PDA

View Full Version : Zeppelin Staaken R.VI downed!

Wombat
11-25-2011, 10:38
Me :serious: and my fiancé :waf: decided to play a short bombing mission last night featuring a Zeppelin Staaken R.VI. A Siemens Schuckert D.IV tried to fend off an entente force of three fighters; a SE.5a, a Camel and a Hanriot HD.2.

Attacking force entering no mans land...

... advancing towards the frontline.

First shots fired, the Siemens Shuckert's guns jamming instantly!

Some damage to both sides, but nothing dramatic.

Camel lining up for a good tailing position. The Hanriot burning in the background, constantly being hit by the bombers gunners. Just a few moves later one of the entente fighters shot two of the crew dead, the nose- and the right rear upper gunners.

The Hanriot soon fell from the sky and the AA gun firing frantically only hit the giant once for no damage. The bomber lost its way though and failed to line up with the first target in time. The huge aircraft was now beginning to fall apart from the fighters combined weight of fire.

Missing the first target it was time to line up for the second. The second target only got damaged though before the bomber was shot down.

Soon only the SE.5 was left to the entente. Shortly both the lone defender and the bomber would fall to each others bullets. :crash:
Only the Siemens Schuckert was still flying, and it soon returned to it's own side of the front. It had only made a few hits on the opposing fighters. A lot of jammed guns on both sides.
(The explosion card is for a destroyed machine gun post).

It was a fun session, and my fiancé was in good mood even though all her fighters was shot down. She managed to down the giant! :guns:

/Jörgen

Dwarflord22
11-25-2011, 10:45
Great pictures and battle report! Thank you for posting :clap:

Kaiser
11-25-2011, 10:48
I'm always amazed how big this thing is! :D

The Cowman
11-25-2011, 11:31
Love it... but hate to see such a big bomber go down to the BOOM card.

Flying Officer Kyte
11-25-2011, 14:26
A very informative mission. Must get a table set up large enough to deploy my Staaken. You have whetted my appitite Jorgen.:minis:
One small point. Should this not be in the WWI section?
Rob.

grumpybear
11-25-2011, 19:57
The big guy is a blast to fly, and knows how to deal with scouts:guns::guns::guns:

Tommy Z
11-25-2011, 20:21
That's a BIG Bird!...Thanks for the pics! :thumbsup:

Wombat
11-25-2011, 22:16
One small point. Should this not be in the WWI section?
Rob.

Yes it certainly should be! :D Apparently weren't awake when posting this... :surrender:

Thanks Herr Oberst! Now the thread is at the right place. :)

Wombat
11-25-2011, 22:20
The big guy is a blast to fly, and knows how to deal with scouts:guns::guns::guns:

It sure does! It shot down three fighters before it went down itself.

/Jörgen