
Will be sending orders out soon for the various parts soon but would be nice to see the full ensemble first.

Burt
12-27-2011, 10:05
Have some of the bomber bases sold out already?
The HP O/400 is no longer listed:cry:

Flying Officer Kyte
12-28-2011, 02:36
You are right Don. The Staaken has now also gone.
Rob.

The Cowman
12-28-2011, 02:41
I guess we will have to wait for the next batch... :D I might actually have my Staaken and Handley Pages assembled sometime before summer... :lol:

Oberst Hajj
12-28-2011, 03:01
Have some of the bomber bases sold out already?
The HP O/400 is no longer listed:cry:

Some of these are in limited quantity and I will decide rather or not to carry them full time based on the initial sales.

ALL

I have noticed an issue with the dials that go on these, so shipment will be delayed until this is sorted out. Sorry about this!

Burt
12-28-2011, 03:19
Thanks for letting us know.
I will get my order ready for when you have sorted out the issue with the dials.

Boney10
01-01-2012, 13:22
Ok but are we still going for the Shapeways pegs from bmacek ? Was just about to order a set

jbmacek
01-01-2012, 13:24
Well, hopefully Keith will come up with some nice, clear bomber pegs soon. Until then...

Oberst Hajj
01-01-2012, 23:53
The large bomber bases will use the balloon pegs or the ones that jbmacek designed on Shapeways. I will not be producing any of the bomber pegs (I have to do my clear pegs by the 10,000 :eek: )

Flying Officer Kyte
01-02-2012, 01:50
The large bomber bases will use the balloon pegs or the ones that jbmacek designed on Shapeways. I will not be producing any of the bomber pegs (I have to do my clear pegs by the 10,000 :eek: )

At the rate we are knocking out new planes, I will be needing more than I estimated at first Herr Oberst.
Rob.

jbmacek
01-02-2012, 09:01
The large bomber bases will use the balloon pegs or the ones that jbmacek designed on Shapeways.

Which I ordered, and Shapeways just informed me they missed something. The walls are too small, so I need to redesign them with thicker walls. Shoot! So much for pushing it too the limits in an effort to reduce costs. At least they gave me a $6 credit for not being able to print them. So my apologies to any who may have ordered them. And it's a lesson learned for me - don't tell anyone about stuff I'm working on until I have a finished example in hand.

Oberst Hajj
01-02-2012, 09:04
And it's a lesson learned for me - don't tell anyone about stuff I'm working on until I have a finished example in hand.

One of my creeds as well!

jbmacek
01-02-2012, 09:56
You are a wise man.

Well, I've updated it. Hopefully my order will be the only one affected. I don't know when they pull the files, when the order is processed or when it goes to print. If it is when it goes to print, then maybe anyone who ordered after Dec 29 will be okay.

jbmacek
01-17-2012, 15:12
My new and improved mark II bomber pegs are now being packed into a box in Long Island City, NY. When they arrive, I'll take pics if anyone is interested.

Oberst Hajj
01-17-2012, 23:25
I am!

Flying Officer Kyte
01-18-2012, 00:21
As am I.
Rob.

Boney10
01-18-2012, 08:52
Yup me too, to fit the bases already on order :)

jbmacek
01-18-2012, 09:14
The UPS website says "out for delivery", so they are probably sitting on the doorstep. It's a shame my boss left me in charge today, otherwise I'd be tempted to bail...

Volstagg
01-19-2012, 02:41
Waiting (semi)Patiently for bases to be made available;
I'll be needing a HAandley Page and at least two Zeppelin Staaken RVI...

jbmacek
01-19-2012, 03:53
And I'm waiting impatiently to find out what happened to the package that was supposedly delivered yesterday at 1:36pm but wasn't on the doorstep when I arrived.
:mad:
^&%(@#&^%#()*)&*!

jbmacek
01-19-2012, 13:46
Frak! I called UPS and they said it was left on my front porch at 1:36pm. On the windiest day of the year?!?! What were they thinking?!?! &^#^@%#! So they told me I have to put in a claim with Shapeways. Ugh. The bomber curse strikes again. I may order another set, just because I'm livid and in a mad mood to spend money!

Boney10
01-20-2012, 03:26
ouch Ill bet you were suitably impressed, mo xmas box for UPS eh. What a logical thing to do, windy so Ill leave a light parcel on the porch, not just Royal Mail do this sort of thing then

Flying Officer Kyte
01-20-2012, 04:16
ouch Ill bet you were suitably impressed, mo xmas box for UPS eh. What a logical thing to do, windy so Ill leave a light parcel on the porch, not just Royal Mail do this sort of thing then

No Chris it's a malady that seems to affect most delivery services. I have an ongoing feud with Parcel Farce.
Rob.

jbmacek
01-22-2012, 07:11
The thing is, if it had been delivered by the US Mail, they probably would have been able to fit the box/package in my mailbox, which UPS isn't allowed to use. Oh well, the replacement should be here in... another week, probably two. :(

jbmacek
01-23-2012, 11:49
Huzzah! Someone must have found them, because I found the package was in the mail box this afternoon!

http://www.shapeways.com/model/411360/bomberpeg_6_13mm.html

Flying Officer Kyte
01-23-2012, 11:58
Good to hear John, but how did they Shape up?
Rob.

Boney10
01-23-2012, 12:31
So John dont keep us in suspenders, do they fit with the Herr obersts bomber bases ?

jbmacek
01-23-2012, 13:57
Dunno, since we haven't gotten the bomber bases yet.

Keith, what's the latest on the Felixstowe base?

jbmacek
01-23-2012, 14:03
Good to hear John, but how did they Shape up?
Rob.

Nicely. I'm happy with them. Here they are in a stack. You can actually see they are somewhat hollow. The fit was very nice. Snug, but not too snug. Painted blue, I think they'd be nearly perfect.

http://www.piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00008.JPG

And here is one stack with an official peg. It was a tight fit, so much so that the WSF got stretched a bit. I would recommend not using the two together. But then... why would you?!?

http://www.piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00012.JPG

jbmacek
01-23-2012, 14:07
One more.

http://www.piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00036.JPG

Boney10
01-23-2012, 14:50
Looks good, apologies I though you already had one of the AA bomber bases.

Oberst Hajj
01-23-2012, 23:48
The corrected dials are making their way across the country to me. I hope to have them in hand and the orders shipped out late this week. John, how does the outside diameter of your pegs compare to the official ones?

Flying Officer Kyte
01-24-2012, 00:58
Looking good. Is it me or does the finish look better than the usual one?
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
01-24-2012, 01:04
Looks normal to me. John, any reason there are not options to get them made in a different material?

jbmacek
01-24-2012, 04:52
The corrected dials are making their way across the country to me. I hope to have them in hand and the orders shipped out late this week. John, how does the outside diameter of your pegs compare to the official ones?

Brilliant! I can't wait to see them. As for the outside diameter... they are really, really close. If you'd like, I can re-take the second pic at a much higher res and crop the pic to highlight the intersection between the two.

Oberst Hajj
01-24-2012, 06:23
Well, the official balloon pegs fit snugly into my bases, so as long as yours are with in a fractions of a millimeter of the official ones, they should be fine.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-24-2012, 06:45

That is great Keith. Is there time for me to add anything to my order as I'm using up bases at a rapid rate of knots.
Rob.

Oberst Hajj
01-24-2012, 06:51
Sure can Rob, PM me what you need to add if it is more of the large bomber bases since I have them off the site until the new dials come in. If it is other items, please order them through the site (keeps my inventory straight) and we can work the shipping details out on the back end if that works for you.

jbmacek
01-24-2012, 07:25
Looks good, apologies I though you already had one of the AA bomber bases.

Thanks, and no worries. The mix-up with both the bases and pegs seems to have aligned. Hopefully we'll have a pic of them joined together before the end of the month.

Flying Officer Kyte
01-24-2012, 07:26
Fine thanks Keith I'll send the order through the usual channels.
Rob.

jbmacek
01-24-2012, 07:29
Looks normal to me. John, any reason there are not options to get them made in a different material?

Well... it was a matter of choice really. I now know the WSF pegs work, so the next step is to order a set in FUD to see what they are like. By the time I get them, I should have the AA base, and if all goes well, I'll make the pegs available in every material.

Zoe Brain
01-24-2012, 07:56
Well... it was a matter of choice really. I now know the WSF pegs work,
I find them a little flexible. Fine for a light aircraft, but I think some of the metal ones will cause the stack to bend.

For those I'd recommend something rigid and hence brittle. Like the transparent stuff.

But yes, they work, and I can't tell the diameter from the balloon ones by eye. I think they may be 0.1mm smaller, but we're talking less than the thickness of a human hair here..

Flying Officer Kyte
01-24-2012, 08:11
For those I'd recommend something rigid and hence brittle. Like the transparent stuff...

Now the transparent ones would really interest me. I'd even consider converting my finished models to take those.
Rob.

jbmacek
01-24-2012, 08:14
I find them a little flexible. Fine for a light aircraft, but I think some of the metal ones will cause the stack to bend.

For those I'd recommend something rigid and hence brittle. Like the transparent stuff.

But yes, they work, and I can't tell the diameter from the balloon ones by eye. I think they may be 0.1mm smaller, but we're talking less than the thickness of a human hair here..

Wow! You were able to get some?!?! The marvels of Shapeways... I thought all the orders prior to my last order had "busted" due to "too thin walls." I guess yours must have printed after I uploaded the revised files.

And you know, I hadn't even thought about people using them with metal planes! I bet you are right. Maybe I should add a double length peg in the mix. I'll have to see if I can borrow Zach's Skytrex Handley Page O/400 for a little flight testing.

Oberst Hajj
01-24-2012, 08:52
You might think about making them solid as well. I know they cost more, but would work much better for the metal planes. I guess you could offer solid and hollow to save costs were possible.

jbmacek
01-26-2012, 06:03
I'll look into various options once I have the bomber base in hand. I may create a second version of the pegs designed for FUD, with a tighter fit, but now that I've gotten one coat of paint on the WSF pegs, they seem to be working as I intended.

I am going to create a taller peg, that's for sure.

And somehow during all of that, I need to find time to finish up a few 3d planes I've been messing with, and paint more of the planes that I have...

jbmacek
01-26-2012, 17:53
I find them a little flexible.

I finally got around to putting a couple layers of paint on mine and that has really tightened the fit. Which was what I was hoping for.

Oberst Hajj
01-29-2012, 01:12
Well, the new dials came in on Thursday, but they again had issues:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32779&d=1327810167

They were able to laser them on Friday and got them shipped out via Priority mail. So, looks like it will be next week (again) before I can get these shipped out to you guys and gals. I'm very sorry for the delay on these :(

Oberst Hajj
02-01-2012, 21:57
Finally, I have the corrected dials in and everyone's orders will be shipping out tomorrow morning. Also, I've added the large bomber bases back in stock on the site... but quantity is very limited and I will not be restocking them again for a good while. So, if you need any, get them now!

Zoe Brain
02-01-2012, 22:27
In an attempt to add a Zeppelin base to my order, I managed to re-order everything twice.
Could I please cancel the old order, and the separate one for the Zepp., and just have the combined order please?

Flying Officer Kyte
02-02-2012, 01:01
:thumbsup::clap::clap::clap::singin::thankyou:

Rob.:salute:

jbmacek
02-02-2012, 05:15
Wooo! I can't wait! Guess I'll have to get to paintin' that there flyin' boat!

Oberst Hajj
02-02-2012, 05:19
Zoe, you should be all sorted out now. Thanks.

jbmacek
02-04-2012, 16:21
Arrived home just now, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Felixstowe flying boat base!
Do those bomber pegs fit? Perfectly!* Pics to follow tomorrow.
:)

* Based on three of four layers of paint, and a layer or two of clear.

Oberst Hajj
02-04-2012, 23:30
Arrived home just now, and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Felixstowe flying boat base!
Do those bomber pegs fit? Perfectly!* Pics to follow tomorrow.
:)

* Based on three of four layers of paint, and a layer or two of clear.

So, based on my bases and your pegs, are you going to be making any changes to the pegs? Thought someone should ask before we all run out and buy a bunch of your pegs ;)

jbmacek
02-05-2012, 05:06
No, I don't intend to. I'm happy with what they are. That being said, I should add some caveats to the Shapeways page: they can't be used with or as substitutes for Nexus balloon pegs (since the peg was designed to be painted, the "tab" and the hole on them are smaller than the balloon peg); and a painted peg fits your base perfectly, but the pegs don't taper so your altitude dials spin freely (however, not to the point that they move when bumped). At this point I'd rather spend the time putting finishing touches on the three or four planes that are close to complete.

Now I have to order more of your stands! This one looks great!

jbmacek
02-05-2012, 05:18
Some pics.

http://piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00062.JPG

http://piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00063.JPG

http://piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00064.JPG

http://piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00068.JPG

Oberst Hajj
02-05-2012, 05:37
Good enough for me. I don't think making them in FUD would look that great, so painting them a light blue sounds like the best option.

jbmacek
02-05-2012, 05:39
Now I need to make a special peg that fits the hull of the Felixstowe.

Oberst Hajj
02-05-2012, 05:46
What about the 26mm peg, are you going to make it for sale... or maybe a longer one.. 52mm? You know you want to use that extrude tool! lol

jbmacek
02-05-2012, 09:38
Extruding! It's where the action is!

Yep, I'll make the 26mm available, and the one I'm working on right now for the Felixstowe is ~53.

http://www.piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/flexistowepeg.jpg

Oberst Hajj
02-18-2012, 21:21
The AEG G.IV Flight Stands (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/flight-stands/wings-of-war/gotha-flight-stand-1.html) are up on the site now.

Flying Officer Kyte
02-19-2012, 00:28
The AEG G.IV Flight Stands (http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/index.php/flight-stands/wings-of-war/gotha-flight-stand-1.html) are up on the site now.

Good news Herr Oberst.
Order sent.
Rob.

jbmacek
02-25-2012, 09:10
If anyone is looking for a flight peg for their Felixstowe, with a few coats of paint this one seems to work okay. The point of balance isn't exact, but you'll need to figure out how to attach plane to peg anyway... (in these pics I've just balanced it on the peg)

http://www.piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00227.JPG

http://www.piratebrethren.com/gaming/wow/DSC00228.JPG

Pseudotheist
02-25-2012, 09:22
My plan was to drill a hole in the hull, and flip the orientation of the flight pegs...

jbmacek
02-25-2012, 10:57
I can't bring myself to drill a hole in the bottom of the boat, so I'm going with this and a chunk of blue tack.

Madboyo
03-06-2012, 15:05
Now I have some bombers painted up I NEED some of those great bases. Any update when you think they may be back in stock.

I'd like (in total):
2 HP
2 Felixstowe F2a
2 Caproni Flight
1 Friedrichshafen G.III
2 AEG
2 Gotha

And another mortgage for the house to pay for them ;-p

Are there any more in the pipeline? My Ilya definitely needs one! Maybe a Generic one for each size where we can add the lines might be a good idea!

Oberst Hajj
03-06-2012, 22:42
The large bombers bases are going to be in the next production run. Not exactly sure when that will be, but in the next month I would think.