PDA

View Full Version : Shapeways now charges for postage

Zoe Brain
10-08-2011, 07:45
Cost Applicable Countries
$6.50 United States, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
$9.50 All EU Countries, Switzerland, Norway, San Marino, Vatican, Andorra, Liechenstein
$19.99 Rest of the world

Flat rate no matter how much is ordered. But still it makes getting them in Australia cost-prohibitive.

One of the best things about shapeways was that orders over $25 were post-free.

David Manley
10-08-2011, 08:03
Prices seem to be generally higher now as well, by about 10% (judging by what i recall the price of the Niepuort 11 was and what it is now). A pity, as I'm sure this will dent people's enthusiasm to order. Mitchell, any thoughts on this? Have prices really gone up as much as they appear they have done?

Boney10
10-08-2011, 17:49
Hmm glad I have received all my orders, just means no Farman or Hanriot now untill I want more of a type. This will please SWMBO as I was starting to take over the spare room :(

Madboyo
10-08-2011, 18:55
Cost Applicable Countries
$6.50 United States, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
$9.50 All EU Countries, Switzerland, Norway, San Marino, Vatican, Andorra, Liechenstein
$19.99 Rest of the world

Flat rate no matter how much is ordered. But still it makes getting them in Australia cost-prohibitive.

One of the best things about shapeways was that orders over $25 were post-free.
Ouch! seems steep to us Down under. And I had a 25 voucher as well! Come on shapeways give us a break. Maybe subsidised postage at $50 or 100! Or get a franchise down here right now!

gully_raker
10-08-2011, 19:37
:eek: Sheesh! Thats is going to price them out of the Market down here.
Thank the Lord I ordered my FB5's & Halberstadt's & paid before that big Postage Hike.:thumbsup:

Rat of Vengence
10-08-2011, 21:17
And here was me waiting for their quality control to be at least reasonable before ordering. I guess I won't be now, I wasn't planing on getting enough models to make a $20 charge worthwhile.
:(

Dave

batesyboy
10-09-2011, 00:01
Just as the quality issues were improving, they go and shoot themselves in the foot again !

Guntruck
10-09-2011, 00:56
Just as the quality issues were improving,

I'm sorry, I must have missed that....

batesyboy
10-09-2011, 01:34
You old cynic Gunners...lol
My last four sets of five have all been spot on !
I`ll sort out some photo`s later today

Burt
10-09-2011, 10:35
No more small orders from me then just one or two big ones

David Manley
10-09-2011, 12:09
Perhaps we should put together an Avon flight "bulk buy" every so often?

Boney10
10-09-2011, 12:36
Sounds like a plan, we need to chat about it

Burt
10-09-2011, 13:04
That sounds like a good idea.
I'm in for that if it saves me a few pennies

Doug
10-09-2011, 14:14
With the reports of the quality of shapeways models I am not prepared to pay Aust $40 postage ( the eqivalent of 2 store bought WoG mins) for a model/s that may or may not be ok. Even if the production of the models was 100% I would still not pay that much for postage!

Guntruck
10-10-2011, 05:40
You old cynic Gunners...lol
My last four sets of five have all been spot on !
I`ll sort out some photo`s later today

Yep, must be something to do with still waiting for Shapeways to tell me what they intend to do about the S*** Gunbus they sent me. :mad:

So, if they put their hands up and send me a voucher for another one, it means this time round I will have to pay postage on the flaming thing, although I will try and blag a voucher for that out of them as well.

Getting back on topic, if they are charhing for postage then the QA must seriously improve before I order again.

There have been two people from Shapeways who have stuck in their two-penneth on threads on occasion, but it is noticeable they have been terribly quiet of late, especially when the question of QA and postage comes up.......

warrenn
10-10-2011, 14:24
are the shapeway planes the scale 1/144 or 1/72???

john snelling
10-10-2011, 14:49
Did you really expect Shapeways to lose money. Just bulk you orders.
postage the Virginia USA is still cheaper than getting models from Washington USA.

batesyboy
10-10-2011, 20:07
Yep, must be something to do with still waiting for Shapeways to tell me what they intend to do about the S*** Gunbus they sent me. :mad:

So, if they put their hands up and send me a voucher for another one, it means this time round I will have to pay postage on the flaming thing, although I will try and blag a voucher for that out of them as well.

Getting back on topic, if they are charhing for postage then the QA must seriously improve before I order again.

They really should have done somthing about your Gunbus by now,
Give them another email Gunners, i will try and track down the shapeways bods that have contributed on here.
You have every right to be dissapointed with the shoddy quality control ( I had a similar tale with my first order
of sopwith triplanes)
Recently i have stuck to WSF material and have had no problems.
I do apologise, i thought they would have sorted your Gunbus out by now !

There have been two people from Shapeways who have stuck in their two-penneth on threads on occasion, but it is noticeable they have been terribly quiet of late, especially when the question of QA and postage comes up.......

batesyboy
10-10-2011, 20:20
Shapeways models come in two sizes at present,
The vast majority are 1/144th scale.

warrenn
10-12-2011, 08:11
how do you know if they are 1/144 and what i see there are different materials to order them from?? what is the best.

Madboyo
10-12-2011, 14:44
how do you know if they are 1/144 and what i see there are different materials to order them from?? what is the best.
They normally state the scale. I would only go for White Strong and Flexible as a material as the others seem to have too many issues.

Madboyo
10-12-2011, 14:45
They normally state the scale. I would only go for White Strong and Flexible as a material as the others seem to have too many issues.