PDA

View Full Version : Rock CON Coming Nov 4-6

rote Flügel
09-08-2011, 10:36
Hey Guys..
Just wanted to let everyone know.. this is a really nice convention.
there should be space to do some pick up games.. and I'd like to maybe do a scenario for it if possible.. maybe a joint effort with someone.. there is a web site

www.rock-con.com

Check it out.. maybe we can get some guys together and have some fun ..

Beer&pretzels
09-08-2011, 12:21
Gunnar,
Sounds like fun. I am willing to register an event. I already have 1 scenario that has been play tested several times and am working on a larger one. The first scenario would work well with 3 - 5 players and the second one would need over 6.

Kenny43
09-08-2011, 13:01
I might head out to Rockford for that.

afilter
09-08-2011, 14:13
I had a great time there last year. Only played Naval Thunder. Nice venue..alas I will be gone...maybe 2012. ;)

rote Flügel
09-08-2011, 17:19
Mike, sounds good.. I'd love to do that one we tried out at Royal.. and would be fun to do the larger version.. I should have my second balloon done by then.. Got a Drachen and am painting it up this week plus the balloon buster I bought from Royal.. and I should have decals to finish my repaints too. so I will have a good number of Jasta 10 planes to throw in the air by then.. lol. I plan on being there every day if we get guys showing up all weekend too..
Aaron.. wish you could be there.. and Ken.. hope we can get a few games in..

Beer&pretzels
09-09-2011, 07:26
Gunnar, I am planning on registering a game during the Saturday afternoon slot. any possibility that you can make it to Games Plus next Sat?

Beer&pretzels
09-09-2011, 07:48
I just registered a Wings of War game for Saturday afternoon. I'll let everyone know when it has been confirmed.

rote Flügel
09-15-2011, 00:19
Aaron.. I got my first boxes and planes at last years ROC CON... Maybe you can make a Games Plus or a Royal Hobby game day. I know Mike and I could use more company when we do these games at the stores.. lol.. any chance yuo can make ot to Games plus this weekend??? or anyone else in the Northern Illinois or Wisconsin border areas..

Kenny43
09-15-2011, 06:21
I cant get out this weekend...actually the next 4 weekends are busy for me. :(

afilter
09-15-2011, 06:50
Aaron.. I got my first boxes and planes at last years ROC CON... Maybe you can make a Games Plus or a Royal Hobby game day. I know Mike and I could use more company when we do these games at the stores.. lol.. any chance yuo can make ot to Games plus this weekend??? or anyone else in the Northern Illinois or Wisconsin border areas..
I would love to, but unfortunately my planes are going to be in the hanger for the next year as I am heading out for military deployment soon. Maybe next year.

Beer&pretzels
09-16-2011, 07:26
I've just recieved confirmation that the convention accepted the application for a Wings of War game. I asked for the Saturday afternoon time slot 2:00 to 4:00 PM. Hoping to play at least two scenarios.

rote Flügel
09-16-2011, 07:37
Whoo hooo... cool.. sounds like we have a game then..

Beer&pretzels
09-16-2011, 11:26
Gunnar, could you please bring a pair of DVII's tomorrow? I'm thinking we'll do that 1st scenario; Germany starts with 2 DVII's, 2 DIII's and 3 Rumplers. The allies start with the 2 US SPAD XIII's, 2 Camels, a balloon along with 6 trenches, 2 with A guns and two with B guns. See you tomoorow.

Mike

rote Flügel
09-16-2011, 13:18
I happen to have 2 of those DVIIs so will cart them along.. looking forward to the game..

Oberst Hajj
09-16-2011, 22:07
Michael, I was looking for your event on the Con's gaming chart and did not see it??

Beer&pretzels
09-19-2011, 07:20
Keith, they sporadically update that list. I received an e-mail from them on Friday saying that they accepted the game. Thay said that they would update the list "soon".

Beer&pretzels
09-19-2011, 08:51
Keith, I just checked with registrationand they haven't updated the list since Sept. 8. They said they were going to update this week. Any chance that you could make it Herr Oberst?

Oberst Hajj
09-19-2011, 09:43
Nope, not going to make it. I was wondering more of Con Medals here on the site.

Beer&pretzels
09-26-2011, 11:55
The Rock-con website has been updated and we are on the list. There will be a WGF game Saturday, Nov. 4 2:00 - 6:00 PM. Hoping to get in two scenarios.

rote Flügel
09-30-2011, 09:11
I would love to, but unfortunately my planes are going to be in the hanger for the next year as I am heading out for military deployment soon. Maybe next year.

Between Mile and myself we should have enough plane Aaron.. just bring yourself.. on th e15th this month we will be at Royal for a game day.. if you can make it that would be awesome.. but I understand if you have things to do before deployment.. I'm Ex-Coast Guard.. so I can appreciate your time constraints before shipping out.. if you can't make it we will just have to see what we can do after you get back.. until then .. Thanks for your service.. from one Serviceman to another..

crashx
10-03-2011, 19:04
Thanks Michael for posting a game at Rock-Con. I have a Scout training on that Saturday so I won't be there. But I was thinking about doing something Friday night and Sunday afternoon as I will be around then. Friday night could be a simple work shop for us to show the game, work on skills, as well as some game time for some of us. And Sunday I was thinking about an Aces tounament, last one flying wins and lives to tell the tall tales at the officers club!!! If you think you can make it let me know.

rote Flügel
10-04-2011, 05:40
Tim.. that all sounds like good fun.. I am planning to have the weekend free.. but will have to see how things go at the moment.. but I was planning on being there a lot if I could manage it..

crashx
10-04-2011, 15:38
That's great!!! Gunner, you want me if it is possible to list you as a co-judge to get you in for free on those two days??? Let me know, I want to get this in this week!!

Beer&pretzels
10-05-2011, 12:36
Friday night is prettty much out for me. However, Sunday is possible at this point.

rote Flügel
10-05-2011, 21:56
Tim.. PM sent..
Mike.. that is awesome I'm really looking forward to getting some games in this year..

crashx
10-06-2011, 17:21
Friday night and Sunday games are applied for. Just need conformation from the Rock-Con staff.

Beer&pretzels
11-07-2011, 10:21
Report from Rock-Con:

Ten people showed up to play WoGF on Sat. It seemed like everybody had a good time. when I registered the game, I said that I could take ten people i was thinking five for the first scenario and five for second, buti squeezed everybody into the first. 6 guys played the Central Powers with two planes each, and the other four played the Allies also two planes each. Used both game mats for the surface and allowed any planes that flew off the mats 3 manouvers to get back on the mats. I played the March 1918 scenario that Rote Flugel, CrashX and I have been developing. The Central Powers started with 2 DIII's, 2 Dr.I's, 4 DVa's, 3 Rumplers, and 1 UFAC. The Allies countered with 2 Camels, 2 SE5a's, 2 Nieuport 17's, and 2 SPAD XIII's. The Allies also had an obsevation balloon and 6 trenches, 2 with A guns and 2 with B guns. The German objective was to open a path for infantry advance. In order for the infantry to advance the trenches needed to be destroyed and the balloon needed to be eliminated. We've run this scenario 5 times but on a smaller scale and Germany has only had one win. However, this time the Germans were able to eliminate the objectives. German air losses were greater, 2 Rumplers, 1 UFAC, 2 DVa's, and a Dr.I versus the Allied losses, 1 SPAD, 1 Nieuport, 1 Camel and the balloon.

I want to thank Rote Flugel for coming over and helping with the game. Gunnar, without your help I may not have kept what little is left of my sanity.

Out of the ten people that played only 4 had experience with WoG, but it seemed like everyone had a good time.

Willi Von Klugermann
11-07-2011, 10:37
Sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for the post mission debriefing.

rote Flügel
11-08-2011, 13:14
you're very welcome Mike.. I had a blast and the Central Powers finally took the day again..
It was a lot of fun and a Huge crowd.. it seemed to me that everyone was having a good time.. from Noob to experienced players.. Might even have made a couple converts and maybe gotten a player or teo for our Royal Rumbles.. lol.. it would be great to get more people involved in the game.. next sprinng may open that opportunity better with all the new planes coming out..
BTW... the tourney on sunday was fun as well.. Tim (CrashX) made it out and brought his 2 sons with. they seemed to have a great time shooting us old timers down.. lol..

Beer&pretzels
11-09-2011, 10:29
Gunnar,
Did any of the Saturday players make it to Tim's Sunday game? It sure seemed like everyone had fun on Sat. Pat and I had a blast. Several of the guys asked where they could get the planes. Sure hope we see new ones soon.

rote Flügel
11-13-2011, 07:37
The tournament Sunday was a small crowd... and none of the guys from Saturday seemed to be around at all from what I saw... it would have been nice to have a few more players for that ...