PDA

View Full Version : SeriouslyBoard Reporting For Duty

SeriouslyBoard
08-01-2011, 14:49
Hi all. Coming in to land in the Bay Of Plenty, here.

My wife and I run an online board game store and I've been an admirer from afar of the WoW for about four years. I finally got a deluxe starter set a couple of months ago, but haven't had many opportunities to play.

We're now looking to run a tourney at Board Games By The Bay in October, or at the very least, inviting gamers to join us for their own dogfights. We're also lining up other tournaments for other games.

I'm a bit of a history buff, and the WW1 time period has always intrigued me. My great-grandfather, (British), gave his life for his country amidst the trenches of the Western Front.

I grew up on an Amiga and the game I thrashed the most was Wings by Cinemaware. Does anyone remember that? A great arcadey flight simulator, with bombing and strafing missions thrown in for good measure. But the plot was what really drove it forward. (And I can still remember the music...haha...)

I'm also a Monty Python buff, too, and the "banter" skit is one of my favourites! :D

Say hello if anyone's keen to look at the idea of a tourney, or to grab some minis, or even just to chat! :thumbsup:

Ginarley
08-01-2011, 17:51
Welcome aboard mate :)

SeriouslyBoard
08-01-2011, 20:15
Welcome aboard mate :)

Thanks Ian - glad to be here!

Linz
08-02-2011, 00:59
Welcome aboard David. Great to have you join up.
What date where you thinking of for the Tourney as I would like to be able to get up for it.
Check in with Kiwi_Ace Jody he's or flight leader for Bay of Plenty.
Linz

Ps Drop in to the Officers Club and introduce yourself to the rest of the crew.

SeriouslyBoard
08-02-2011, 01:19
What date where you thinking of for the Tourney as I would like to be able to get up for it.
Linz

Thanks Linz. Wowsers - all the way from Otago? That'd be awesome!

It's on October 22-23, which is the Saturday and Sunday of Labour Weekend. Details (and tickets) can be found here: http://boardgamesbythebay.org.nz/

I have to note, though, that the tourney is dependent on numbers. (Or, at least, one with a biplane flight as a prize would be dependent on numbers.) If there aren't enough numbers to fund the prize, then you can always have a free tournament with bragging rights as the prize! ;)

Thanks for the heads up about Jody. I'll send him a message. :thumbsup:

SeriouslyBoard
08-02-2011, 01:21
Linz

Ps Drop in to the Officers Club and introduce yourself to the rest of the crew.

I just saw your addendum, and I will do! :)

Linz
08-02-2011, 01:38
See you at the Bar first round is on me:pint::pint::pint:
Linz

SeriouslyBoard
08-02-2011, 01:47
See you at the Bar first round is on me:pint::pint::pint:
Linz

Don't drink and fly! :D

Max Headroom
08-25-2011, 21:52
Greetings! I left a query on the tournament post about the date and I see the answer now, but you may want to reply on that thread in case others can't find it. I may be able to make it!

SeriouslyBoard
08-26-2011, 22:27
Looks like Chris beat me to it, Alan! It'd be great to see you there - what part of the country are you coming from?

Max Headroom
09-02-2011, 20:40
I live in a motorhome, but am booked to do some house-sitting at that time in Palmy. Am trying to organise it to make it, but the Saturday is definitely out... I don't know which of the days you had planned to run the WoW game, or if you plan both days.

SeriouslyBoard
09-05-2011, 01:46
I live in a motorhome, but am booked to do some house-sitting at that time in Palmy. Am trying to organise it to make it, but the Saturday is definitely out... I don't know which of the days you had planned to run the WoW game, or if you plan both days.

People are welcome to play WoW on both days if they like - we'll have a deluxe set in the library so anyone can pick it up and have a game.

But we're hoping to have the big sortie on Sunday. Hopefully we can drum up a bit more support during Saturday and it just might mean introducing the game to new people. :)