PDA

View Full Version : Available Planes in G.B.

Flying Officer Kyte
08-21-2011, 03:12
At the suggestion of Stormkahn, I made a personal visit to Caliver Books yesterday, and the propriotor Dave, whom I know through re-enacting was good enough to let me loose in his back room store. As of yesterday, he had in stock the following.
2 FoGs. One Revised Deluxe set, several Von R Rolands, a couple of Airco DH's, several Rickenbacker Spads, Ufag CIs, Rumplers, Dallas and Barker Camels, Hohn and Holtzem, Phalz, Bishop and Boudwin SE5a. Ferg and Fry RE8s, A couple of Snipes for each of Reary, Baker, and Barker, and a couple of Udet DVa's. This is what I could see without disturbing his shelves too much. There were also a goodly bunch of DoW planes.
I am afraid that I grabbed the last Barracca Spad and one of the Udets for repaints. If anyone wants the Udet badly enough, I am quite happy to swap for any other DVa or DIII they may have knocking about.
Ialso have a Baumer for which I am prepared to make the same deal. otherwise it will end up asanother Jasta 15 machine.
Hope this will be of some use.
Rob.

Kenny43
08-22-2011, 06:00
I need an Udet! I dont have another DVa to trade in its place though. :( My only extras are Fonk, Rickenbaker, and Ryrie.

Flying Officer Kyte
08-22-2011, 12:59
I need an Udet! I dont have another DVa to trade in its place though. :( My only extras are Fonk, Rickenbaker, and Ryrie.

Sorry Ken. I need like for like in order to do my repaints.
Rob.

Kenny43
08-22-2011, 14:22
Understood...thanks anyway.

Mitchell422
08-22-2011, 18:44
Rob, what about the deluxe set?????

Flying Officer Kyte
08-23-2011, 00:50
Rob, what about the deluxe set?????

Yes Caliver have a New Deluxe set Mitch.
Rob.

Madboyo
08-23-2011, 05:50
interesting. When I tried to order some on his free shipping offer they suddenly disappeared. Shame on Caliver!

Harry Tate
08-23-2011, 07:38
I have just contacted Caliver re the FOTG expansion, which was listed on their website at £28.50 - however when I spoke to the Lady at the bookshop to confirm it was in stock, which it is (they have an English and a French copy), she informed me that it was now £55.00. She passed the phone to a gentleman who also asserted that it was now £55.00, and that the web page showing £28.50 should have been taken down!!

Very poor show Caliver Books!:(

Flying Officer Kyte
08-23-2011, 08:21
I am very sorry to hear that you are being treated in this way chaps, after I reccommended the shop. I will have a few words to say next time I see Dave Ryan. It not only gives his shop a bad name, but reflects on me as I suggested it. I can only say how sorry I am that you have been treated in this
cavalier fashion.
Rob.

itchy
08-23-2011, 08:39
I have heard a lot of bad reviews and comments about Caliver ,but I have ordered books from him no problem and each year I run a raffle to raise funds for the Royal British Legion and I contact many wargames suppliers and Dave responded with a nice gift and after the raffle contacted me to say he would support us again in future.

Harry Tate
08-23-2011, 13:29
Hi Rob,

There's no need to feel awkward, after all you were doing Caliver a big favour by directing potential trade towards them! It's a shame about the "price hike", I would have loved to have bought a copy of FOTG, and I was prepared tp pay £28.00 plus P + P. Anyway, there is every likelihood that that ALL titles will be re-printed as soon as Andrea finds a suitable company. I just need to be a bit more patient!!!!

Flying Officer Kyte
10-06-2011, 07:50
The Paul Baumer and Udet are now gone.
Rob.

rote Flügel
10-06-2011, 08:25
Mark.. my local store has a FOTG.. at the original price in stock.. if you don't mind paying the shipping I will go get it and you can send me the money for it via paypal.. I will include the shop receipt, and postal receipt as well, so you know I'm not pulling a fast one on you.. just putting that out there..