PDA

View Full Version : First meeting of the Glenside Flight

Goering Ace
08-21-2011, 14:33
On Friday night I joined Heinz Schultz (Debbie) and Paisan (Carl) at Debbies house for an evening of WOW. I met Debbie and Carl at Historicon 2011 when they attended one of my events. Turns out we live very close to one another, with Debbie living only 3 miles from my house. So we found an day when all could attend and an evening of gaming ensued. Unfortunately Hunter was under the weather that night and couldn't join in, so it was just the three of us. Because of the odd number, we chose a free for all game. And to make things interesting, we used a house rule that Debbie has used with another group she games with. This rule was limited ammo. Each player was delt 10 damage cards prior to the start of the game, and with each short or long rang shot, one or two of the cards were handed to the targeted opponent. Once the cards were gone, we had to try and make it back to our entry point to bring in a new plane (or the same plane if you wanted). Debbie chose a Fokker D.VII as her first (and turns out only) plane, while Carl selected the S.E.5a. I chose a Sopwith Snipe, which I rarely fly. Overall a great balance with the top three scouts in the game.

Debbie scored the first kill of the night as she downed Carl after we both hammered him early (picture #1). My Snipe scored the second kill of the evening as Carl drew the explosion card after taking only 2 points of damage in his second go with the S.E.5a. Carl, as you can see, wasn't having the best luck up to this point. :) After running out of ammo, I returned to my aerodrome and returned to the fray with a healthy Fokker Dr.I (my Snipe, by the way, only received 9 points of damage before exiting). As the battle raged on, one of the two downed my Dr.I. Meanwhile Debbie, without ammo, headed for home to spawn a new D.VII. Carl continued the fight in his 3rd S.E.5 while I returnd a third time in a Pfalz D.IIIa. These planes battled fiercly and finally Carls S.E.5 went down for the third time (at the hands of my guns), after taking a whopping 14 cards of damage!! (picture #3) He returned to the game in a Spad XIII and we finished the night with Debbie's D.VII falling and me missing a 3rd kill on Carl by just 1 point. As it was, I ran out of ammo and headed for home.

Overall it was a great night of WOW, with countless Monty Python quotes fly about continuously throughout the evening. Can't wait to do it all again! :D

Scott

Tommy Z
08-21-2011, 17:56
Nice Pics...sounds like a good time!:pint:

The Cowman
08-21-2011, 21:18
Congrats on a successful evening! May you have many many more!

flyingryno
08-21-2011, 22:12
Looks like a good times was had by all? Isn't that the goal besides the result of the game.

Albert Ross
08-21-2011, 22:14
"Karl Heinz" sounds like one of those deadly she devil pilots.....nice report, and obviously a fun evening. :thumbsup:

BTW I know this sounds like a coincidence, but "Glenside" was a well known mental hospital in my home town!:lol:

Hunter
08-22-2011, 18:16
"Karl Heinz" sounds like one of those deadly she devil pilots.....nice report, and obviously a fun evening. :thumbsup:

BTW I know this sounds like a coincidence, but "Glenside" was a well known mental hospital in my home town!:lol:

Well, there you are, they are obviously 'crazy' for this game! My recommendations, play two sorties and fly again in the morning!

Flying Officer Kyte
08-23-2011, 03:22
This is what the game is really all about. A group of friends meeting for a good time and knocking seven bells out of each other.
Thanks for the heads up Scott.
I hope Captain Hunter is now fully recovered. Men of his quality are in short supply at the front.
Rob.

itchy
08-23-2011, 13:21
Great report .