PDA

View Full Version : WGF & WGS: Possible insight into future releases

Oberst Hajj
11-01-2011, 23:15
This little snippet was taken from the Gioconomicon posting on Lucca Comics and Games 2011
(http://www.gioconomicon.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6051) (translation by Google)

Finally some questions about WoG and SoG. Of course there will be full compatibility between WoG and WoW, and there are other interesting news for fans, for example also the distribution plan of the aircraft. Most of the classic aircraft (for example, Fokker Dr.I, Spad VII, Sopwith Camel) will be offered for sale for WoG, but probably out of the plan will become more special: each month will be put on the market a new plane with all its variants, as opposed to different aircraft.

Kaiser
11-02-2011, 04:05
That sounds good :)

Rat of Vengence
11-02-2011, 04:29
Cool. Any word from when those releases will start?

Dave

Oberst Hajj
11-02-2011, 04:30
It could be interesting based on the new packaging they are using with WGS. The new "display packs" are sold (and presumably displayed) to retail stores in packs of 6 planes, three each of two different paint jobs.

Looking at the current DR.I minis and the two new repaints we know we are getting:

Red Baron
Kempf
Rahn
von Richthofen (Deluxe Set)
Kirschstein (coming in Spring)
Lothar (???)

That is 6 different ones right there. I wonder if the display packs will contain one of each, or if they will one or two standard paint jobs and rotate the others out? One of each would seem to be the best way. That way both new and old players have something to buy right away.

It does not look as good for planes like the Camel...

Barker
Elwood
Olieslager
Brown
Stackard
Kissenberth

If they release all of those as the 6 pack, I have a feeling Olieslager and Kissenberth will be sitting on the selves for a while... good for us repainters a couple of months down the road. :(

Oberst Hajj
11-02-2011, 04:34
Cool. Any word from when those releases will start?

Dave

Latest info I have is Spring 2012... so I'm thinking around March.

greenalfonzo
11-02-2011, 07:03
I really hope that Ares doesn't keep the old planes in an equal release with the new schemes. Everyone, new & old, will be fighting over the new schemes, while the oldies will be collecting dust and clogging the shelves. Many of the old schemes are only popular because they are all there is. We need new schemes, and plenty of them! My wallet demands it!

alpine
11-02-2011, 07:45
So they're repainting the old WoW planes I spent so much money trying to collect too? I'm not feeling well all of a sudden... :sick:

Flying Officer Kyte
11-02-2011, 09:21
Latest info I have is Spring 2012... so I'm thinking around March.

Probably just in time for my birthday then. How kind of them. I am happy with any planes, but then I'm biased as most of my fun id in the repainting, so it's good news to some extent all round.
Rob.

Propjockey53
11-02-2011, 12:34
Latest date for release I heard was January 2012...which is it????

Flying Officer Kyte
11-02-2011, 14:00
Latest date for release I heard was January 2012...which is it????

I thought it was January for the Bombers and Spring for the re-releases.
Rob.

gully_raker
11-02-2011, 18:20
I thought it was January for the Bombers and Spring for the re-releases.
Rob.

Yep that was what was said originally by Angellio.

john snelling
11-02-2011, 19:03
This is good news. I'm looking forward to the new releases.

The Cowman
11-02-2011, 19:48
Thanks for the Update Boss!

bsmith13
11-02-2011, 20:03
Hmmm. I'm excited for the new airplanes, of course. And I have enough aircraft that variety isn't an issue for me. But I wonder if new players will be excited to buy four different versions of Plane X at a time, with no adversaries until next month...

greenalfonzo
11-02-2011, 20:59
Hmmm. I'm excited for the new airplanes, of course. And I have enough aircraft that variety isn't an issue for me. But I wonder if new players will be excited to buy four different versions of Plane X at a time, with no adversaries until next month...

I thought that this, too, might be an issue, until I realized that they probably plan on making enough to keep them in shops for at least 6 months to a year or so. I'm sure after a few months a nice variety will have built up in shops for you average buyer to look over and choose from.

David Manley
11-02-2011, 22:43
tapping in to the collectable aspect of the market is a "good thing". Of course it won't work on old grognards like me who already have waaay more than enough Camels and Triplanes. No, of course it won't :) :money: :slysmile:

Oberst Hajj
11-02-2011, 23:03
According to Ares, it is still January for the bombers and Spring for the reprints.

As to this, taking cues from the WWII line, they are most likely going to put out a new Deluxe set (which they now call a Starter set in WWII) that will contain one each of the old Series 1 planes (maybe even the initial paint jobs will be in that set with the new ones and the most popular one by type as the single plane packs?) to get the new players started of quickly. That would go nicely with a release schedule of one type per month.

Doug
11-03-2011, 03:08
So when are they releasing the WW2 series 3 planes?:confused:

Kaiser
11-03-2011, 03:22
December i guess.

Oberst Hajj
11-03-2011, 03:22
So when are they releasing the WW2 series 3 planes?:confused:

Next month if they are on schedule.

robert t
11-03-2011, 04:15
Let's see if they get War of the Ring out first. That is planned for this month. If they do, then I will have faith in their panned release schedule. WofR is a big game and getting it out is a good test for the new company.

calfaber
11-04-2011, 02:17
I have collected a big collection of camels and all the rest of the fighters for repaints. I guess I better get on with it..lol

Hunter
11-26-2011, 00:11
I have collected a big collection of camels and all the rest of the fighters for repaints. I guess I better get on with it..lol

That's good to know Cal.