PDA

View Full Version : Solo: Lets knock out a system to actually make solo play possible.

Oberst Hajj
09-15-2011, 06:53
Okay guys, I think we have enough veteran players on here that are smart enough that we should be able to work out a system for solo play.

Doing ground attack missions solo is pretty easy, it's the dogfights and other air-to-air action that mucks things up.

I think the first step is to assign each Artificial Intelligence pilot a threat level:

Aggressive: will always try to engage the player
Passive: Will only engage the player if threatened
Evasive: Will try to avoid combat

These can further broken down into:

Aggressive - Attack: Will always try to attack the player in the least amount of cards possible.

Aggressive - Defense: Will always try to attack the player, but fly defensibly in those attacks (avoids head on passes and other "exchange damage moves).

Passive - Attack: Will be triggered to Aggressive - Attack mode if player comes within 2 rulers distance of him. Other wise will maintain distance from him.

Passive - Defense: Will be triggered to Aggressive - Defense mode if player comes within 2 rulers distance of him. Other wise will maintain distance from him.

Evasive - Attack: Will try to evade player until player comes within 1 ruler of him. At that point he will only attack the player to defend or "scare" the player off an attack.

Evasive - Defense: Will always try to escape from the player in the safest manor.

I would say that at the start of the game, the player would randomly determine what each AI pilot's threat level is. As the game progresses, the AI's threat level would be lowered as it took damage. We should be able to work out a percentage of total damage the changes the threat level. That would make it so that weaker planes would try to escape quicker and with less damage then stronger planes.

Please comment on the above behavioral aspects I've suggested. I'll post up my thoughts on maneuver selections a little later.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-15-2011, 11:32
Good on you Herr Oberst.
I like the concept. The ability to change the pilots intentions depending on the situation in which he finds himself is particularly appealing. I feel that some kind of chance factor needs to be vectored in just to ensure that his moves are not always those expected of a pilot with his known characteristics. The sort of "Well my plane is on fire and I'm badly wounded, the guns are jammed, and I'm a mild sort of chap. What the hell, I'm doomed so I'll ram him anyway" sort of attitude that you sometimes read about in pilots reports.
Rob.

Nilliom
09-15-2011, 11:58
I like the concept of the threat level. We could have a system that when a situation changes that each pilot has a moral factor from 1 to 10 let say, 10 being the guy who will like Rob said "ram the guy" when in problems. We could then roll a dice (1d10) or if we want a level of only 1 to 6 for a normal dice and the way the pilot would act would be based on the fact that he rolled under or over his moral. Rolling under, let's stay in the game and become more aggressive, less moral then moral then maybe i'm too bashful and should slow down a bit.

Some things could alter moral for the pilot, factors like being an Ace would give a boost, having been on fire, having jam guns, lost wingmans, etc...

Nightbomber
09-15-2011, 12:10
Very important thread.
Great initial concepts. Let the brainstorming start...
Thank you Herr Oberst.

IRM
09-15-2011, 12:32
I like the concept of the threat level. We could have a system that when a situation changes that each pilot has a moral factor from 1 to 10 let say, 10 being the guy who will like Rob said "ram the guy" when in problems. We could then roll a dice (1d10) or if we want a level of only 1 to 6 for a normal dice and the way the pilot would act would be based on the fact that he rolled under or over his moral. Rolling under, let's stay in the game and become more aggressive, less moral then moral then maybe i'm too bashful and should slow down a bit.

Some things could alter moral for the pilot, factors like being an Ace would give a boost, having been on fire, having jam guns, lost wingmans, etc...

I like that, it could be a way of making the situational switches a little less predictable. Higher-morale pilots having a saving throw against dropping threat level.

Might be worth giving fighter pilots a greater chance of starting with a higher threat level than recon/bomber types. Seems more likely to mimic realistic behaviour. There could also be some situations which cause switches from defence to attack, such as being on an enemy aircraft's tail (although be careful of making things overcomplicated: been there, binned what amounted to a large flow chart for something far simpler. Best of luck striking a balance). Great initial concept, Keith.

Tommy Z
09-15-2011, 13:19
I run solo missions regularly...I roll dice to determine morale when needed and use my best judgement. One thing I do is run a mission over several days. I find if I plan one side then come back later I forget what I planned. I use most of the solo rules from the files section.

For Morale I roll a d20 vs the amount of damage taken and adjust for other factors

Azrael
09-15-2011, 13:51
Liking this.
Unfortunately I have been to the ba:drinks::pint::drinks::clap::drinks:r, but will have a look when I am fit for duty:sick:

wargamer
09-15-2011, 14:10
Things to consider;

Training - the more hours in flight training, the more reliable the pilot.

Prior Life Experience - the upper crust will tend to more gentlemenly, chivarous warfare, the former combat infantry is going to tend to the bloody get it over with warfare and so on.

Experience in aviation combat, suggest a d20 for freezing (i.e. straight and level default flight card reaction unless the number is equal to or less than number of combat flight the aviator has participated in... gonna need a 1 to survive first flight. This would reflect the historical losses. This might be modified by prior combat on the ground (infantry gets a plus 3, cavalry a plus 2, and artillery a plus 1).

What I am suggesting is really a roleplay system to generate enemy pilots... then you get to kill em :)

grumpybear
09-15-2011, 16:57
Good idea, but my problem is I cheat so the guy I want to win allways wins. I need another player then things go the way they should.

Mike George
09-15-2011, 18:38
Totally Random moves for a A deck with no Ace abilities using a 20 sided die

die roll Phase 1
1 Straight
2 Straight
3 Straight
4 Right turn
5 Right turn
6 Right turn
7 Left turn
8 Left turn
9 Left turn
10 Stall........................Reroll if the previous phase was a steep card
11 Stall........................Reroll if the previous phase was a steep card
12 Immelman.................Reroll if th previous phase was not a straight or stall
13 Right slip..................If phase one and two where were right slip reroll
14 Right slip..................If phase one and two where were right slip reroll
15 Left slip...................If phase one and two where were left slip reroll
16 Left slip...................If phase one and two where were left slip reroll
17 Climb.......................Reroll if the previous phase was a steep card
18 Dive........................Reroll if the previous phase was a steep card
19 Reroll
20 Reroll

It works try it.

Dwarflord22
09-15-2011, 19:46
There is a solo play system for WWI and WWII that I have tried and enjoy posted here:

http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/wowrules.html

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!!

Flying Officer Kyte
09-15-2011, 23:49

die roll Phase 1
1 Straight
2 Straight
3 Straight
4 Right turn
5 Right turn
6 Right turn
7 Left turn
8 Left turn
9 Left turn
12 Immelman.................Reroll if th previous phase was not a straight or stall
13 Right slip..................If phase one and two where were right slip reroll
14 Right slip..................If phase one and two where were right slip reroll
19 Reroll
20 Reroll

It works try it.

Why not just draw random cards from the deck and apply the same rules Mike? It would save all that dice rolling.
Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-15-2011, 23:58
If you cany cheat yourself, who can you cheat. Can you cheat yourself Darell? Your decision to cheat yourself is known to both sides of your split personality before you make it. Therefore you have come to a consensus with your alter ego to change the rules of the game. Ergo,you have only amended the rules and no cheating has thus taken place. For further elucidation on matters such as this please refer to any of the works of Gilbert and Sullivan.:lol:
Rob.

Nightbomber
09-16-2011, 02:52
There is a solo play system for WWI and WWII that I have tried and enjoy posted here:

http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/wowrules.html

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!!

Thank you Michael for a very useful link. Could you please explain what "sector" means in those rules? I can not figure it out.

after 5 min...
Michael - I've found the explanation in the link at the bottom.

Hunter
09-16-2011, 03:46
Danke Schoen, Herr Oberst! I, too, like the concept and am obliterated with the obvious mental acuity to even come up with this! Everyone has made great comments and suggestions so I have nothing to add until I ruminate and consider all the information regarding solo play. Initially, I like the idea of damage to AI affect his threat level.

Mitchell422
09-16-2011, 04:28
I tried the random card draw last night.. I however, I did it on both sides. Lmao, planes flew away from each other.......It was to late to try just one side. I will do that next time.

Mitch

Mitchell422
09-16-2011, 04:30
I have pulled a friend into the web. We are planning to play soon. Once bitten......

Oberst Hajj
09-16-2011, 04:42
I like the concept of the threat level. We could have a system that when a situation changes that each pilot has a moral factor from 1 to 10 let say, 10 being the guy who will like Rob said "ram the guy" when in problems.

I think in order to keep the system simple, we need to limit the situations to something like damage done to the AI plane. Since damage can not be secert in solo play, I think it is a good thing to base it on. Another point is since each plane has a different amount of damage, making it a percentage means tougher planes will stay "Agressive" longer.

In my view of the system, Threat Level would only go down, never up. This is for game mechanics only. Most pilots are always going to fight until they think it is unwise to do so. Very few are going to get more aggressive then they would be at initial contact.

Things like Ace status would be best left out unless you are running a campaign with your self. As for fire, that should be handled by the damage factor I was talking about before. As for jammed guns, I think that condition would move the AI pilot to the "Defensive" posture of his current Threat Level.

Might be worth giving fighter pilots a greater chance of starting with a higher threat level than recon/bomber types. Seems more likely to mimic realistic behaviour.

That could be done several ways. The most complicated, and maybe most realistic way, would be to assign each plane type a Threat Factor. If we worked the numbers out correctly for all the planes, you could add or subtract the differance between the planes from the "bug out" damage amount need to change the AI's Threat Level.

For an example let's give a D.VII a Threat Factor of 5 and the Nieuport 17 a Threat Factor of 3. Normally the Ni 17 would break off combat if it was reduced to 7 hit points left (assuming we say 60% damage is the threashold). Since the pilot of the Ni17 knows he is "out classed" by the D.VII, we would add the Threat Factor difference in (2) and he would try breaking off when he had 9 points left.

Reverse the roles and the D.VII would hold out until he only had 4 points left (normally would leave at 6 if fighting an equal Threat Factor Plane) knowing that his plane could see him through.

This rule could be simplified by giving all plane that first flew in the same year the same Threat Factor.

Things to consider;

Training - the more hours in flight training, the more reliable the pilot.

Prior Life Experience - the upper crust will tend to more gentlemenly, chivarous warfare, the former combat infantry is going to tend to the bloody get it over with warfare and so on.

Experience in aviation combat, suggest a d20 for freezing (i.e. straight and level default flight card reaction unless the number is equal to or less than number of combat flight the aviator has participated in... gonna need a 1 to survive first flight. This would reflect the historical losses. This might be modified by prior combat on the ground (infantry gets a plus 3, cavalry a plus 2, and artillery a plus 1).

What I am suggesting is really a roleplay system to generate enemy pilots... then you get to kill em :)

All neat ideas, but it adds a lot of extra checks and setup to the whole process. might work well in a campaign setting or if you tracked AI sorties. Another spin off would be to have Ace Bio cards. You could ramdomly pick a card that would have all of this worked out before hand. The Ace could add to the planes base Threat Factor (or reduce it if it's a bad pilot). It could also adjust the Threat Level and/or moral posture (Attack/Defense setting) up or down.

I like some of the thought put into that linked set of solo rules. What I don't like too much is the large amounts of charts to check each turn, always having to re-assess the facing (though this might become second nature after a few games), and of course the use of dice (lol).

The initial thought I had for very simple AI movement selection was for you to plan your moves, and then to randomly draw 3 or 4 maneuver cards for him. You then have to plan his moves out using only those cards. You have to pick the cards and plan the moves based on the Threat Level and Posture of the pilot for that turn. This means you can't react to his card selection and you can't just pick what cards you would like (lining up an easy kill for yoru self). Drawing 4 cards would allow for more realistic maneuvers and we could throw in allowing one card to be swapped out if it was a steep, immalmman, climb or dive (again random draw for the replacement).

This gives up an actual thought out and planned set of manuevers with very little influance by us the player.

Tommy Z
09-16-2011, 09:33
On a tangent, you now have me thinking about putting Pilots on 3x5 cards. I can shuffle & randomly assign pilots & keep track of kills, wounds, morale, acts of cowardice & bravery. Each may have a favored plane etc...

I can use this for both sides.

Flying Officer Kyte
09-16-2011, 11:28
On a tangent, you now have me thinking about putting Pilots on 3x5 cards. I can shuffle & randomly assign pilots & keep track of kills, wounds, morale, acts of cowardice & bravery. Each may have a favored plane etc...

What a good idea Tommy. :thumbsup:I did this with my AWI. Officers many years ago, but had forgotten all about it. Top marks for jogging the old brain cells. You see I'd be lost without Kytey around to keep me ticking over.:salute:
Rob.

crhkrebs
11-29-2011, 10:18

die roll Phase 1
1 Straight
2 Straight
3 Straight
4 Right turn
5 Right turn
6 Right turn
7 Left turn
8 Left turn
9 Left turn
19 Reroll
20 Reroll

It works try it.

Yes it will "work", but I'm afraid I would like some more to the enemy than just random movement. How about something more along these lines:

First, my side always goes first, with the planes programmed in the usual way. Then it is the enemy turn. For sake of argument the enemy consist of 3 Camels that are trying to bust a German balloon.
Secondly, the enemy move. Now assume all three enemy planes have to make a slight right turn to face the balloon. This would be the most aggressive move possible. Then throw an aggression roll on a D10 for each of the 3 enemy Camels.

On a Roll of 9 or 10 this is the most aggressive move possible. The plane selects the slight right turn, directly towards the balloon.

On a Roll of 7 or 8 this is the second most aggressive move possible. The plane does a sharper right on a Roll of 8 or a straight maneuver on a Roll of 7. Not quite to the balloon, but close.

On a Roll of 5 or 6 this is the most indirect flight at right angles to the balloon. The planes flies at 90 degrees to the right of the objective on a Roll of 6 and to the left on a Roll of 5.

On a Roll of 3 or 4 this is the penultimate most evasive move away from the objective. If the objective is a 12:00 o'clock then a Roll of 4 is a move to 4:00 o'clock and a Roll of 3 is a move to 8 o'clock.

On a Roll of 1 or 2 this is the most evasive maneuver possible. The plane turns away from the objective (the balloon). If this requires an Immelman, then so be it.

Clearly, not all directions can work for each die Roll. Some decision making has to be done by the solo player. Also this is a random distribution of moves. To make the planes more aggressive change Die rolls to 4 groups of Settings: 8,9,10 then 5,6,7 then 3, 4 and 1,2

For Aces add +2 to each Roll
For Veteran Pilots add +1 to any die Roll
For Regular pilots use as is
For Green pilots subtract -1 from Roll
For every 1/3 of total plane Damage incurred modify Roll by -1 (So a plane with 15 damage points that has sustained 9 Damage is not very aggressive anymore. Modify the Roll by -2)
This should mimic pilot ability and plane damage to aggression levels.

Any thoughts?

toddwf
11-29-2011, 18:21
I can attest that the rules Michael posted work great. There is some real intelligence built into the movement selections. The dice are just there to make it less predictable. Reassessing the facing is extremely easy with the template he provides. And the charts are extremely simple too. Honestly, it feels like flying against a human at times. I will definitely be using the system in the future.

Todd

Beer&pretzels
11-30-2011, 10:13
I don't want to know about an effective and fun solo play system. If there was (is) such a system then I would most likely never make it to work, hence losing my gaming house and my ability to buy planes.

Flying Officer Kyte
11-30-2011, 12:30
I don't want to know about an effective and fun solo play system. If there was (is) such a system then I would most likely never make it to work, hence losing my gaming house and my ability to buy planes.

It will be useful for those who can't get to regular games, or are out in rural areas with no other gamers for many miles. We must consider their needs as well Michael.
Rob.

Beer&pretzels
11-30-2011, 15:14
Didn't think of that, Rob. But if I start commenting on rules and systems, please call WoG anonymous, I'll need an intervention. This isn't so much of a game anymore than a way of life.

rote Flügel
11-30-2011, 22:39
I hear ya Mike... I have been using some solo rules lately and find the sun hurts my eyes any more.. lol... we should plan a day at royal or that other place.. lol.. and get in a couple games before xmas...

Hunter
12-01-2011, 02:23

Good idea, I'm going to try it out.

Nightbomber
12-01-2011, 02:48
If anybody is interested how the solo rules of Tyneside Wargame Club work, here is the link to my 1st test:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?6582-Solo-Rules-tested.-Downed-by-an-AI-pilot.

...and an AAR of a bomb mission intercepted by 2 AI S.E.5a scouts:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?6875-I-was-flying-as-a-nightbomber...

crhkrebs
12-01-2011, 08:06
I can attest that the rules Michael posted work great...........Todd

Todd and George,

I didn't mean to disparage your system, or how you were playing. If the rules work great, then that is excellent. But, I still prefer my "aggression rolls". :)

Let us assume that a single seater fighter/bomber is approaching his target, under both our systems. Let us further assume that at the last moment disaster strikes and an Immelman turn is selected. Our plane is now flying away from the objective.:eek:

On a simple aggression roll on a D10 for each enemy plane:

8, 9, 10 - aggressively fly with most direct route to the objective or nearest enemy plane if within 2 ruler lengths.

5, 6, 7 - somewhat aggressively fly to the left or right to the most direct route to the objective or nearest enemy plane if within 2 ruler lengths.

3, 4 - fly in a neutral manner, neither towards nor away from objective. May fly towards nearest enemy plane if within 2 ruler lengths.

1, 2 - fly away using most direct route from the objective or from nearest enemy plane regardless of proximity.

Under this system the "programmed" plane will turn around and proceed to it's target with a greater probability.;)

In the randomized flight card system, once a plane is turned away from an objective or target, in all probability, it will tend to continue flying away from the action. I think this will work fine for a "furball" dogfight where the center of action changes.

I prefer playing games with a ground based objective, that the "programmed" planes display a "bias" towards.

Hopefully, both these work fine.:drinks:

toddwf
12-01-2011, 19:28
Todd and George,

I didn't mean to disparage your system, or how you were playing. If the rules work great, then that is excellent. But, I still prefer my "aggression rolls". :)I wasn't attesting that Mike George's rules work great. I really don't know. I haven't tried them. I was attesting that the rules Micheal (AKA Dwarflord22) posted work great (http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/wowrules.html); And not only for solo gaming. My son (who is 5) and I played cooperatively against the AI planes and had a great time.

I could see combining your aggression ideas with the Tyneside rules. I may have to try it one of these days.

Todd

john snelling
12-08-2011, 17:04
"I like some of the thought put into that linked set of solo rules. What I don't like too much is the large amounts of charts to check each turn, always having to re-assess the facing (though this might become second nature after a few games), and of course the use of dice (lol)."
The facing can be determined without the aide after accouple of games played. I really like the solo rules I usually run 2 fighters against 3 fighters for the opposing side. For a change up 2 bombers escorted by a fighter or a recon escorted by 2 fighters. But, I think you ideas have alot of merit and should be developed. I also hope more aircraft charts are made for solo rules. John

HTRAINo
09-18-2012, 14:00
I like these ideas, but some are far too elaborate. The joy of WoG is it's simplicity.

To simulate moderate unpredictability, without just drawing 3 random cards each enemy turn and struggling to get hits may I suggest;

Always pick out Enemy cards first at the start of a new turn... you will see why after a few turns ;)

Enemy 1st card = Choose from deck as normal, place face down.
Enemy 2nd card = Shuffle and random pick from deck (do not look at it!!!) and place face down.
Enemy 3rd card = Flip a coin? Choose from deck as normal or re-shuffle for random pick. Place face down.

NB; If the random card causes an explosion or collision... thats A.I. for you ;) Would be better to imagine these enemy pilots as 'in difficulty', and you are trying to take them out.

Now, you have an idea of whats going on (as an Ace might do) but the odd random picks will throw you off.

Watchdog
09-18-2012, 14:22
I would say that since September 2011 we have made some nice advance on the field of the solo rules.

Check the Over the Trenches campaign on this site.

MoonSylver
09-18-2012, 14:36
I would say that since September 2011 we have made some nice advance on the field of the solo rules.

Check the Over the Trenches campaign on this site.

Agreed. 1/2 the time the AI plays better than I do! :eek::guns::crash::lol:

I haven't started using them yet, but some of the rules Blackronin added, like morale, I think will take the Advanced Bradley rules to the next level for me.

Interesting to see this thread though, which I'd missed, as it does have some good thoughts in it, like adding "offensive/defensive" choices to the AI pilot(s) (which I have considered trying...)

Doug
09-18-2012, 15:03
I am not a fan of solo games games as it takes away the socialisation which is half the reason I play, (I am lucky in that I live with my eldest son so I can get a game any time he is not busy) even if I could only get a game every month or couple of months. Having said that there is a lot to consider location, travel time, game time, so there is a need for solo rules, but I think the way to go is stand set of rules to play over the net as others have done. That way the distance problem is overcome and you still get the socialsation. Anyway I hope you are able to sort something out:thumbsup:

csadn
09-19-2012, 12:29
This all quite beguiling -- and excessively complicated.

Simply put: An AI's behavior is based on what mission it is attempting to accomplish. If its task is "destroy an enemy plane", then its movements will be simple: It will attempt to bring its weapons to bear on the plane. If its task is "bomb a target", it will head for the target, unload its bombs as effectively as possible, and depart (with possible adjustments to allow a gunner to clear its tail). Et cetera, et so on, et so forth.

For the rare occasions I do AIs, I do this:

First, I plot my own movement.

Second, I look at where the AI is in relation to its target (usually my plane; could be a ground target).

Third, I plot the enemy's movement so as to best place it to accomplish its task *as matters stand at the moment* -- that is: I assume the AI knows what maneuvers I can perform (to include speed-restricted maneuvers -- for ex.: If I've just performed an Immelmann); then, using that data as well as my current position, I "guess" at what I might be trying to do, and maneuver accordingly.

The AI hasn't beaten me yet, but I have gotten the living s*** shot out me before putting the bastard down....

Lt. S.Kafloc
01-22-2013, 14:43
I'm implementing a simple system using a d20.
1. Every move a plane flown by IA takes damage a d20 roll greater than the damage will keep him in the flight.
2. Enemy planes will always try and keep height advantage (using the solo rules by Richard Bradley any straight becomes a climb if height is required).
3. Enemy planes will change any straight to a dive to close on an enemy below them.

I am also trying to change the climb rates for planes to actual climb rates so I can include dive rates. My reasoning lighter planes climb faster, heavier planes dive quicker. Once I have this and play tested it I will include it in the files/game aids section.

Nightbomber
01-22-2013, 14:50
Neil, I have been thinking of putting alt rules in the solo system for a long time. Please test it if you please and I'll gladly study your report. :thumbsup:

BTW, this was your 100th post:FOK:

mike_espo
04-17-2013, 08:31
I am primarily a 'solo' gamer. Trying to get my wife to play. :hmm:

Solo is great when trying to compare relative aircraft together. Or replaying a scenario which is unbalanced. Dogfights, however of course are better with an opponent, never can quite get a realistic unpredictability of an experienced live opponent with any solo system.

MoonSylver
04-17-2013, 09:32
I am primarily a 'solo' gamer. Trying to get my wife to play. :hmm:

Solo is great when trying to compare relative aircraft together. Or replaying a scenario which is unbalanced. Dogfights, however of course are better with an opponent, never can quite get a realistic unpredictability of an experienced live opponent with any solo system.

Don't be so sure...the Bradley Advanced rules via Blackronin are pretty cagey...;)

Flying Officer Kyte
04-17-2013, 11:07
I was going to say the same Rob. It gets difficult enough to see two of my best Two seater pilots go West on the last mission.
Rob.

mike_espo
04-17-2013, 19:55
Don't be so sure...the Bradley Advanced rules via Blackronin are pretty cagey...;)

I would love to be wrong. Which ruleset are you refering to?

MoonSylver
04-18-2013, 14:50
I would love to be wrong. Which ruleset are you refering to?

You can find Richard Bradley's original Solo Rules (Including the "Clock Face" Template you'll need) HERE: http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/wowrules.html

You can find the charts for the Advanced version by our own Blackronin, which is the recommended version & used by the "Over the Trenches" Solo Campaign(s) here on the 'drome HERE:

Chart for Maneuver Decks A, B, & S (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1075)

Chart for C (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1076)

Chart for D (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1077)

Chart for F & N (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1078)

Chart for G (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1079)

Chart for J (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1080)

Chart for L (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1081)

Chart for M (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1082)

Chart for O (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1083)

Chart for P (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1084)

Chart for Q (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1085)

Chart for E & I (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1086)

Chart for K & H (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1087)

Lt. S.Kafloc
04-18-2013, 15:09
Andy I need to get on top of this I've put it off for too long. Over the next 2 weeks I'll try and get something down that might work. I'll PM it to you so you can play test as well and we can compare notes and improve it or shelve it into file 13 (the bin).

Neil, I have been thinking of putting alt rules in the solo system for a long time. Please test it if you please and I'll gladly study your report. :thumbsup:

BTW, this was your 100th post:FOK:

MoonSylver
04-19-2013, 14:44
Andy I need to get on top of this I've put it off for too long. Over the next 2 weeks I'll try and get something down that might work. I'll PM it to you so you can play test as well and we can compare notes and improve it or shelve it into file 13 (the bin).

Have you tried the ones in use in the OtT campaign? I have not myself as of yet. I do like the SOUND of them, but Andy's AAR's w/out a lot of shooting concern me a little. As long there is some cavet or rule in them to facillitate diving when appropriate to shoot I think they sound fine. (FO Kyte has been using them to good effect. I'm assuming you are just making the decision for the AI as to when they dive in order to shoot Rob?)

I'm thinking that just adding the clause that they will always maintain height advantage UNLESS they are within 1 Ruler w/ an opportunity to shoot, in which case they will dive would do the trick? :confused:

7eat51
04-19-2013, 16:22
I am primarily a 'solo' gamer. Trying to get my wife to play.

Sue plays. Next time we hook up, maybe we can get your wife into a game.