PDA

View Full Version : Reviresco's Salmson A2

Mike W
12-07-2011, 16:25
Attached are a couple of photos of my assembled and painted model of Revieresco's Salmson 2A2 recon aircraft with US markings and side insignia for the US 88th Aero Squadron, which flew the aircraft at the Front in the final months of 1918. I made the decal.

Colors of the model in the photo are brighter than the actual model - probably due the flash on the camera.

alpine
12-07-2011, 16:30
That's a nice looking bird you built there! Love the rear gunner as well. Nice job.

The Cowman
12-07-2011, 16:32
Outstanding paint job!

gully_raker
12-07-2011, 17:23
:thumbsup: Yes another fine piece of Modeling & painting.

wargamer
12-07-2011, 20:05
Great paint job!

Flying Officer Kyte
12-08-2011, 01:08
You have indeed done a cracking job on that machine Mike. the paint job is especially eye catching. How was the kit to make?
Rob.

Doug
12-08-2011, 02:32
Good build good paint job. I ( or to be more accurate) my son Neville finds the Reversco planes harder to build than others.

Jure
12-08-2011, 02:41
Very impressive, Mike! The detail on the gunner is simply amazing. :clap:

Jure

Boney10
12-08-2011, 02:44
Very nicely done, how was the kit to make? I have only done a couple of Reviresco kits, noyt to good to be honest, but like their decals

jbmacek
12-08-2011, 04:20
Looks very nice, and I agree that gunner is outstanding!

The kit looks like it must have been fairly easy, but like the others, I'm curious to know if you hit any snags along the way.

berthier
12-08-2011, 04:21
Super job.

Guntruck
12-08-2011, 05:37
Very good paintjob Mike. :thumbsup:

Mike W
12-08-2011, 07:30
Very nicely done, how was the kit to make? I have only done a couple of Reviresco kits, noyt to good to be honest, but like their decals

The kit was pretty straight-forward. That said, I took quite a while and I did quite a bit of extra work. I used rigid wire instead of the soft metal struts in order to give better strength (I also did this on the Siemens-Schukert I also posted) - I would recommend this for at least 2-seaters because they are pretty heavy models in white metal. Cutting the wire struts to correct length for the holes in the wings then model putty into the tops of the top wings and bottom of the bottom wings was a chore. The wings were very thick with poor trailing edge. So, I ended up filing scallops into the top and edge of the trailing edge to make it look better. Also, farily typical work you would have with any model with razor and files to make the pieces all fit.

john snelling
12-08-2011, 07:44
BZ! Great job. John

Flying Officer Kyte
12-08-2011, 11:25
Thanks for the appraisal of the making up of the kit Mike. Just a pretty normal day at the office then.
Rob.

somaliavet
12-09-2011, 09:09
Oh thats nice!

Nightbomber
12-20-2011, 15:51
How did I miss that thread? It's a wonderful, carefully painted model. Figures have pimped gogles! :thumbsup:

petitbilbo
01-03-2012, 02:12
Excellent model!

Don't take this seriously, but is that simply dust I see on the lower wing?
I had to re-read the description because for a fleeting second I thought it was a Shapeways with some "fuzzyness" coming out... :lol:

The only thing I could point out is that you didn't cut the U/C axle flush to the wheel. It's sticking out a bit.

Concerning Reviresco: I've built about a dozen up to now (against only two from Skytrex) and liked them very much. Yes, there may be some flash and sometimes there's a piece or two missing. But preparing the pieces prior to assembly is part of the hobby and therefore the fun. As for the missing pieces, Reviresco's allways come true, sometimes even with a little gesture to say sorry.
Metal and resin (starting that shortly) before 3D-printing any time!

:salute:

Mike W
01-03-2012, 16:15
The model has actually been sitting on a shelf for a couple of months since I completed it. So, yes, that is dust.

Amazing what you can see in a zoomed in digital photo. One thing I also see now that I must have forgotten during painting was painting the struts a wood color! Yikes! Maybe I need to make a clear decal with an aircraft number for the tail too.

Dark Horse
01-03-2012, 16:19
nice looking job - really well done!