PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Games is listing WG2 boosters

tuladin
10-16-2011, 20:20
Alliance Games (http://www.alliance-games.com), a large US Distributor, is listing the first Wings of Glory WWII for pre-order. They sell only to stores, not directly to individuals (but you can look at their catalog as a guest.) There is no release date yet.

Here's the listing:

AGS WGS101Z* Wings of Glory: 2x3 Curtiss P-40 Warhawk Display (6) $77.40
AGS WGS102Z* Wings of Glory: 2x3 Yakovlev Yak-1 Display (6) $77.40
AGS WGS103Z* Wings of Glory: 2x3 Kawasaki Ki-61 Hien Display (6) $77.40
AGS WGS104Z* Wings of Glory: 2x3 Reggiane Re.2001 Falco II Display (6) $77.40

Stores have to buy them in displays of 6. The suggested retail for each pack will be $12.90 US.

It's like the life support machine started beeping again.:thumbsup:

Marechallannes
10-17-2011, 00:45
Good news...:clap:

Jager
10-17-2011, 04:10
Not so good for me: I only want one of the P-40s, and my LFGS will have to be stuck with the rest. Wish they'd sell singlely, like Nexus did.
Karl

tuladin
10-17-2011, 10:46
Not so good for me: I only want one of the P-40s, and my LFGS will have to be stuck with the rest. Wish they'd sell singlely, like Nexus did.
Karl

It's likely that if one paint job is more popular than the other - if the Flying Tigers P-40 greatly outsells the the other one for example - then stores will have to start pro-rating them (discounting the less popular one to move them, and jacking up the price of the more popular one to make up the loss.) This happens frequently with Magic: The Gathering Event Decks, which are also sold to retailers in "2x3" displays - one deck is inevitably better than the other, and the prices are adjusted accordingly.

Watch for the online stores to do this first, as they get early information about the relative demand from their pre-orders.

Oberst Hajj
10-19-2011, 03:57
I am not sure how it will be going forward under Ares and the "new" distributors, but my LGS could always order single plane packs in the past. I hope this continues in the future, other wise we are in the same sinking ship as before with the WWII line.

tuladin
10-19-2011, 12:29
I am not sure how it will be going forward under Ares and the "new" distributors, but my LGS could always order single plane packs in the past. I hope this continues in the future, other wise we are in the same sinking ship as before with the WWII line.

The Nexus/Fantasy Flight planes were always solicited singly by Alliance and the other distributors. For example, this is how Alliance lists what they have available from WWI Set 4:

FFG WW23C* Wings Of War WWI: R.a.f. Se5a (boudwin) $12.95
FFG WW23D* Wings Of War WWI: Pfalz D.III (hohn) $12.95
FFG WW23E* Wings Of War WWI: Pfalz D.III (klein) $12.95
FFG WW23G* Wings Of War WWI: Breguet Br.14 B2 Br 107 $15.95
FFG WW23H* Wings Of War WWI: Breguet Br.14 B2 Br 129 $15.95
FFG WW23I* Wings Of War WWI: Breguet Br.14 B2 96th Squadron $15.95
FFG WW23J* Wings Of War WWI: Rumpler C.iv C. 8455/16 $15.95
FFG WW23K* Wings Of War WWI: Rumpler C.iv C. 8267 $15.95
FFG WW23L* Wings Of War WWI: Rumpler C.iv C. 8012/17 $15.95

This is the first time "wings" products are being sold to stores in six-pack displays.

BobP
10-23-2011, 12:19
I think some misunderstand. What they are showing is a dealer pack of six planes ( 3 models of 2 planes). From what I heard they will be selling 2 singles of each plane and the third will be in a "Delux" package that will have the new rules and the third plane of each model. Hopefully this will not be the norm for future releases but an exception for the first release.

tuladin
10-23-2011, 12:41
I think some misunderstand. What they are showing is a dealer pack of six planes ( 3 models of 2 planes). From what I heard they will be selling 2 singles of each plane and the third will be in a "Delux" package that will have the new rules and the third plane of each model. Hopefully this will not be the norm for future releases but an exception for the first release.

You are correct about how consumers can buy these models - there will be two paint jobs of each of the four planes in blisters on the shelf that you can choose from.

The people who will have problems are the retailers - if one paint job outsells the other (like the red MVR Fokker Dr.1 way outsold the other two), store owners will have to buy three more of the slower sellers to get their hands on more of the popular one, which, unless they charge extra for the popular one, they probably won't do because the normal profit on the one they can sell would be more than wiped out by the cost of the one they can't move. This could mean that some of the planes might disappear from your FLGS's shelves for long periods - until the retailer can economically justify reordering the slower selling figures.

Jager
10-24-2011, 08:33
Also, in my case, a problem for me, since I like to buy from my FLGS, who doesn't carry the minis regularly, but will order for me. So either I buy 3 planes I don't really want and add to my (growing) repaint pile, or stick him with 3 items he doesn't usually carry.
Karl