PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a gaming store in Vancouver Island?

Greywolf
11-26-2009, 02:44
A mate of mine is heading to Vancouver Island [Canada] in a couple of days he is going to look out for a WWI deluxe box set for me but wants me to find him a store to visit to get one.

anyone know of gaming stores on Vancouver Island I could contact and see if they have any in stock.

Cheers
GW

Greywolf
11-26-2009, 14:20
its not looking good. Been surfing for ages even rang a few stores in Vancouver nothing.

So i have spread my internet wings and started searching else where.

Found one site selling the WoW WWI deluxe box set for $22.47EUR BUT nothing in stock.

another site is doing it for $30EUR have emailed them asking for postal costs but considering its FedeX it won't be cheap. one place quoted me $35EUR to post to New Zealand. :eek::eek::eek:

but then again I shouldn't have been to surprised. I mean to get stuff from Europe, U.K and states costs me an arm and a leg.

Very frustrating.

Cheers
GW

Bixby
11-26-2009, 15:45
Drexoll Games in Vancouver is a decent store. I was there a couple of years ago when on vacation. Other than that I have no experience with stores in that area.

Greywolf
11-26-2009, 16:18
Drexoll Games in Vancouver is a decent store. I was there a couple of years ago when on vacation. Other than that I have no experience with stores in that area.

thx Bixby...

Still waiting to hear back from these other companies.

the other site is in Quebec and they are $54.99CND
I guess if I can get it I'm meant to, but if not then the WoW gods are not on my side.

Cheers
GW

The Blue Baron
11-27-2009, 02:35
Found one site selling the WoW WWI deluxe box set for $22.47EUR BUT nothing in stock.

Do you still know where?

Greywolf
11-27-2009, 08:11
Do you still know where?

the site that was selling it for $22.47EUR has stopped selling wings of War.

Another site i found was selling it for $25.86EUR but will charge me $30EUR to send to New Zealand. [$55.86EUR = $117.85NZD]

If I go through a Canadian web site its going to cost me:

$91.50NZD to ship by boat 4-6 weeks
$112.70NZD to send it by air mail. 6-10days

even ebay is not that much better:

$41.90EUR+$16.90EUR = $58.80EUR [$124NZD]

hence why I was trying to find a shop in Vancouver so my mate could get one for me. Save heaps on that dam postage.

Well looks like getting the Deluxe box set is not going to happen.

Cheers
GW

The Blue Baron
11-27-2009, 08:42
Another site i found was selling it for $25.86EUR

Which site? (Four Minis for repainting for less than 30 Euros would be great for me...)

Greywolf
11-27-2009, 22:37
Which site? (Four Minis for repainting for less than 30 Euros would be great for me...)

but the cost of postage was to dam high.

http://www.valquirias.com/

I hope your spanish is good.

let me know how much the postage was to you. be warned you get all the way to paypal and postage is still not added. I have found out you need to pay for the item them either you or them will have to do a seperate paypal transaction for the postage.

Cheers
GW

The Blue Baron
11-28-2009, 16:31
Did not understand a word on the side and I have no paypal account. But thanks nevertheless.

Greywolf
11-28-2009, 21:45
Did not understand a word on the side and I have no paypal account. But thanks nevertheless.

I spent 2 hours on that site copy and pasting into a translation program. it was very frustrating

Cheers
GW

The Blue Baron
11-29-2009, 02:29
:)

Won't do that...