PDA

View Full Version : Doh! Good old Shapeways - never a dull moment

Guntruck
09-20-2011, 07:04
Dear Steve,

I am sorry to inform you that you order will be somewhat more delayed.
The reason for this is that the printer of our supplier stopped the job before everything was finished, this meant that the last couple of mm/cm was not printed. This means that we will have to reprint your 1/144 Vickers F.B.5 model. We are very sorry for the delay this will cause.

Should you have any questions about this, just let me know.

Best regards,

Jan van Dijke
Customer Service Agent

Seeing as you asked, my question is: how thick is your supplier? :mad:

IRM
09-20-2011, 07:24
Could be worse, they could have sent it anyway :)

somaliavet
09-20-2011, 07:36
Hmmm, somewhat MORE delayed? Wow! :crash:

Guntruck
09-20-2011, 07:43
Hmmm, somewhat MORE delayed? Wow! :crash:

Which came as a surprise as I wasn't aware that it was delayed in the first place :D

IRM
09-20-2011, 07:55
I think that's because they now seem to include expected delays in the due date when you place the order, rather than just base it on the material chosen. My last order had a week or so added on past the usual production time quoted.

Flyer53
09-20-2011, 14:30
Just what exactly is "the printer of our supplier "? What on earth does this mean?

Nightbomber
09-20-2011, 14:49
Just what exactly is "the printer of our supplier "? What on earth does this mean?

They "outsource" (order) printing job in another company (supplier) that owns a printer which...stopped working. Or it's just an excuse:)

Oberst Hajj
09-20-2011, 22:06
Yay for Shapeways! :deadhorse:

Bluedevil
09-21-2011, 01:18
This is a Dutch company... so those people are native dutch-speaking.. I think that they translated a bit too literally what they would have said in Dutch ... which makes it a bit awkward... a lot like this sentence now I come to think of it:p

I've ordered 2 Farman F40 ( couldn't resist those;) )... I let you now when I get them ( the order note said around end of september.)

I think that they are getting a bit overwhelmed by the succes of the 1/144 scale aircraft. I am guessing that they never anticipated their succes and this is reflected in the production process. But no worries guys : the dutch have a great spirit of enterprise so they'll figure something out to make it work, especially if they "smell money" :p

Guntruck
09-21-2011, 02:38
I've just had delivered some Pups, DH5s and DH2s in FUD - on time and all with a good finish to them. Only problem is one broken prop on the DH2, which I can replace with a spare from Skytrex. Have to admit that I was expecting the lattice tail of the DH2s not to survive the journey.

Boney10
09-21-2011, 07:42
Over the past couple of days I have received two packages from shapeways, while pleased and I like the contents of the parcels, I am lucky to have received them asI got no notification from either shapeways or UPS to say they were on their way.

Rabbit 3
09-21-2011, 11:30
I suppose if these 3D copying machines work anything like conventional photocopiers then the odd screw-up is to be expected.
Perhaps we`re just lucky it just dosn`t happen more often.

"the printer of our supplier` sounds a bit like "The pen of my aunt".

One thing though, I`m sure the Shapeways website had an article about them getting their own machine recently.
Perhaps that might fix things somewhat in the future.

AlgyLacey
09-21-2011, 13:41
I suppose if these 3D copying machines work anything like conventional photocopiers then .....

The Christmas party 3D copies of the secretaries buttocks is something I look forward to with interest

somaliavet
09-21-2011, 14:47
The Christmas party 3D copies of the secretaries buttocks is something I look forward to with interest

Considering its Shapeways you wouldn't get the copies till Easter and then they would look all waffley! lol

Guntruck
09-21-2011, 16:06
It just gets better and better....:

One or more models in your order were rejected and can not be produced. We have informed the shop owner (designer) about this and we hope they will upload a corrected version soon. Please contact them for additional information.

(in the event that you are the owner/designer of these models you will receive another e-mail)

The following models have been rejected/cancelled:

- #177654 Vickers FB 5 1 x $ 12.76 : Poles tail too thin

gully_raker
09-21-2011, 19:30
It just gets better and better....:

One or more models in your order were rejected and can not be produced. We have informed the shop owner (designer) about this and we hope they will upload a corrected version soon. Please contact them for additional information.

(in the event that you are the owner/designer of these models you will receive another e-mail)

The following models have been rejected/cancelled:

- #177654 Vickers FB 5 1 x $ 12.76 : Poles tail too thin

:confused: Steve, which finish did you order FUD or WSF?

David Manley
09-21-2011, 20:21
then they would look all waffley!

Perhaps a defect in the original model? ;):p:D

Guntruck
09-22-2011, 01:26
:confused: Steve, which finish did you order FUD or WSF?

FUD

Guntruck
09-22-2011, 01:29
One thing though, I`m sure the Shapeways website had an article about them getting their own machine recently.

Yep, cut out the middle man and screw it up ourselves ;)

Hunter
09-22-2011, 19:10
Yay for Shapeways! :deadhorse:

Yes!! Back to SKYTREX the epitome of quality control :brickwal: