PDA

View Full Version : Miniatures and LOS

Gaff
01-03-2010, 14:46
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I had no luck in "search".

I am a very new player, and I think the miniatures add a lot to the game. However, the miniatures are a fair bit larger than the images of the planes as printed on the cards. Should I be calculating targeting "to hit" using the actual miniature, or revert to the card for this purpose?

Thanks,

Gaff

Oberst Hajj
01-03-2010, 14:57
Some people play using the actual miniatures, but the official rule is to measure firing from the center post of the shoot plane to any part of the base of the target plane.

Gaff
01-03-2010, 15:01
Right - that makes sense. In the WW2 game, there is an option to use the "plane image" size as opposed to the card, but I think it will be much simpler if we do what you suggest and measure to the bases (or card edge), and make that the standard.

Scoop
01-04-2010, 06:06
Never thought about that actually when playing with WWII minis. During our campaign we measure to the minis - therefore the big bombers are an easy target. But yes, of course the WWII minis are harder to hit then.

Bigman
01-04-2010, 12:22
therefore the big bombers are an easy target

just a thought on this> I used the cards from the files section for Me 110's and a Bristol blenheim. what size would you guys recomend for the card as these planes would be bigger than the fighters in real life?
PS sorry if I am hijacking the thread :o

Scoop
01-05-2010, 02:18
The Me 110 ist not double the size of a Me 109, I would say maybe one and a half. You could also say you take two cards for those planes between a fighter and a big bomber to keep it simple.

afilter
01-05-2010, 08:46
Some people play using the actual miniatures, but the official rule is to measure firing from the center post of the shoot plane to any part of the base of the target plane.

We play the optional plane rule, so we measure from the center post to any part of the actual target plane. So if you can hit a wing tip you can fire.