PDA

View Full Version : Fire ground

andrea.cuozzo
12-22-2009, 03:42
Hello everyone,

I would ask some clarification on the fire ground.
In particular:
1) when the base of an airplane is on a machine gun card... the two can strike or is applied the same rule of two airplanes whose bases overlap?
2) in the same case a trench card can shoot?

Hello and thanks for the help.

A.

The Blue Baron
12-22-2009, 06:07
If an airplane’s red dot is within one ruler of distance from a trench card (even overlapping the card), the plane can be shot at by infantry fire.

Yes, trenches and AA guns can shoot at planes overlapping their cards.

andrea.cuozzo
12-22-2009, 06:20
Ok thanks,

but the plane is able to shoot?

Andrea.

Oberst Hajj
12-22-2009, 06:35
Let me add that most people play that the plane can not shoot at the gun card though as it would be directly below it.

IRM
12-22-2009, 06:57
That's correct, according to Burning Drachens. The plane can't fire while overlapping but trenches and AAA can fire back. However, ground MGs can only use their additional infantry fire against overlapping aircraft (as described in the example on p.10 of BD).

Hope you've better luck against them than I do, I seem to lose more planes and pilots to lucky trench shots than enemy planes !

andrea.cuozzo
12-22-2009, 08:20
Now is clear.

One only more question: whatis an AAA :confused:

Ciao,
Andrea.

IRM
12-22-2009, 09:09
Triple-A, Archie or Anti Aircraft Artillery. Called Anti Aircraft Guns in Burning Drachens (the C-Damage guns).

andrea.cuozzo
12-22-2009, 09:35
That's why I did not understand .... I bought the deluxe set and class C artillery is not present.

In addition to 2 aircraft I will also buy Burning Drachens as mine cristmas present :).

Ciao,
Andrea.