PDA

View Full Version : Historical Dates of entry

swarbs
08-21-2011, 17:29
With half a mind to creating a future campaign, I began trying to collect information about the date each of the aircraft models represented by cards in Wings of War were first available for use. The idea would be that pilots would have a limited selection at the start of the war but could have the chance to upgrade to more modern aircraft as they became available historically. This would give the players the opportunity to play a wider range of aircraft, or at least that's my thinking.

Anyway, I started some intensive googleing, and while I could often find the dates when an airframe first became available (ie D520, Yak 1), I couldn't find dates nearly as reliably for different models of each aircraft (id Bf 109 E-3, P-40F etc.). Is there a single print source that you can recommend that would have this information? I don't mind getting a book or two to fill in the gaps from the web, but I don't plan on building a whole library just to entertain my own fancy. The dates need not be more specific than a month, or even the season (ie Spring '41, mid-'43).

Or, even better, have any of you crazies compiled similar information? I'd be glad to mooch off someone else's hard work.

Tommy Z
08-21-2011, 17:49
Seth, there are lots of these in the files section under game aides. Here is one just doing a quick look.....
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=864

I'm a big believer in letting those more knowledgeable do the dirty work....hope this helps! :thumbsup:

swarbs
08-21-2011, 19:29
Looks like that one is WWI, but you're right, I completely neglected the files section. Let me look around, thanks.

swarbs
08-22-2011, 18:19
Well, I haven't found a WWII equivalent to the more detailed information that we've got in the WWI files section. I'll keep poking around for this sort of information, but if anyone can shoot me a title or two, go for it.