PDA

View Full Version : Siemens-Schuckert

The Blue Baron
11-25-2009, 01:45
Can somebody who has the Dogfight booster tell me the game stats for the D.III and D.IV, please? I am trying to decide which planes to order from Skytrex (http://www.skytrex.com) and my booster is not here yet...

Edit: By stats I mean: Maneuver deck, Damage, Hit Points.

Pooh
11-25-2009, 15:26
The S Schuckert DIII is as follows
Manouver deck = O
Fire deck = A
Hit Points = 14

The D IV has 15 hit points

I believe they both have a climb of 1

Pooh

Pseudotheist
11-25-2009, 15:50
http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic451819_lg.jpg

Edit: Don't know why, but the picture doesn't seem to want to open on this site any more; here's a link:
http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic451819_lg.jpg
Edit': Fixed...

The Blue Baron
11-25-2009, 23:45
Thanks a lot!

IRM
11-26-2009, 04:34
I'll just add that the DIII has a climb rate of 2 (DIV is 1) and that the O deck gives a speed about the same as the B deck (Albatros DVa) but has hard sideslips and 90 degree turn.

ptah1888
12-03-2009, 07:24
What are the altitude ceilings for those planes?

Pseudotheist
12-03-2009, 08:37
I believe they both have a climb of 1
Actually, the D.III apparently has a 2.

What are the altitude ceilings for those planes?

D.III: 15
D.IV: 16

Or, one or 2 levels higher than every other plane in the game.

http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic354817_md.jpg

krolik
12-03-2009, 23:36
Actually, the D.III apparently has a 2.

D.III: 15
D.IV: 16

Or, one or 2 levels higher than every other plane in the game.

I've use the rapid climb & higher ceilling of the SS D IV to get out of trouble a time or two.:)

SHVAK
12-04-2009, 22:03
With the SSw D.IV you can control the battle by altitude alone. Best plane in this game.

krolik
12-04-2009, 23:10
With the SSw D.IV you can control the battle by altitude alone. Best plane in this game.

Well, it does have a few problems, as the rules are writen, every time the SS D.IV does an Immelman or split-s it gains or looses a whole altitude level, also 2 SS D.IVs will automaticlly collide anytime they overlap, they will always have no climb increments.

SHVAK
12-05-2009, 07:34
I use modified rules for all aspects of this game, so Krolik's issues are redundant in my battles - but he is correct for games played with RAW.

The Blue Baron
12-05-2009, 23:53
2 SS D.IVs will automaticlly collide anytime they overlap, they will always have no climb increments.

That's not correct. For collisions height is considered not climb markers.

krolik
12-06-2009, 08:06
That's not correct. For collisions height is considered not climb markers.

Of course when they are at the same altitude. Lack of clarity on my part.

The Blue Baron
12-07-2009, 01:13
But that is the same for all planes! Climb markers are not considered for collisions. Altitude level ONLY.

Pooh
12-07-2009, 09:27
Then my group has been playing wrong for collisions.
The way we've been playing is:
Planes at the same altitude and both with no climb markers can collide with each other
Planes at the same altitude and both with 1 or more climb markers can collide with each other.

Planes at the same altitude, one with climb markers and the other without climb markers will not collide with each other.

Pooh

krolik
12-07-2009, 19:44
Planes at the same altitude and both with no climb markers can collide with each other
Planes at the same altitude and both with 1 or more climb markers can collide with each other.

Planes at the same altitude, one with climb markers and the other without climb markers will not collide with each other.

Pooh

My group also, but I suspect there's some overlap in players of both of these groups.:)

IRM
12-08-2009, 05:37
I don't have the rulebook to hand, but I'm sure the rules as described by Pooh and Krolik are correct (at least according to Burning Drachens). That's how I always have played collisions. You disregard the climb counters to check for line of sight, perhaps that's what Blue Baron was thinking of ?

Pseudotheist
12-08-2009, 05:44

Pooh
No, you've been playing it right:

Two overlapping planes and/or balloons collide if 1) they are both at the same altitude and 2) either they both have climb counters (no matter how many) or they both have no climb counters.

The Blue Baron
12-08-2009, 06:42
Sorry, I was wrong.

SHVAK
12-12-2009, 20:32
I use modified rules which have converging planes collide only if their manouvers are mirrored (ie left vs right, or straight vs straight). Otherwise collisions tend to occur moreso than necessary.