PDA

View Full Version : How is this for a First Sortie effort?

gully_raker
12-09-2011, 17:00
:D Last night at our Games Club we organised our first Early War Aircraft game.
Colbatman & Chris (Halvo) flew the German Aircraft (1 Fok E.III & Halberstadt D.II each) whilst Charles H & myself flew for the Brits.
Charles had 2 x DH-2s & I had 2 Vickers FB5 Gunbus's.

We decided to just try out a Dogfight game to get the feel of the new Aircraft.

Well what a bloodbath or more correctly a Flame Bath! No less than 4 Aircraft caught fire but none succumed to the Fire itself.
At the end every aircraft had been shot down except my new Camo Gunbus (still only 95% complete)it was the only aircraft left in the Sky & it was also on Fire!:eek:

Both DH-2's bit the dust from Chris' Eindeker & my other Gunbus was shot down by Col flying my grey KEST 4 Halberstadt.

All 4 German Aircraft fell to the Guns of Observer Sgt Christopher Oakman & Pilot Ltn Lancelot Steele from 5 Squadron flying the Camo Gunbus.

Not a bad effort for this Aircrafts first Sortie..

Full AAR & Pics will follow

Flying Officer Kyte
12-10-2011, 03:52
Any reason you can suggest for drawing so many on fire cards Barry, or was it just pot luck. How did the various planes handle in the air? Were you using altitude?

Rob.

gully_raker
12-10-2011, 15:06
Any reason you can suggest for drawing so many on fire cards Barry, or was it just pot luck. How did the various planes handle in the air? Were you using altitude?

Rob.

G'day Rob. No we did not use Altitude. (still getting our heads around that! & spend too much time on Alt & not enough on Tactics--LoL)
We only had one B deck & recycled the Cards after shuffling so that may have contributed. Game lasted about 2 1/2 hours & everyone enjoyed the experience of the early aircraft. There were lots of circling duels & Tailing. The Gunbus' wide Firing Arc caught the Germans out a few times when they thought they were safe!

Did not seem to be a great deal of difference in Aircraft preformance. Used P Decks for DH-2 & Halberstadts, R for Eindekers & G for Gunbus.

Flying Officer Kyte
12-10-2011, 23:45
That is very interesting Barry. We have noted that slower planes with no Immelmann tend to get into that circle of death routine a lot. It is usually the best turning circle that wins the day. Being able to fire inside the circle like the Gunbus must give a slight advantage. Thanks for the info.
Rob.

gully_raker
12-12-2011, 17:23
The Full AAR with pics is now up in the AAR Section!