PDA

View Full Version : List your store/gaming group

Oberst Hajj
08-20-2009, 01:31
I'd like to see how many different player groups we have out there.

1. Gamer's Haven WoW Group - 12 players.

Davot
08-20-2009, 05:17
2. We have about 6 players (all beginners) in our gaming group for this game. I named the group after my brother's ridiculoulsy stupid fake German name that he came up with at midnight the other night as his place. :D

Wraith
08-20-2009, 06:44
USAFA has 6 players and might be adding more in the near future.

-Josh

afilter
08-20-2009, 08:57
For the time being, my basement 4-6 players (2 sons and daughter with other friends). This fall hope to get into a group at the FLGS. :)

Wildcard
08-22-2009, 17:19
When does the USAFA league meet and where at?

Considering I work there lol....also have u guys started WWII or just still in WWI?

Oberst Hajj
08-22-2009, 18:16
Still doing WWI. WWII will be during winter most likely.

Wildcard
08-22-2009, 21:06
you guys are turning WWI from a few years into a decade long war :eek::p

Stoff
08-22-2009, 21:49
We play at our local gaming store:

Rules of Engagement Games
Havelock, North Carolina, USA

I'm not sue as to how may players - somewhere between 6 and 20.

We had 8 in our last tournament. (Number One Son won; first ace and overall. I came in last, i think.)

Christoph

Wraith
08-22-2009, 22:03
For the USAFA League, we generally meet on the weekends up in Fairchild Hall.

-Josh B.

WilliamBarkerVC
08-23-2009, 07:35
I play at the GROTS ( Greater Red Deer Organization of Tactical Silliness) and there are probably around 15 or so Wings of War players. The club has around 75 total members so whenever a campaign launches there are lots of new players.

The club is located in CompuSoft / The Game Store in Red Deer, Alberta. We play Saturdays from 1000-1700 and Thursdays nights (September to June) from 1800-2100.

The club plays mostly GW games but Wings of War gets a fair amount of play.

www.grots.ca - store link is www.grots.ca/dastore.html - the site is obviously more for the benefit of the club, as the store has no "web presence".

Oberst Hajj
08-23-2009, 09:10
Sounds a lot like our local store. Mainly GW, but WoW and FoW both get lots of table time.

Oberst Hajj
08-24-2009, 10:53
Hey guys, if your gaming store or club has a web site, link it here. I'd like to have a look around and "see where you guys come from". Thanks.

Stoff
08-24-2009, 12:48
Rules of Engagement Games
Havelock, NC, USA

<http://roegames.com/>

Christoph

Charlie3
08-27-2009, 08:02
We don't have a fancy name just Wings of War League.
We are playing at a local store every Tuesday night between 7 and 10pm
Although we have over 20 players we typically have between 8 and10 on any given night.
It's funny but the only reason I have a group is because I asked the owner to order the game for me and showed it to him when it got there. He is a die hard WarDollar 40K player and professed to not liking "historical stuff" He liked the game! I put up a poster for a test flight game night and hooked 4 people that first night. By the end of the week we had 10 people that wanted to play.
I wrote some League rules with house rules that we prefer included, and outlining how to play at the store for league points whenever the players want (must be done at the store.) And we were off and running. Just goes to show that a good game will always pull in players.

cmcgill
08-27-2009, 12:06
There is a group of about 12 that get together every Monday to play a variety of strategy boardgames and miniature games. WOW has become a favorite for a bunch of us because it is such a quick game to set up and play. It's not often that you come across a game like this that is simple to play but is a LOT of fun as well. We haven't tried the WWII version yet but someone just picked it up last week so I think we are going to give that one a try as well. My son (age 8) loves it as well. He loves being able to shoot dad out of the sky :).

CappyTom
09-01-2009, 02:13
We play at The Game Room in Toledo, Ohio. Fridays at 4pm till when ever. We also play Axis & Allies miniatures. All are welcome and we have about 15 to 20 players. There are other rooms in the store to play other games as well.

aarondpjames
09-19-2009, 06:09
I play at Nuneaton War gamers club but there is only 2 of us that are serious about WOW & DOW. We have about 6 other guys that show up from time to time, but they rarly play.

I've yet to convert the guys at Battleforce Pompy to WOW & DOW yet, but I recon there will be a few followers there when I'm done.

calm
09-19-2009, 13:17
We play at home (mine and friends) and, as we started only a few days ago, are a small group of 4, but I expect to chance this very soon.

To this date we played only Dawn of War, nothing against WW1, it just happened that we put our hands in the WW2 module first.

[]'s Carlos...

John B
09-23-2009, 11:37
We have 10 to 12 players, but usually only 6 hardcore at our club in Birmingham UK.
We have been looking at campaign rules but none seem good enough ATM.
Just hoping that Knights of the Air will fit the bill.

John B

Bixby
09-29-2009, 11:03
There is a group of about 12 that get together every Monday to play a variety of strategy boardgames and miniature games. WOW has become a favorite for a bunch of us because it is such a quick game to set up and play. It's not often that you come across a game like this that is simple to play but is a LOT of fun as well. We haven't tried the WWII version yet but someone just picked it up last week so I think we are going to give that one a try as well. My son (age 8) loves it as well. He loves being able to shoot dad out of the sky :).

That is cool. My wife and I met one of the member of your group (Chris M) on BGG and joined your group one Monday last April for a game night. Great group and very welcoming. Seems to me we played Neuroshima Hex and Formula Motor Racing that night.

Bixby
09-29-2009, 11:09
I started a game group a few years ago and it has grown to a healthy number of members. We play a huge variety of games and set up special leagues for games that really capture the hearts of the players.

BFD - Bixby's Formula De League
BoWoW - Bixby's Official Wings of War League
BAAM - Bixby's Axis & Allies Miniatures Group
BAH - Bixby's Association of HeroScapers

cmcgill
09-29-2009, 12:10
I believe I remember that night. I think there was some robo rally mayhem as well.

Bixby
09-29-2009, 12:40
I believe I remember that night. I think there was some robo rally mayhem as well.

Yes there was... My wife played that while i was playing Neuroshima. Small world. :)

evilsam
09-29-2009, 18:37
The Toy Soldier in Amesbury, MA.
http://www.amesburygames.com/wordpress/

Still a small group on Thursday nights.

C Stewart
09-30-2009, 03:53
um...our house... large coffee table with board on top, 2 players (boyfriend and I) WoW and DoW.

no weblink :)

Hjortfot
09-30-2009, 06:59
Me and three friend, my place mostly, sometimes my son and girlfriend play.

Zeppelin
09-30-2009, 17:29
Not a member at my stores WOW group yet (Krystal Keep). Just playing with friends and family at the moment and will be to four players.

Cujo8-1
10-16-2009, 14:28
Just finished a large 12 person playing of a bombing scenario last Saturday. We don't have a group name, but many folks play at The Game Headquarters in Oklahoma City when a gathering is announced. Store website is:

http://gameheadquarters.com/

There is a group of four who play weekly on Tuesdays during the day, but alas I am at work making the money in order to buy more of this stuff!

Go to "The Dispatch" link for the monthly newsletter.

Pooh
10-17-2009, 09:39
I game with a group of 8 to 12. We game most Fridays at one of several members homes. 3 have large tables per fect for WoW. There were 2 good gaming stores (Z-Games & Bridgetown Hobbies) in our area that catered to WoW. Sadly 1 just closed its doors and the couple that runs the other is wanting to retire and have the property up for sale. It is unlikely there will be a gaming store there when they go.

Pooh

Tallyho
10-19-2009, 19:27
Another pilot checking in from The Toy Soldier in Amesbury, MA.

Dathbain
10-20-2009, 08:54
Myth Adventures in Mcallen, Texas. Me and about 5 on again off again players, no campaigning just scenarios that I run every two or three weeks.

Greywolf
10-20-2009, 13:01
mostly going to be myself and my two brother inlaws but have found Kiwi_Ace is not far from me so we will hook up with him for some games. Where do we get our stuff from its easy me. [Greyknight Miniatures] Still getting a Blog site organized for now but towards the end of the year or early next year we'll get a proper website up and running.

Cheers
GW

Bixby
10-20-2009, 15:24
Our first BoWoW League night is this Thursday. Yay!!!!

I have tried for a year to get a monthly league nights established and we are going to launch this week. I still have some league details to work out, but I am really looking forward to this. I will host at our place on a 6' x 4' table.

gregbond77
10-20-2009, 15:49
Dear Col. Hajj,

I must have the computer IQ of a doorknob. How do I get to the Report for duty Forum? Yes I tried Forums.

My main intrest is constructing WW1 1/144 scale aircraft. At this point I have finished, Pfalz D-III & D-XII, Junkers D-I, Albatros D-II(with wood grain body and windroff(sp) radiators, Nieuport 11 @ 28, and an Se5a. I am working on a Sopwith Triplane, Sopwith Dolphin, and Fokker D-VI.

I also collect all of the Wings of War miniatures.

greg bond

The Blue Baron
11-09-2009, 04:37
Somebody's living room. About 4 players. But trying to start something at our local gamestore.

HardRock
11-13-2009, 03:44
Hat's Games, no name for the group, just 3 of us so far but we hear from the owners that others are interested. The only problem we have is our game night is very irregular, supposed to be every other Saturday night, but has been averaging once a month. Just 'Dawn of War' so far, we're WWII nuts most of the time, side's it's the only game I have ;).
We mostly play Axis & Allies War at Sea, so if you see the guys pushing little boats around, you can talk to us about airplanes too.

Henry

Scoop
11-14-2009, 07:07
Well, this must be group 25 or so, after the 2nd group no one went on counting :p

We play every second week in our local gaming store in Coburg and desperatly need more Germans ... I mean German pilots :) A member of our group is a history teacher and tries to make the campaign as historical correct as possible - which is a problem because at the moments it's always Albatross vs. Nieuport. The German moral is pretty down cause they keep on losing almost every mission. I am the leader of the allied squad and fly with a French pilot, which annoyes everyone :) Pretty funny though cause I'm surviving and surviving and surviving while everyone around me bites the dust.

We're playing with house rules (sign comunication between pilots - great fun! and different altitude rules) and are always about 6 to 10 players.

Here's the website ("Termine"):

http://www.drachenhort-shop.de/

MayorJim
11-27-2010, 09:59
Mostly play at folks' homes. Boardwalk Hobby Shop in Cincinnati, OH is great. Unfortunately, they don't have room to play in the store

Dutchy
11-28-2010, 18:20
Knoxville TN Flight has 6 players. We meet once a month at Hobby Town. Dutchy

tonyc206
11-29-2010, 06:12
I play at thye Kingston Games Group. There are about 4-8 people interested in playing, but I'm the only certifiable one. SentinelV (recently joined this site) also plays there. I ran a short test campaign on a 'whoever turns up' basis.

The group meets every Tuesday evening and Sunday afternoon at the Willoughby Pub in Kingston upon Thames.

McKeever
11-29-2010, 06:58
In this area of Tennessee, our main 'drome is Dewayne's World over in Kingsport. Satellite fields are at members home game rooms in Elizabethton & Jonesboro.

For WOW we have four official members (signed onto forum) and three unofficial.

Charlie3
11-29-2010, 07:55
We don't have a fancy name just Wings of War League.
We are playing at a local store every Tuesday night between 7 and 10pm
Although we have over 20 players we typically have between 8 and10 on any given night.
It's funny but the only reason I have a group is because I asked the owner to order the game for me and showed it to him when it got there. He is a die hard WarDollar 40K player and professed to not liking "historical stuff" He liked the game! I put up a poster for a test flight game night and hooked 4 people that first night. By the end of the week we had 10 people that wanted to play.
I wrote some League rules with house rules that we prefer included, and outlining how to play at the store for league points whenever the players want (must be done at the store.) And we were off and running. Just goes to show that a good game will always pull in players.Since this posting the store we played at changed owners, and recently closed:(

But the good news is we have moved next door to TC Paintball. http://tcpaintball.com/traversecity
The owner of this paint ball supply store is an avid gamer and opened The War Room which is a game dedicated room with 3 large game tables in it, as well as having 3 more out on his sales floor. We still meet every Tuesday night, and have about 10 diehard players, with another 10 on again off again members. No campaigns, but we usually have at least one scenario sortie each night. All you have to do to be in the League and compete for bragging rights and sometimes a silly prize or two is show up from 7pm - 10pm and survive a game or two.;) (or go down in flames like I usually do)

Propjockey53
11-29-2010, 16:28
Hope you can fly with us soon!!!!

Doug
11-30-2010, 03:24
I am lucky in that I have a large family and with girlfriends and boyfriends. On a good weekend there can be up to 8 of us for a family group. We play both WoW & DoW, although the average game size is 4 -5 players.
I also game at the Emporer's Legion a small club in Brisbane made up of old friends on the 1st Staturday of each month we play either WoW or DoW depending on what people want to do
Every 3 rd Sunday I go down to my club (Dragon's) in Brisbane. There the number can vary between 2 - 10 players although we have played a lot of WoW. DoW is the current favorate.