PDA

View Full Version : DH-2 Skytrex or Reveresco?

gully_raker
08-24-2011, 17:10
:salute: Morning All!
May I ask your opinion as to which kit is the best for making some DH-2s? :confused:
All input greatfully received.:thumbsup:

Flying Officer Kyte
08-25-2011, 01:54
For that particular one it's Skytrex for me. I only use Reveresco if Skytrex don't do that particular model. That is partly because of the expense of postage from the States, which will not apply to you so much, and partly because I have found the cleaning up less difficult on Skytrex.Doubtless you will get other opinions Barry, as we all have our own favourites.
Rob.

Doug
08-25-2011, 03:32
Barry as Rob said I would go with the Skytrex model I find the Reveresco models very nice but to fragile for my shakey hands.

Bluedevil
08-25-2011, 04:58
Just ordered a Gotha, 3 Hanriot HD1's, 2 EIII's and 2 DH2's from Skytrex...;)
I'm planning to do Willy Coppen's blue HD1( duh! ) but don't know yet how I am going to paint the 2 others... The Gotha definitely has to be a machine that was stationed at Gontrode ( that airfield was approximately 30 km from where I live now so that is almost next-door :p)

I'm scouting for (coloured ) pictures of all these machines so all help is appreciated :thankyou:and I do hope that Skytrex models are less fiddly to put together than Reviresco ( and cleaner moulded .).. My first attempt at a Reviresco kit left me with a huge hangover:hmm::crash:

FLt Brown
08-25-2011, 08:24
Good afternoon Chaps, I have just finished 3 of the Skytrex Gotha's and I found the info on the build page most helpful.
As the wings are all metal both top and bottom I found it best to fit the larger struts to the lower wing once it was glued to the fuselage. This then held down with a little blue tack helped keep it steady.
By putting the smaller struts on the top wing gave me the chance to fit the two sections together and then easy the smaller sections into position.
Last of all was to fit the wheels assembly as they are a little delicate. I then primed the completed model with some car primer this evens out the finish of the metal parts.
I kept the gunners separate and fitted them on completion.
As for colour scheme I made up my own.
Good luck with yours.:thumbsup:

Flying Officer Kyte
08-25-2011, 09:09
Glad you found it useful Kevin. You sound as if you don't need much help anyway. We all gradually find our own way of doing models. The How to articles are there just to encourage those who have not done much model building before.
Rob.

FLt Brown
08-25-2011, 10:29
I have to say new or more experienced model makers, it is always good to see how other people work and any tips that can be picked up are always welcome.
I would like to put some pictures on of the finished Gotha's but have problems getting things onto the site not being to good at working on the forum:confused:

Zakopious
08-25-2011, 10:37
I have a PDF file for a DH 2 cardmodel by Beepa Etc. Paper Models.
This was downloaded several years ago and looks as if it could be reduced to 1/144 scale without too much trouble.
I never tried to build this model.
Beepa Etc. Paper Models seems to have disappeared from the internet.
Would you consider a cardmodel instead of Skytrex or Reveresco ?
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6633/dh2image.jpg

gully_raker
08-25-2011, 19:05
I have a PDF file for a DH 2 cardmodel by Beepa Etc. Paper Models.
This was downloaded several years ago and looks as if it could be reduced to 1/144 scale without too much trouble.
I never tried to build this model.
Beepa Etc. Paper Models seems to have disappeared from the internet.
Would you consider a cardmodel instead of Skytrex or Reveresco ?
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6633/dh2image.jpg

:thumbsup: Thanks Kenneth for the suggestions but Card Models dont appeal to me.:)

FLt Brown
08-26-2011, 02:24
Well I have taken some pictures of my Gotha's and hope to attache them to this mail?
I hope it works out:confused:

I have as I said made up my own scheme I used the Reversco Decals to get the lozenge effect and I think it works well but you need to cut and past then together to get the wing size of the Gotha.

Regards Kev

Doug
08-26-2011, 02:56
Very nice models also like the rigging, If only my hand were steady enough to make a model like that!

grumpybear
08-26-2011, 05:32
Very nice:minis::thumbsup:

Madboyo
08-26-2011, 05:43
Excellent. Makes me want a few...

somaliavet
08-26-2011, 05:45
VERY impressive Gothas, sir! Well done! :salute:

Flying Officer Kyte
08-26-2011, 06:55
I like the look of those. Very neatly done Kevin. Just showing off with the rigging! I wish I had done that with mine.
Rob.

Guntruck
08-26-2011, 07:54
Well I have taken some pictures of my Gotha's and hope to attache them to this mail?
I hope it works out:confused:

I have as I said made up my own scheme I used the Reversco Decals to get the lozenge effect and I think it works well but you need to cut and past then together to get the wing size of the Gotha.

Regards Kev

Oh yes, very nice indeed.

flyingryno
08-26-2011, 08:46
Beautiful, I need to get some!!