PDA

View Full Version : Shapeways Pups Arrive at the Bristol Aerodrome

David Manley
08-25-2011, 22:21
I returned form a fun day out at sea to find that a brace of Sopwith Pubs had arrived from Shapeways. WSF, the finish is fairly smooth. I'm busy sorting out stuff for the naval wargames weekend at Gosport today, and then at the event over the weekend so I doubt I'll have time to paint them up until next week, but when they are done I'll post pictures here. they do lok rather lovely though :)

Just looking for some decent RNAS schemes for these kites. Any suggestions?

Flying Officer Kyte
08-26-2011, 01:25
Glad to hear they didn't sell you a pup then Dave. Oh no they sold you two!:minis:
Look forward to seeing them.
Rob.

Guntruck
08-26-2011, 03:27
I was more interested that they had sent him two pubs :D:pint:

David Manley
08-26-2011, 04:03
I was more interested that they had sent him two pubs

A subliminal message there, obviously :)

somaliavet
08-26-2011, 05:53
I was more interested that they had sent him two pubs :D:pint:

WOW, Shapeways carries EVERYTHING!

:drinks:

Flying Officer Kyte
08-26-2011, 07:01
The down side is that you have to drink your beer out of resin cups. The up side is that they are textured so that thy don't slip out of your grasp.
Rob.

Guntruck
08-26-2011, 07:42
WOW, Shapeways carries EVERYTHING!

:drinks:

Which finish would you like on your pub? sandpaper or knitted?

The down side is that you have to drink your beer out of resin cups. The up side is that they are textured so that thy don't slip out of your grasp.
Rob.

The other downside is that you order a drink and it takes 6 weeks to be served.

[helpful mode] To get back to David's query about Naval schemes, I'll have a look-see this weekend, as I am about to produce some cards for the Pup for myself, once I've finished a few Sopwith Tripehound cards. Didn't think they had that many, but I may be wrong. [\helpful mode]

somaliavet
08-26-2011, 07:46
Which finish would you like on your pub? sandpaper or knitted?

I think I'll take mine late, then rejected due to processing problems, if you please.

David Manley
08-26-2011, 08:53
Late? Thats a type of coffee isn't it? Not the kind of thing a chap should be ordering in a pub!

flyingryno
08-26-2011, 08:58
Whose late? Better late than never? Why?

David Manley
08-26-2011, 09:06
I think I'll take mine late, then rejected due to processing problems, if you please.

I'll have mine "here" and "delivered on time", like my triplanes and the Caproni ;):p

gully_raker
08-26-2011, 19:14
;) Well I am not even going to try to compete with all that "pommy" wit!:surrender:
Must be all those G & Ts you blokes drink in the Mess.
I will just have a Irish Coffee thanks! High on the Whisky & low on the Coffee & Cream!:thumbsup:

Seriously you could check out the New Osprey RNAS Aces book for some Pup schemes.

Guntruck
08-26-2011, 22:49
We now return you to our normal programming ;)

David, if you want a bit of colour on your Pup, why not do Breadner's Naval 3 Pup? This is pinched from the Osprey Pup Aces book and has the advantage of showing the top view:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21184&d=1314423846

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21185&d=1314423848